The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   O/T... a few things I don't know about (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7536)

$VX 12-12-2002 01:35 PM

O/T... a few things I don't know about

Right now I'm working on making the Neon 2002 DVD.... I have like 75 gigs free, and a dv cam, so right now I'm transferring like 4 tapes of footage to my HD. Anyway... eh... what exactly happens at SVX meets? I mean, at neon meets, we get plant tours, last year we rented the entire drag strip (it was pretty funny seeing guys in supras, NSXs, vettes and stuff getting turned away because its NEONS ONLY hehehe), and everyone got to make like 3-5 passes... and.. then we went autocrossing... and bowling... and gokarting... and had a tech day where we basically all isntalled parts on each others cars... etc etc etc. But seeing as how the SVX isn't that great at autox, it isn't that great at the strip, what goes on during them?

Just sorta curious.

- Ca$h

Green1995SVX 12-12-2002 02:06 PM

An svx meet usually consists of lots of talking with other svx owners. We also usually have one or more meals together, and go on a scenic drive. :) You must remember svxers are not the same crowd as the neon owners. :)

Mike

Seraph 12-12-2002 02:15 PM

hehe... somewhere in there, we make fun of neon drivers. Had to throw it in. :D

mohrds 12-12-2002 02:27 PM

Don't forget driving two hours out of our way to get Lwin a new SVX... Lets not make this a meet tradition, OK?

Doug

Green1995SVX 12-12-2002 02:32 PM

HEHE and what about the rest of us freezing our butts off cleaning it up for him while he sits at the bar in the hotel?? :D

Mike

mohrds 12-12-2002 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
HEHE and what about the rest of us freezing our butts off cleaning it up for him while he sits at the bar in the hotel?? :D

Mike

I didn't know that. I was at the bar too :D

Doug

Seraph 12-12-2002 02:42 PM

You guys (oh and girls) are the best!!!

benebob 12-12-2002 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX

Mike

How can he help it if your ageally challenged. You should feel thankful he gave you something to do while everyone else drank. Your down to 2 month right?;)

Green1995SVX 12-12-2002 04:29 PM

1 month and like 24 days! :D

Mike

SHISVX 12-13-2002 11:50 AM

how about us underagers last year sneakin bottles in the hotel in big fluffy coats? and then hanging out in John's room, praying that Lwin doesn't leap across the room and beat the shiot out of him? we have to see at least one svx on a flat bed (the meet monster). fixing at least one antenna. some incrimnating photos that have never surfaced. having a contest of the cleanest engine, racing the svx while the others are on their tour. making fun of Mark and Brian while smokin in the hallway. being still drunk the next day when Lwin calls to have you come down and open your car so that Doug can fix your antenna. the evil yellowing of the pres car. fuzzy dice, parts trading, reminicing about other meets, lots of hugs, a hot tub, and a whole lot of surprises!

did i mention the amount of drinking that went on? oh wait, i wouldn't know;)

Kelli

sfsvx 12-13-2002 01:17 PM

Re: O/T... a few things I don't know about

Quote:

Originally posted by $VX
Anyway... eh... what exactly happens at SVX meets? - Ca$h
Sounds like boxes of wine, buckets of Chivas . . .:)

$VX 12-13-2002 04:02 PM

huh. Okay. I'm a amatuer bartender. :P

- Ca$h

Seraph 12-13-2002 06:12 PM

You bring bottles, I'll mix them so that they taste good and hit you hard.

L

mohrds 12-13-2002 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph
You bring bottles, I'll mix them so that they taste good and hit you hard.
Dude, You have to get up here and try my eggnog. By volume it contains over 70% alcohol but is smooth as a McDOnald's eggnog shake.

Doug

$VX 12-14-2002 01:42 PM

I'll make Dingos for anyone who hasn't had one. They rule. :D

- Ca$h