The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Neon smokes a 'stang gt (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14885)

CigarJohnny 12-06-2003 12:39 PM

Neon smokes a 'stang gt

One of the guys who works here drives a new Mustang GT('02 or '03) and on his way to work a Neon challenged him to a race. He took them up and jumped on it and the Neon came alive and blew him away like he was standing still! He just shrivelled up behind the wheel and hoped nobody saw it happen..LOL

Nothing more satisfying than a mustang getting smoked except for a mustang getting smoked by a Neon.

BTW...he thinks it may have been an SRT Neon.

LMAO :D

Landshark 12-06-2003 01:19 PM

the SRT-4 is ALWAYS fastAr! :D

immortal_suby 12-06-2003 05:25 PM

It had to have been a stock neon. If it was an SRT-4 he would have heard a sonic boom when it broke the sound barrier. They can do it in the 1/4 mile. Those things go like mach-eleventy hundred.

:p

solarsvx 12-07-2003 05:43 AM

oh god,, u have any idea what u started now LOL ,, where doomed

SHISVX 12-07-2003 07:49 AM

don't doubt it in the least... sometime hot shot pony drivers need to be shut the hell up...it was either a modded neon or a SRT4

but guess what "it's still a NEON!"

lol

Kelli

Shot king 12-07-2003 09:44 AM

Quote:

but guess what "it's still a NEON!"
Kelly ya beat me to it.;)

SHISVX 12-07-2003 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Shot king

Kelly ya beat me to it.;)

okay Joshe:rolleyes: and it's KELLI! LOL

;)

Kelli

Seraph 12-07-2003 12:57 PM

Stang GT, Camaro V6 are slow as hell. I used to beat them in my Prelude all the time. V8 Camaro on the other hand, you may have a harder time.

Shadow248 12-08-2003 10:30 PM

Everyone knows how i feel about the Mustang GT. But it definetly had to be a special neon, whether the SRT or just some REAL engine work on a regular neon, the GT driver would have had to have been completely inept to lose to a regular neon.

My best friend just bought a 2001 Camaro SS...and since i got my Trans Am WS6, once the weather gets nice, you will see our list of cars destroyed. Granted we are experienced drivers, so most of the results will be biased cause rarely do i come across a good driver. Lancer EVO my ass. I can't wait to come across one of those jokes.

Seraph 12-08-2003 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Shadow248

My best friend just bought a 2001 Camaro SS...and since i got my Trans Am WS6, once the weather gets nice, you will see our list of cars destroyed. Granted we are experienced drivers, so most of the results will be biased cause rarely do i come across a good driver. Lancer EVO my ass. I can't wait to come across one of those jokes.

My buddy has a 99 Camaro SS with a rebuilt engine done at a place in WI (where GM brings their cars once in a while to tune them up) and before this rebuilt he has about 450 hp at the wheels. I think after this one, he is going to get about 550ish on NA. That's one crazy ride.

Shot king 12-09-2003 09:41 AM

Quote:

Lancer EVO my ass. I can't wait to come across one of those jokes.
!?!??

upnygimp 12-09-2003 10:00 AM

Hes a Trans Am Driver.......what did you expect? I can't wait till a 4cyl hands him his ass hardcore. But then, he won't come back to tell us about that now will he ;) .

wawazat?? 12-09-2003 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SHISVX

okay Joshe:rolleyes: and it's KELLI! LOL

;)

Kelli

and she dots her "i"s with a little heart shaped smiley face:)

She's sweet and demure, quite in social settings with people she's just met :rolleyes: doesn't drink to excess, and goes to chucrch every Sunday.

HA!

:p

Todd

wawazat?? 12-09-2003 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by upnygimp
Hes a Trans Am Driver.......what did you expect? I can't wait till a 4cyl hands him his ass hardcore. But then, he won't come back to tell us about that now will he ;) .
Yeah, but I bet he thinks he's got a big :eek: :rolleyes:

Todd

Chicane 12-09-2003 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Shadow248
Everyone knows how i feel about the Mustang GT. But it definetly had to be a special neon, whether the SRT or just some REAL engine work on a regular neon, the GT driver would have had to have been completely inept to lose to a regular neon.
Not really.

See, now people give the SRT4 credit, but still think the regular neon is hopeless. You're wrong. With my STOCK 97 SOHC coupe, I was EASILY able to smoke the living CRAP out of V6 Camaros and mustangs, and dust off a few Mustang GTs (the 93-97? style). I didnt' even have a cold air intake. With an intake, udp, header, mopar perf ecu, and a few other mods, you can run 13s WITH JUST BOLT ONS, and no turbo kit. With a turbo kit and NO OTHERMODS, you can run 13s. Len Aleya's STREET neon (not his race car, but his daily driver) runs 11s in STREET trim, no slicks, and it looks like a stock intense blue R/T.

So yeah, give them some respect. I'm positive that my old neon would have destroyed my SVX in a stoplight race....but then be destroyed at higher speeds by the SVX.

- Rob