The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Look what came in the mail today (the beginning of MY 6 speed story) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22460)

Subafreak 11-05-2004 07:38 PM

Look what came in the mail today (the beginning of MY 6 speed story)

1 Attachment(s)
Well, some of it's here anyway.:rolleyes: Now to find out where the rest of it is.

Chiketkd 11-05-2004 08:33 PM

Sweet mother! That thing looks amazing. Hope the other parts turn up soon. Your SVX will be smokin' next season for sure! :cool:

-Chike

wawazat?? 11-07-2004 07:31 PM

Awesome Jesse!

Todd

lee 11-07-2004 07:51 PM

here's where I show my ignorance for modern automobiles....is the plate between the bell housing and the transmission a pump (like on an auto box)? I presume it's for providing hydraulics for the AWD, or does it do something else (or worse, is it something else than my guess)?

SVXRide 11-07-2004 08:19 PM

Jesse,
Very, very nice! Where did you happen to find this piece of mechanical beauty?
-Bill

Bwana 11-07-2004 09:06 PM

Wanna put your 5spd in my car? :D

alex_umn 11-07-2004 09:07 PM

sweet!

Welcome to the club :D

mbtoloczko 11-07-2004 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lee
here's where I show my ignorance for modern automobiles....is the plate between the bell housing and the transmission a pump (like on an auto box)? I presume it's for providing hydraulics for the AWD, or does it do something else (or worse, is it something else than my guess)?
The 6MT has a pump to circulate the gear oil.

mbtoloczko 11-07-2004 09:16 PM

Freak, :-)

What gear ratios did you end up choosing?

SSSVX 11-07-2004 09:58 PM

awesome, good luck.

Beav 11-08-2004 03:51 AM

I bet your mailman is expecting more than a couple bucks in the box at Christmas (like maybe a truss.)

Subafreak 11-08-2004 07:47 PM

I got it from Kingpin motorsports in AZ. A little mixup in the shipping department sent it to Washington state first, (and I got someones STI rear window that was suppost to go to Wa.) Then I got the tranny a week later but the rest of the stuff (rearend with axles, starter, clutch, flywheel, pedals, clutch master and slave, ARE MISSING!!! And I'm kinda getting the run around from the guys at Kingpin. Friday Clark was at a funeral and today Dave was at a funeral:confused: :mad: Have yet to get a voulentary call back or responce to E-mail. Well see what happens tommorow.

Also one thing I didn't count on that may or maynot be a big thing. The tranny I got has an LSD front end and becouse of that I think, it has the stubless type front axles. This means the SVX axles won't work. What are the chances that STI fron axles will slide right into SVX hubs and be the right length and everything? I'm crossing my fingers. For everthing.

On another bright note, my NOS kit for stage II finnaly came in today.:)

Chiketkd 11-08-2004 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Subafreak
On another bright note, my NOS kit for stage II finnaly came in today.:)
Damn Jesse. With the Stage II and the STI 6MT you'll be tearing past everything next year! :)

Hope those guys at Kingpin square things away with you real soon...

-Chike

Subafreak 11-10-2004 06:29 PM

Mychalio: I think it's a Vr. 7 tranny. I think there all the same ratio anyway from the WRX. Tops out at like 150mph at 7K or something sick like that.

They seem to getting things straitend out. Know one knows whats happend to the other stuff but there sending out new stuff. The only problem is they say the price never included rear axels, even though I thought I was clear about it:mad: So I will have to pay extra to get rear axels but they are gonna throw in the front axles that I need now so I guess it evens out.:rolleyes:

They say the rear axels are getting harder to come by becouse the STI guys are breaking them left and right:eek: And I thought they were suppost to be strong.:confused:

Anyway it's getting worked out so y'all better watch out.:cool: :D

Chiketkd 11-10-2004 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Subafreak
Anyway it's getting worked out so y'all better watch out.:cool: :D
Sweet! Can't wait to see what times you'll be running next year. It'd be cool to see the ScoobyMile flooded with a bunch of quick SVXs...

-Chike

P.S. BTW Jesse, you should submit your 5spd 14.7 timeslip to them. Another SVX on there in the 14's would be cool to see! :cool: