The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Chat Room (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2001)

vkykam 11-15-2001 10:24 PM

Chat Room

Y'all, who actually uses the chat room?

Quite often, I sit in there, and no one enters. Am I THAT scary?

VK

wasions 11-15-2001 11:38 PM

At my last crash, I lost the chat program, and I don't remember how to get it back.:rolleyes:

Steve

huck369 11-16-2001 05:04 AM

Never been in there, doesn't ever seam to be anybody in there to chat with, Except SVXbot which shows he's always there, which leads me to think he has cable service and just leaves it in there (I mean he can't actually be there all the time can he?, doesn't he sleep?):D

Ron Mummert 11-16-2001 07:49 AM

When this dinosaur first bought a computer about 4 years ago, a speedy 200mz white box, & got on line, I ran right to the chat rooms. What I saw made me gag - Just a bunch of dudes & dudettes saying "wazzup" & commenting in aborted grammer & punctuation, about who sucks, what sucks, who rules, & whose heritage was of questionable origin etc.
Now, I don't doubt that the level of chatter at THIS site, would be elevated above the drivel I puked through before, but I was left with the impression that the "topics of discussion ", were starting points that quickly degenerated into neanderthal grunts. Also, as a two, sometimes three fingered typist, & couldn't keep up with these bozos if I wanted to. "Chat", for me, is something to do at SVX meets, not something to do with this freakin' keyboard.
HOWEVER - if someone can convince me that SVX chatters will actually remain civil & contribute substance, I'll be glad to drop in & listen.
Curmudgeonly yours, Ron.

Zeppelin 11-16-2001 09:45 AM

I usually log into chat when I surf these boards.. I've chatted with a few people now, it was GREAT when I chatted with Chris about my alarm problem. I could actually run out and check while he was typing to me! If you check out the chat room, sometimes there are people in there that don't show on these pages. Sometimes they just say "Chatbot".. I think that this chatroom could be an excellent tool if used!

1994SubaruSVX 11-16-2001 12:27 PM

it is easier for me to just leave messages.

i could chat at home but i never get online there and there is no way i am going to risk trying to chat at work.

Aredubjay 11-16-2001 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by wasions
At my last crash, I lost the chat program, and I don't remember how to get it back.:rolleyes:

Steve

Steve, the chatroom runs on its own software, but, if you're talking about MIRC, just do a google search and it should lead you to it.

SVXphile 11-16-2001 09:00 PM

Chat

It seems like everytime I DO remember to check up there to see who is in....no one is!

<HOWEVER - if someone can convince me that SVX chatters will actually remain civil & contribute substance, I'll be glad to drop in & listen. Curmudgeonly yours, Ron>

Ron, maybe you and I can agree to meet there to sharpen our puning skills. We can invite Bill, Rufus and others to join us. We won't invite Randy....professionals who make their living that way don't need the practice...:o Don

Ron Mummert 11-16-2001 09:58 PM

Re: Chat

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXphile
It seems like everytime I DO remember to check up there to see who is in....no one is!

<HOWEVER - if someone can convince me that SVX chatters will actually remain civil & contribute substance, I'll be glad to drop in & listen. Curmudgeonly yours, Ron>

Ron, maybe you and I can agree to meet there to sharpen our puning skills. We can invite Bill, Rufus and others to join us. We won't invite Randy....professionals who make their living that way don't need the practice...:o Don

Why, yes Don, I can see your point. I mean if you, Bill, Rufus & other pretenders to the throne of Grand Punditry that I, self proclaimed Wizard of Wit now occupy, need to hone your less than perfect mental jousting abilities by seeking presence in my sacred shadows, then by all means feel free to pursue perfection through mental proximity with the old master.
Spoken with profound humility, and... Yes, Don, you MAY touch the hem of my boxer shorts.
Ron.

Aredubjay 11-16-2001 11:22 PM

Re: Re: Chat

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert
Yes, Don, you MAY touch the hem of my boxer shorts.
Ron.

EEEWWWWW! EEEEWWWWW! BAD VISUAL, BAD VISUAL!! GET OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT OF MY HEAD! EEEEEWWWWWW!!! :D

wasions 11-16-2001 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Steve, the chatroom runs on its own software, but, if you're talking about MIRC, just do a google search and it should lead you to it.

I was using MIRC before, because, well, I don't know why, someone just told me to. I just clicked on the chat header though, and it looks like this can work. Too bad no one else was aboard. Maybe next time.

Steve

Aredubjay 11-16-2001 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by wasions

I was using MIRC before, because, well, I don't know why, someone just told me to. I just clicked on the chat header though, and it looks like this can work. Too bad no one else was aboard. Maybe next time.

Steve

Click again.

Aredubjay 11-16-2001 11:58 PM

Latest Version of MIRC

You can download the latest version of MIRC here:
http://www.mirc.org/download/mirc591t.exe

Chris 11-17-2001 03:26 AM

idea?!

We might look into a possibility of meeting the first thursday of every month at 6pm eastern. Everyone could mark it on a calander. Just a thought.

SVXphile 11-17-2001 05:21 PM

<Why, yes Don, I can see your point. I mean if you, Bill, Rufus & other pretenders to the throne of Grand Punditry that I, self proclaimed Wizard of Wit now occupy, need to hone your less than perfect mental jousting abilities by seeking presence in my sacred shadows, then by all means feel free to pursue perfection through mental proximity with the old master. Spoken with profound humility, and... Yes, Don, you MAY touch the hem of my boxer shorts. Ron.>

ROTFLMBO!!!!!! :p Oh my.....hehehe....oh my poor ribs....chuckle chuckle....fun-ny
fun-ny....:rolleyes: Don

Maybe next time you could work to make your boxer video a full-length feature rather than a short...I've always enjoyed the pungilistic arts.:D