The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   A plug for "Stoner's Invisible Glass" (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17561)

Chicane 03-29-2004 08:10 PM

A plug for "Stoner's Invisible Glass"

K, seeing as how spring is here, and we're all soon going to be washing our SVXs religously, I thought I'd re-mention a product called "Invisible Glass" by "stoner's" brand products. It comes in an aerosol can, and you spray it on your glass, then use newspaper to wipe it off. ITS AMAZING.

Last time I posted about this product, I recieved 3pms from people who tried it, loved it, and thanked me profusely for bringing it to their attention.

Try it out guys, it's freaking great!

- Rob

Shadow248 03-29-2004 08:44 PM

He said stoner...HUH UH HUH HUH UHUHUH HUHUHUH.

calmone 03-30-2004 08:53 AM

do you have to smoke something to make it work?

rmjjensen 03-30-2004 07:29 PM

I'll be picking some of that up .......I've noticed swirl marks in the glass sometimes if the sun hits it at certain angles .....it's very annoying and hopefully this stuff can help.

Thanks for the tip.

mbtoloczko 03-30-2004 07:45 PM

Re: A plug for "Stoner's Invisible Glass"

Quote:

Originally posted by Chicane

Try it out guys, it's freaking great!

- Rob

Is it just a cleaner?

upnygimp 03-30-2004 08:01 PM

Actualy, I've seen a lot of detailers recommend it.

Bwana 03-30-2004 09:19 PM

Stoners Invisible Glass is definately one of the better glass cleaners. It comes in an aerosol sprayer, which can be pretty hard to control, but overall, it's awesome.

Not sure if it's safe for tint (dont have a bottle handy to go look).

Another good one is Eagle One 20/20, and I KNOW that's safe for tint.

Newspaper works great, but can get your hands inky (is that even a word?).
I highly recommend picking up some microfiber towels, either online (for higher quality), or Walmart sells a 5-pack that are pretty decent for ~$5.99 (just watch out for the adhesive from the packaging sticking to the fibers).

NomadTW 03-31-2004 12:20 AM

costco is currently selling for like 7 bucks a 10 pack of big microfibre towels
check it out if you have a membership

stoner invisible glass is great i've been using it for years

they're tire shine is also superior the shine doesn't wash off like everyone else's

LarryIII 03-31-2004 04:00 AM

Stoner "Invisable Glass" is very very good. I use it alot. I do not use micro-fiber towels. I use (don't laugh) coffee maker filters. I buy the cheapest supermarket brand. I use them because they are lintless, strong, absorbent, and inexpensive. I throw them away when I'm done.

I use another product from Stoner on the exterior rubberized ttrim on the Outback. It is a cleaner-protector, similar but better than Armor-All.

I like the Stoner products.

Aredubjay 03-31-2004 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bwana
Newspaper works great, but can get your hands inky (is that even a word?).
Actually, you should use "newsprint" -- that's newspaper that hasn't been printed on. You can usually find it at a craft store.

Bwana 03-31-2004 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII

I use another product from Stoner on the exterior rubberized ttrim on the Outback. It is a cleaner-protector, similar but better than Armor-All.

I like the Stoner products.

Trim Shine

Yoda3000 04-01-2004 06:26 PM

It seems to me the SVX windows are the most difficult ones to clean. They just like being streaky and foggy i guess. Also I may still have origianal winsheild. Is that possible!? not sure.

Anyway i'll definetily have to try this stoner stuff.