The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   VISOR repair/replacement (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26467)

James Scott 05-28-2005 04:18 AM

VISOR repair/replacement

My visor has evidently lost its magnetic strength to keep the mirror cover flap closed (over the light switch). I use the visors somewhat as a sun blocker (almost always forward against windshield), since window tint is illegal on windshield and front side windows in my area.

Is there any good way to repair ...or should I look up replacement cost from Subaruparts.com?

THANKS for your help! :D

ensteele 05-29-2005 11:37 PM

Does it droop? If not, maybe try velcro. If it does droop, I think I would replace it. :)

thundering02 05-30-2005 09:17 AM

Try the how to Documents I'm almost sure theres an article or two.

Conn SVX 05-31-2005 06:33 PM

I took my drooping visors apart, they don't look broken like in the pictures . What am I doing wrong? They look like solid foam

thundering02 05-31-2005 06:56 PM

theres a plastic(maybe metal?) only far enough to connect the hinge bar to this area is worn most likely. even a couple of thousanths can cause is to go down. Thats why they used zip ties to Squeeze it all back toghether.

DWAYN 06-05-2005 12:28 PM

Falling Visor Problem.

I have replaced my driver side visor with used svx visors.
this works for a while, but replacement visors eventually fall.

so i pulled out the trim around the drivers side window just enough to allow the visor to rest on it. it isn't pretty but it works well enough that i don't have to duck to see under the visor

James Scott 06-05-2005 03:11 PM

Visor flap falling

SO....I guess the visor magnetic closure can't be fixed.....Then,where do you buy the VISOR from at a decent cost...So far, I can't get a part # or cost from Subaruparts.com...?

svxcess 06-05-2005 05:08 PM

Here is the 1993 SVX interior accessories page from subaruparts.com. Since all the beige visors (and other beige parts) are the same from 93 to 97, use the 1993 SVX page as a starting point when searching for beige interior parts. The 94-97 pages do not have a "sealing and trim" section to search for interior accessories.

http://www.subaruparts.com/diag/?mod...category=931-A

I din't know why there are price differences between the US and Canadian visors

James Scott 06-05-2005 07:15 PM

THANKS! I don't know why I couldn't find the interior link? $110 ....YIKES! HUH?

:D

down under 06-06-2005 04:50 AM

go to ebay i live in australia and buy my parts on ebay from US from a guy bmibay@bmicad.com very approachable and has a stock of sunvisors, radiators etc etc for SVX

Earthworm 06-06-2005 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess
I din't know why there are price differences between the US and Canadian visors

Canadian SVX's have additional information on the visors. I noticed this when I replaced mine with one I bought from Mike.

DWAYN 06-07-2005 06:50 PM

falling visors

i really think subaru should have recalled these non lasting visors.

another posibility would be to find a pair of decent visors
ones that last like they should and fit the decor of the car

then tap and thread new holes to fit the mounting holes of the new visor.

one might have to cut a piece of metal or wood to fit the new visor mounting
hardware
then drill holes to fit the holes in the car

then drill and thread holes in the medal adapter to mount the chosen new longer lasting visors.

seems like a round about way to do it, but at least one would have visors that wouldn't soon be falling.

i don't know if i would actually try this, maybe on my parts car someday if i get around to it.