The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   European Forum (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Midlands Meet update (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12434)

TonyShaleUK 08-05-2003 11:47 AM

Midlands Meet update

Hi all,

Everything is now in place and confirmed. I have a place booked for dinner but it doesn't serve veggie and it is a little late, so I'm doing further research.

I am getting maps together and hope to get them into my locker soon - I'll let you know when they are there.

Can I ask that you let me know who will be going to the dinner - I have a table for 15 booked so far, so I would like to make sure that there's enough room before we turn up!!

I know that Andy is in for it, so who else please.

Also, can you confirm your attendance so that I can arrange entry stickers for the motor museum.

Now all we need is the weather!

Tony

b3lha 08-05-2003 01:54 PM

Hi Tony,

We're definitely coming to the meet on the Saturday and the Sunday but we'll have to skip the dinner because of the veggie thing.

I'll call Matt and Claire in the morning to check what their plans are.

Phil and Belha

TonyShaleUK 08-06-2003 01:03 AM

I'm still looking for another dinner venue, so fingers crossed! I assume if I can get a suitable place that you'll be there?

Tony

svxistentialist 08-06-2003 02:09 AM

Glad to see meeting plans coming to a head.

Apologies I can't be there this year, although I would love to be able to attend.

My friend Joe from Southampton [I met up with him at last year's Devon bash on the Friday in Saltash] has a wedding reception for his daughter in Monaghan here in Ireland. It is on the same weekend, so obviously, I had the dilemma of having to choose which group would be the bigger boozers!:D :D

Just joking, of course. I will miss the fun, but I know you are well trained party animals, so have fun, and post pics as soon as possible.

Joe:D

Andy 08-06-2003 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxistentialist
Glad to see meeting plans coming to a head.

Apologies I can't be there this year, although I would love to be able to attend.

My friend Joe from Southampton [I met up with him at last year's Devon bash on the Friday in Saltash] has a wedding reception for his daughter in Monaghan here in Ireland. It is on the same weekend, so obviously, I had the dilemma of having to choose which group would be the bigger boozers!:D :D

Just joking, of course. I will miss the fun, but I know you are well trained party animals, so have fun, and post pics as soon as possible.

Joe:D

Stop the pathetic excuses Joe, we all know that you are not coming this year because yours is the 1st round.

:D :D

svxistentialist 08-06-2003 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Andy

Stop the pathetic excuses Joe, we all know that you are not coming this year because yours is the 1st round.

:D :D

"Your round Joe"

"Sho are you Andy you fat git"

:) :D

Phil Hill 08-07-2003 01:15 AM

Oooooo, get you !!

<searches for handbag......>

svxistentialist 08-07-2003 03:42 AM

Y'know Angie won't let you carry no handbag, less'n it had one o' them liptops in it.

So there:p

:)

Andy 08-07-2003 06:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like we could have another attendee.

svxistentialist 08-07-2003 10:40 AM

That's cool Andy. Nice one.

Maybe they will be passing round a marketing questionnaire, to see how many of you are interested in the B11S, if they make it.
{At the right money, of course.} In that case, you can handle my proxy vote, answer is yes.

You can also let them know that I am prepared to road test the car for the Irish market. For a small consideration.

Remember I said small, I can't afford too much at present.:D :D

Joe;)

Andy 08-07-2003 11:37 AM

The problem Joe is that the Irish version will have the Justy 1.2 CVT fitted.

svxistentialist 08-07-2003 03:32 PM

You are so right Andy.

The real problem is the Irish Government and Revenue has made it expensive to own even a Justy!!!

Of course, it means you can buy cheap taxfree vans from Ireland because the heavy tax depresses the pretax wholesale prices, so I don't expect you'll be shedding many tears for us.:p

Joe

Andy 08-13-2003 11:42 AM

I have booked my room for Saturday night at the Crompton House Hotel. I have no idea where it is, so I could have a good walk.

I am travelling on the chuck wagon tomorrow, so wish me luck!!:eek:

svxistentialist 08-13-2003 12:27 PM

Good luck Andy!!!

:) :D

Arthur-UK 08-14-2003 02:09 AM

I'm booked into a B&B near the University. Just need to wash the car. See you all on Saturday.

Regards

Arthur