The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   No Racing Zone (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22765)

UberRoo 11-18-2004 08:29 PM

No Racing Zone

What is this supposed to mean?

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...Roo/22509s.JPG

So as long as it's during the day you can race? ...or is it that you can race, just as long as you're not there?

These signs are in Southcenter, Tuckwila, Kent, and probably elsewhere in Washington state. What's next? No speeding signs? Accidents prohibited? Illegalness illegal?

Sheesh...

Fine! I'll just have to do my illegal street racing elsewhere. :)

Chiketkd 11-18-2004 08:37 PM

Re: No Racing Zone

Quote:

Originally posted by UberRoo
What's next? No speeding signs? Accidents prohibited? Illegalness illegal?
I bet that sign'll deter street racers... :rolleyes: :D :D

-Chike

Shadow248 11-18-2004 08:40 PM

That's funny.

You know what we really need though?

"No Stupid Driving: 7AM to 10PM"

Chiketkd 11-18-2004 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Shadow248
You know what we really need though?

"No Stupid Driving: 7AM to 10PM"

That'll be the day!!! :p

-Chike

MNYPNNY 11-18-2004 09:46 PM

Kinda like the "no skateboarding" signs at strip malls....

Alycone 11-18-2004 11:42 PM

I've seen those signs, wonder if they mean that there's a more expensive ticket if youre racing at a particular time/place?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Noir 11-19-2004 08:34 AM

Re: No Racing Zone

Quote:

Originally posted by UberRoo
What is this supposed to mean?

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...Roo/22509s.JPG

So as long as it's during the day you can race? ...or is it that you can race, just as long as you're not there?

These signs are in Southcenter, Tuckwila, Kent, and probably elsewhere in Washington state. What's next? No speeding signs? Accidents prohibited? Illegalness illegal?

Sheesh...

Fine! I'll just have to do my illegal street racing elsewhere. :)

I think they are trying to curb traffic and loitering bystanders after 10pm. I don't know what areas those signs are located it, but there are areas in the suburbs of Atlanta where punks like to congregate and race because of the high volume of stop lights within a 2 mile straight stretch. Those morons race stop light to stop light. Scores of their friends would come and watch until 3-4am if not later.

It's probably similiar to the 'No Cruising' zone in Atlanta. Can't cruise from 12am-5am in the streets of Atlanta. You cruise, you get ticketed and they can search your car.

We do have no speeding signs up all the time around construction areas or places where roadwork's being done.

Kinda like U-Turns signs, IMO.

UberRoo 11-19-2004 08:42 PM

It's becoming increasingly difficult to find the important signs amongst all the other junk. Sooner or later, driving down the highway will be like reading your state's legal code, page by page, sign by sign.

How does one distinguish between the important sings and the meaningless stuff? "Speed checked by radar." "Traffic laws enforced." Perhaps these signs are evidence that somebody has a sense of humour. ...or that they think drivers are complete morons. Actually, I guess the latter is more likely.

The "No racing zone" sign really makes me wonder. It rather implicitly suggests that other places are racing zones, and that racing is okay during the day. It's really not possible to make a reasonable interpretation that indicates otherwise. The only problem is that this [the correct] interpretation is clearly not legal, nor what was meant.

I'm curious to know if there is some regulation that requires an offense to take place in this "non-racing zone."

Landshark 11-19-2004 08:57 PM

there are signs on the parkway here - "Beware of Aggressive Drivers".

so its OK to drive aggressively, just watch out if you don't? :confused:

MNYPNNY 11-19-2004 09:54 PM

It's nice to live in a very small city... we have few billboards... one escalator... and none of those signs.

manofmayo 11-19-2004 11:31 PM

maybe the traffic is soooo bad in Tukwila during the day that the only time to race would be in the evening.

Of course, thats the way it is in most of this region....

yesmar 11-20-2004 01:07 AM

i like Illegalness illegal

SVXObsessed 11-21-2004 10:31 PM

I've been told that the fines are heftier during those times if you're caught street racing. They are all over Southcenter/Renton, WA

dcarrb 11-22-2004 06:00 AM

On the subject of curious road signs...

I like the LOW FLYING AIRCRAFT signs on the Airport Loop Road at Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International.

dcb

ensteele 11-22-2004 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by thndrmtn92svx
It's nice to live in a very small city... we have few billboards... one escalator... and none of those signs.
and one horse and a sign that says that you need to scoop up after it. :D :D