The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   No more Kerry thread. Sorry. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21558)

BoondockSVX 09-24-2004 09:02 PM

No more Kerry thread. Sorry.

Too much about the war. The point of my Kerry thread wasn't about the war. It's about politicians of both sides being completely corrupt puppets who will do anything to get elected. Vote third party. With enough support they will be on next election's ballet. Voting is NOT about being on the winning side. Just because your vote was for the 'winner' does not make your life any better. You need to vote for someone you BELIEVE in, not the lesser of the two evils.

- Jim

PS: What is the minimum number of fins required for a rocket to maintain stable flight?

THREE.

PPS: What is the strongest geometric shape used in bridges/buildings/structures all over the world?

TRIANGLE.

PPPS: George Washington and the rest of our country's forefathers were AGAINST the two party system.

Alycone 09-24-2004 10:08 PM

Sigh. :(

shelfy 09-24-2004 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Alycone

upnygimp 09-24-2004 11:08 PM

I'm gonna take a wild stab and say you're Rob. Either that, or Wisconsin breeds a lot of crazies.

NapaBavarian 09-25-2004 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by shelfy
Quote:

Originally posted by Alycone

Napa gives Alli 2 hugs and askes her to pass one on to shelf;)

Phast SVX 09-25-2004 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by upnygimp
Either that, or Wisconsin breeds a lot of crazies.

thats coming from someone who lives in new york.....wow.....

benebob 09-25-2004 07:39 AM

Funny, you just censored a perfectly civil discussion simply because you didn't like the contents. How American. Maybe now I'll vote for Kerry and Bush (as I'm currently registered twice since Lancaster County doesn't quite grasp how to handle their election board).:D :D

lee 09-25-2004 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by benebob
...snip... (as I'm currently registered twice since Lancaster County doesn't quite grasp how to handle their election board).:D :D
Hey, maybe somebody else besides Florida can look stupid for the media next time around...nah, I think we've got a lock on it.

They put in these touch screen voting computers. One county had nothing on the ballot except a referendum - which means vote yes or no, not maybe, vote for benebob or whatever. The computer tally showed 183 people voted neither yes or no...so what happened, they just showed up to see what it looked like? Perhaps they wanted a "maybe" choice?

n00b on demand 09-25-2004 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by benebob
Funny, you just censored a perfectly civil discussion simply because you didn't like the contents. How American. Maybe now I'll vote for Kerry and Bush (as I'm currently registered twice since Lancaster County doesn't quite grasp how to handle their election board).:D :D
what happened to the thread and who shut it down?

BoondockSVX 09-25-2004 09:21 AM

I didn't censor anything. You guys just sorta ticked me off. I started a thread to help show you that both candidates are corrupt to the bone, and are merely puppets for the big political machine... they say and do anything to get elected, and not much changes in this country anymore. We're stagnating. And then, you guys start having this huge 'war on iraq' discussion. If you want to discuss the Iraq war, please start a thread about it, I'm not stopping you.

- Jim

SHISVX 09-25-2004 09:31 AM

tempers fly high in the svxi world!

drive your svx, feel better!

vote for me

Kelli

BoondockSVX 09-25-2004 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by soobiesvx93

what happened to the thread and who shut it down?

I deleted it. I asked multiple times for war discussions to be taken elsewhere. My thread wasn't about if you are for or against the iraq war. It was about political figureheads being corrupt and fake.

- Jim

PS: Shisvx had the most intelligent post in the thread anyway.

benebob 09-25-2004 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BoondockSVX
Talk like that makes you sound like you work for one of the major campaigns. Did you happen to see the 3rd party debate on CSPAN a few weeks back. Both Cobb and Barrik (I know I'm butchering the poor guys name but he's the Lib. canident). They were more than civil to eachother, very polite and used their time not to bash eachothers heads in but to explain their own positions and how it differs from their challenger. It is utterly pathetic what the two major party canidents are doing and saying but maybe that is simply because the don't have or can't expain their own position.

Sidewinder 09-25-2004 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BoondockSVX

I deleted it. I asked multiple times for war discussions to be taken elsewhere. My thread wasn't about if you are for or against the iraq war. It was about political figureheads being corrupt and fake.

- Jim

That sucks. I was enjoying the debate. Nevertheless, that's what happens I guess. Personally, i think we should have let it play out.

Also, Wisconsin Rules!!!!! :p

Royal Tiger 09-25-2004 04:38 PM

Boondockhussain took his football and went home.....