The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Report card - 1st anniversary (longish) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2649)

Ron Mummert 01-31-2002 09:22 PM

Report card - 1st anniversary (longish)

Today - Jan. 31 marks one year since I got my '92 through MD state inspection, so I consider it the starting point for the "SVX experience". I've noticed a lot of Network visitors with the same trepidations I had about taking the plunge into the money pit, so perhaps a summary of a year's worth of SVXing may serve as a guidepost for other potential buyers. Your experiences may vary.
I paid $6,500 for it from private owner (2nd). Totally stock except K & N filter.

Beginning mileage - 76,852. Today's mileage 97,020. Total this year - 20,168. Work done just prior to my purchase - power steering pump & 2 rebuilt front axles - $752.00. Tranny replaced w/Suby rebuilt, don't know how much $. Work to get through inspection - replace one front rotor, replace rear brake pads (OEM)- $398.00. Fix windshied stone chips - $50.00. During the year - replaced buzzing resonator w/straight pipe - $185.00 (yeah, I know, I got hosed). Installed B & M cooler - $130.00. Drained & flushed coolent & 4 oil changes w/Mobile One 10w30. That's it! (except for the cam cover oil leak). All other systems are go. No electrical problems with windows, climate control, seat belts, stock stereo, etc. No bearing problems. Tires are Dunlop 5000 SP's & were not new when car was purchased. Still look good for another 5-7K, provided the Fix-a-Flat holds the screw in place. Yep, it's still there.

The car's a daily commuter, but no constant stop & go city driving.
Several day & weekend trips/meets, plus one 3,500 mile vacation drive in mid-summer. It's mostly been driven conservatively, except when showing off at meets, or when the wine kicks in. Top speed so far 110.
No rallys, drag races or "S" curves in Delaware.

So, now that I've thoroughly jixed the car for next year, I must say I've been more than pleased with the batmobile so far.
To all members - Good luck with your babies as well.
God bless America & Fuji Heavy Industries.
Ron.

svxter 01-31-2002 11:49 PM

Happy Anniversary, Ron.

Aredubjay 02-01-2002 12:21 AM

Here's to Ron and his SVX! *Clunk* Dang, those boxes make a funny sound with you clink 'em together. :D

LarryIII 02-01-2002 04:48 AM

Rondo,

Happy Anniversary. Here's a Box-O-Straws so you can sip from your favorite Box-O-Vino.

Larry III
PS: Have you tried any vino from the Nort Joisey Winery. Their vino comes in these specially shaped plasticized containers that they call "Cask-Kits". I recommed the "Burgundy de Bayonne" for a red and the "Pinnot de Pistola" for a white.

Mr. Pockets 02-01-2002 07:43 AM

Happy Anniversary, Ron - may you and your SVX share many more. :)

1994SubaruSVX 02-01-2002 08:01 AM

not to shabby ron.

my laundry list is not quite so clean. i have spent a lot of money on my car in the four years i have owned it. some of it has been voluntary like the wheels, brakes, exhaust, and suspension. i guess it has been too bad considering i drive it like a Formula One car. :D

Ron Mummert 02-01-2002 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
Rondo,

Larry III
PS: Have you tried any vino from the Nort Joisey Winery. Their vino comes in these specially shaped plasticized containers that they call "Cask-Kits". I recommed the "Burgundy de Bayonne" for a red and the "Pinnot de Pistola" for a white.

Youse got any Merlot in a Hackensack?
Yum! Ron.

Aredubjay 02-01-2002 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert

Youse got any Merlot in a Hackensack?
Yum! Ron.

Nah! But, he's got some "Vin e Boom Bah!"

Ron Mummert 02-01-2002 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Nah! But, he's got some "Vin e Boom Bah!"

Yeah, that stuff's OK; but when I drink it, I don't get no respect in the morning. Thanks anyway.
Ron.