The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Updated SVX Color Code chart (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39417)

svxcess 06-18-2007 10:14 AM

Updated SVX Color Code chart

After much revision and help from Joe Devine "svxistentialist", here is the latest chart showing the colors and paint codes by various markets

Joe managed to purchase from Japan a complete range of dealer brochures that cover every model of SVX released in Japan. Most impressive of these was a 40-page brochure that must have applied to the first release of the cars, probably '91. The pictures are beautiful, and the settings are artistic as only the Japanese can be when setting a mood. We now have a full picture of what colors the JDM market released.

The updated chart, as accurate as possible, can be found in my locker HERE

DarknessofDeath 06-18-2007 10:30 AM

there is a blue 94 in canada/
you can update your chart

svxistentialist 06-18-2007 11:16 AM

Thanks Darkness.

Most of the info we put in the chart is either taken from or referenced to dealer brochures, showing the available colours, and where given, the colour codes.

In other areas we have relied on "visual" evidence. This would be like your report here that blue cars were available in Canada.
This system was also used in Australia, where we used evidence from meet pictures that certain colours are released there. Some of the German information is derived this way also. There are plenty of German meetings on the web, and so the colours can be identified for the market there.

I think the next step should be to appeal to members in different markets for scans of brochures showing available colours and codes where available.

The list is almost complete. We should go the last mile.

Joe:)

svx_commuter 06-20-2007 05:23 AM

So what is the color code for the black roof and trunk on the pearl white?

svxistentialist 06-20-2007 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svx_commuter
So what is the color code for the black roof and trunk on the pearl white?

Good question.

Short answer, we don't know. It is not listed on any of the brochures. Or anywhere that we have yet discovered.

In the 1991 launch year of the SVX there were 6 colour options for the SVX in Japan. {I think maybe the US got 4 of these?}

They were:
Silver metallic tricolour
Dark Grey/Graphite
Ebony
Ruby Mica
Claret
Mica White.

So far as I know, the US did not get Graphite nor Ruby. Also your Silver was 2-colour only, Silver [249] with black roof and trunk.

Of the six above, the Ebony is the odd one out. Ebony cars are painted pearl black all over. The other 5 colours have solid black on the roof and trunk.

I suspect they never bothered giving the colour codes for the black roof and trunk, basically because any solid black will do. They are all outside surfaces. Once you re-paint them, there is no interior nor unpainted surfaces that need to be matched to the new paint.

If asked to guess, I would expect that the solid black used would have been whatever solid black Subaru were using in any other cars of their range in '90/'91.

If we find out an official code, we will put it in the chart.

[Likewise we are aware of 3 different silvers for the wheels. We have no codes for them either:rolleyes: ]

Joe:)