The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My Baby X 2 +1 (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9072)

TapperManor 03-01-2003 11:22 AM

My Baby X 2 +1

Well.............................................. ...............I have been debating getting rid of my SVX. My wife is 6 months pregnant I considered getting something more practical. But I have decided to keep her! Heck the kid(s) will need to be teenagers before they may complain about the room in the back seats.

The other big news is I just purchased another SVX for parts. I needed tires (and rims) and rotors, so why not just buy a whole car. (at a good price, of course---that just had a brake job)(Its a 94, I will be parting out in the spring)

So, anyway-- I'm keeping my baby, even got another, and having a baby in 3 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tapper

PS Does any know if a baby seat will easily attach in the backseat?

SHISVX 03-01-2003 11:32 AM

hey congrats name her svxy...she'll like that

ONLY KIDDING!

glad to hear that you are keeping your svx

Kelli

Earthworm 03-01-2003 11:54 AM

The baby seat should mount fine in the back seat. The mount for the seat blends in nicely with the speaker grills on the back shelf.

Pure_Insanity8 03-01-2003 04:17 PM

Which one are you parting out, the "new" one or the "old" one? I think you made the right choice.:)

The baby seat should fit fine (although an SVX with a baby seat + baby in it is a bit of an awkward picture in my head), the people I got mine from had a young daughter that sat in a baby seat in the SVX.

-Aaron

Seraph 03-01-2003 04:22 PM

baby seat

Baby seat should fit in just fine. They have the mount/brackets in the car for that. As for the parts car, let us know when you part her out.

L

Stevebsy 03-01-2003 04:52 PM

No problem for the kiddie seat

I've had both kinds, rear facing, and forward facing mounted in my back seat no problem. Though the seat I have now needs to be put on the pass side so the seat can be moved up a little. The tether mounts just show once again how the SVX was ahead of its time.

TapperManor 03-01-2003 09:05 PM

I'm parting out the newly purchased '94'.......I think!?. Supposedly it is still drivable..........................and might be savable :confused: (has chips on spoiler and left rear panel damage) Previous owner says he lost his heat completely. He had it looked at, and the dealer said that coolant was down and it may need a head gasket. I may just start driving it amd see what happens. Any thoughts on what it might be???

Thanks for the baby seat tips. I don't think it will be awkward, although I may need to bend over a bit more that an in an SUV.

CigarJohnny 03-02-2003 10:16 AM

Re: No problem for the kiddie seat

Quote:

Originally posted by Stevebsy
I've had both kinds, rear facing, and forward facing mounted in my back seat no problem. Though the seat I have now needs to be put on the pass side so the seat can be moved up a little. The tether mounts just show once again how the SVX was ahead of its time.
First off, congrats on the baby, Tapper!

Second, do the 92 models have these tethers? I've been tryiing to mount a forward facing seat in my SVX now that the baby is old enough and the seat belts don't hold the seat very well. If there is a special thing in them to attach baby seats I would love to know! HELP!!!!