The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Yahoo out for the count...again (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26)

Phast SVX 02-28-2001 08:50 PM

Surpise surpise, yahoo is down right now(as of 9:50 central) and has been for a while. All the more reason to have us all switch over here. And im sure it will be more welcomed now.

kastle 02-28-2001 11:08 PM

I don't care for the yahoo board. For someone who owns a turbo SVX, no one there cares about anything I have to say.

Aredubjay 02-28-2001 11:18 PM

Kastle. I wouldn't take it personally. Most people have neither the inclination, the desire nor the monies to turbo charge their SVXes. They're listening, just not responding. cdigerlando has also entered the "high mod" arena, and posts regularly, with no response, but, it doesn't seem to bother him that no one seems "interested." It's all good. It's mostly people who would "like to" but "can't" -- thus, the seemingly frigid response.

wasions 03-01-2001 12:12 AM

Wax on - wax off

Kastle,

Some of us just gotta keep it clean and dream (and dream), of wives with hot
(rod) blood, and six-figure incomes.

I'd love to experience a turbo-kick, but alas, I must live the life vicariously
through the posts of others (like you). Keep up the good work. Give those
Mitsu GT's and RX8's something to shoot for.

sith 03-01-2001 01:01 AM

I too read your posts Kastle, just don't have much in the way of useful comments.. i dun have an svx, let alone a turbo svx, but I certaintly read your posts and take an interest in what you're doing.

Chris 03-01-2001 02:15 AM

Turbo

I am following your progress with tons of interest. I have been wanting to turbo for quite some time. I am working with an experienced turbo guy that wants to take on the job of twin turbos with my SVX. He is willing to do it for basically a song and a dance. He wants the challenge as well as the "look what I can do" factor. He is thinking about dual intercoolers and a pair of Garret T25s along with an Apex-i and larger injectors. I too am at a point that I need to hand him money for parts and custom development. Right now it will have to wait till summer. This will be my second consecutive year at the quarter mile track. I have made alot of enemies at slow speeds, just very consistent. I want to do the same now, but closer to the 13 second mark from the 16 second mark. Nothing against my fellow racers, but I have a few DSMs and Civic rice boys to eat up. Did it slow last year, and now I want to do it fast! Kastle, you are most welcome here. Please drop by often and post you goods and bads. There is a nice MOD section you can over-run :)

svxxx26 03-01-2001 06:37 AM

I'll just echo what some previous posts pointed out: I love to read about what you turbo guys are up to, but am personally clueless about those things.
My "budget" allows me to have a SVX (barely). Basically, if it's running/working - I'm not messing with it!
So please, don't take silence for disinterest!

Wax on, wax off! :)

svxter 03-01-2001 08:22 AM

Ditto

Kastle

I, too, follow the posts of you and cdigerlando, as you report your experiences and problems of turbocharging your cars. The same for jmarsince2 with his nitrous injection. I think it's great, and that everyone will learn something from what you're doing. I don't feel I can comment of what you're doing, simply because I don't have the expertise. Nor can I afford to learn, at this stage of the game. But like others, I follow it with interest, and cheer you on. Wish I could join you, but I can't.

kastle 03-01-2001 10:50 AM

Glad to see that people were reading our posts. It makes me feel bad since I've decided to remove the turbo from the SVX. I just don't want to deal with the California emissions problems anymore. It's a big pain in the @$$. I've decided to install a slightly smaller kit, T3/T4 hybrid on my 2000 Impreza instead.

I'm not selling my SVX or anything yet, but I will continue to build it up like the rest of you in a N/A mode. I think Forced Air Tek might be moving somewhat towards prefabrication on cars. I'm kind of trying to talk Robert into making custom headers for the car, so we shalt see what happens.

Sorry all.

Phast SVX 03-01-2001 02:51 PM

HEADERS

YES!!!!
If robert comes out wiht headers ( less then stebro, but that shouldnt be hard) tell him my money is in his pocket.

wasions 03-01-2001 11:01 PM

HEADERS!

Oh woe is me, whoa is me!

Shortly after my lovely bride and I were wed, I installed (well, no, more like rigged) a set of cheeeep headers and glass packs on her '72 Impala 350 (well, it DID say 'Custom' on the side). Hey, it was 1974, I was just a punk kid, the runt of the litter. How was I to know?

Ever since then, whenever my (still, ever so lovely) wife hears the word 'headers', she hauls tail to the gun cabinet, mumbling things like, "That ignorant punk kid, runt of the litter, ain't gonna put NO headers on THIS fair lady's ride. Crazy ignorant runt punk . . ."

MAN! I'd just LOVE to hear them headers!

Aredubjay 03-02-2001 12:02 AM

Yep. Me too. And, I'm thinking "sidepipes" here. I think the SVX would look *****en with sidepipes.

svxxx26 03-02-2001 06:21 AM

"Side pipes"?

C'mon Randy, you're old enough to call 'em "Lake Pipes".

svxter 03-02-2001 08:08 AM

Or just "lakers"? I seem to remember that term.

But then, I SEEM to remember a lot of things......(mutter, mutter)

Aredubjay 03-02-2001 08:34 AM

Yes, but I've heard that we are looking to develop a "seemless" society. What a day that will be!