The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I have a weird issue....lets see what you guys think I should do (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50776)

Ryansmagic 06-27-2009 09:29 PM

I have a weird issue....lets see what you guys think I should do

Lets start off with a little background. I know a bit about cars, but not too much about anything subaru. I am more of a Toyota person, but *shrugs* anyways

I have aquired 3 SVX's, from my boss. No title, ONLY good for parts cars. I have 3 weeks to have them *gone* as in crushed.

So I figured I'd come online and find the SVX club and see whats worth saving on them. 2 are black, 1 is under the car cover, No rims on any of them. Engines are 100% complete, not sure whats wrong with any of them cept 1 was crashed(rear end).

So do you guys have a parts list that is worth anything, or should I just keep checking your wanted section and sending emails, or does someone else have a good idea. I hate just crushing the cars w/o the useful things pulled....

svxfiles 06-27-2009 09:52 PM

Re: I have a weird issue....lets see what you guys think I should do

A few questions.

Why are there no titles?

How many miles do they have on them?

Can you post the VINs?

Thanks,

Tom

Pictures would help.

kwren 06-27-2009 11:42 PM

Doesn't Danscarparts ship some of their junk out of WI?

Just a thought...

Keith:cool:

SilverSpear 06-28-2009 01:39 AM

Please post pictures of the cars so that the members over here have a feel about what you are talking about.

BRADY 06-28-2009 02:46 AM

Crushing 3 SVX.......:eek::barf:

I hope this tragedy can be avoided!!

The thought of 3 SVX being crushed makes me feel ill.

Ryansmagic 06-28-2009 04:53 AM

I'll get vin's, pics, etc on monday. They have no titles because they are deemed "salvage" and where paid off for smog already. Some thing about smog credits and such.
They will be crushed, but I'd like to have as few *good* parts be crushed as possible, sorry guys, nothing we can do about it.

I figured I'd just get your thoughts first....and what you guys would do *cries at the thought of cars being crushed*

oldss72 06-28-2009 05:02 AM

If you do sell things, let me know, as I need a few parts for mine...

Thanks,
Joe

lhopp77 06-28-2009 09:24 AM

Motors and tranmissions definitely worth saving. I think it would be reasonable to assume that the transmission is good on the car that was "crashed". Many parts are worth saving if not rusty and/or in good shape.

An example of a good interior part is NON DROOPING sunvisors of either color. (tan or gray)

Headlights that are not broken and not severely discolored.

I think your best bet for on here might be to provide several good pics of all cars--interior and exterior so all can see colors and general condition of items. Also, as to what is already missing, etc. From the pics people can generally tell what parts might be available--until some are sold of course.

Just some thoughts.

Lee

Uncamitzi 06-28-2009 10:33 AM

there were so few of the SVX built... hearing that three are going to be crushed is a bit of a shock to most of us...

Titles can be retrieved and Salvage titles can be issued.. (unless the cars are stolen I suppose)

What kind of shape are these rare gems in?

Ryansmagic 06-28-2009 12:58 PM

Can't get salvage titles for them. The gov already payed for these cars to be destroyed with the smog bill, the whole "Cash for clunkers' bill or whatever. I'm not 100% sure, but I've already checked this out 2 weeks ago when I got in a 1982 porche. Pics tomorrow night :D I'll take lots!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncamitzi (Post 607133)
there were so few of the SVX built... hearing that three are going to be crushed is a bit of a shock to most of us...

Titles can be retrieved and Salvage titles can be issued.. (unless the cars are stolen I suppose)

What kind of shape are these rare gems in?

1986nate 06-28-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryansmagic (Post 607153)
Can't get salvage titles for them. The gov already payed for these cars to be destroyed with the smog bill, the whole "Cash for clunkers' bill or whatever. I'm not 100% sure, but I've already checked this out 2 weeks ago when I got in a 1982 porche. Pics tomorrow night :D I'll take lots!

It says you are in WI, is that true? Anyway we can hold onto these to completely strip them out for everything if they in fact have no way of getting titles? I have a trailer and property I could keep these until everything useable is removed.

Dominus 06-28-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryansmagic (Post 607153)

They HAVE to be crushed when people might still want them? That is such a stupid law.

Dominus 06-28-2009 05:08 PM

I could use a spare tire. Small tire and wheel that came stock. Mine is kinda rusty.

Ryansmagic 06-28-2009 07:16 PM

Pretty much what I'm doing. On most cars, there is still parts that just don't go bad, and all they need is the actual "frame with Vin" returned or a Completion of destruction paper. I'm giving myself about 3 weeks, I think that's enough time, specially cuz I was told I have more cars waiting....

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1986nate (Post 607159)
It says you are in WI, is that true? Anyway we can hold onto these to completely strip them out for everything if they in fact have no way of getting titles? I have a trailer and property I could keep these until everything useable is removed.

*making part list right now on what to pull on monday and I'll take pics first*

OH yeah, for you guys to figure out if things are worth shipping also, My zip code is 54467(Plover wisconsin)

SVX_MY_BABY 06-29-2009 08:49 AM

Keep all the glass for sure.