The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Security System Electronics Module Location?? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14559)

mark10t 11-20-2003 03:38 PM

Security System Electronics Module Location??

One more thing.........

My remotes all quit working and no amount of 're-programming' seems to get them to 'talk' to my SVX, so...........

I assume the security system electronics module has 'died', but.........

The manual says that the security module is mounted to that large 'pipe' that runs horizontal within the passenger dash over the glove box, but.......

The manual is the factory '1992' manual that pre-dates airbags, but...........

The location where the module is supposed to be is where the passenger airbag is located, but.....

The 93/94 supplements don't mention anything about the module being 're-located' to, so.........

Does anyone have a clue as to where the module is now located????

Thanks!!

-Mark

mbtoloczko 11-20-2003 03:50 PM

Re: Security System Electronics Module Location??

For '94+, its located underneath the decklid inside the trunk. You'll see to slide locks in the gray trim in the roof the the trunk. Slide those back, a door opens, and you can see, remove, curse at the module.

Quote:

Originally posted by mark10t
One more thing.........

My remotes all quit working and no amount of 're-programming' seems to get them to 'talk' to my SVX, so...........

I assume the security system electronics module has 'died', but.........

The manual says that the security module is mounted to that large 'pipe' that runs horizontal within the passenger dash over the glove box, but.......

The manual is the factory '1992' manual that pre-dates airbags, but...........

The location where the module is supposed to be is where the passenger airbag is located, but.....

The 93/94 supplements don't mention anything about the module being 're-located' to, so.........

Does anyone have a clue as to where the module is now located????

Thanks!!

-Mark

mark10t 11-20-2003 05:13 PM

Bingo!

Thanks for the info. Right where you described.

I did just what you said; I slid the latches, exposing the module, cursed the module.........

-Mark

(Now I get to put all the glove box hardware back on.... Goody... )

mbtoloczko 11-20-2003 05:32 PM

BTW, if you want to wire in an aftermarket module, you can use the wiring diagram on the stock module as a guide.

BordeauxComet 11-20-2003 07:43 PM

So that's what goes there

My 94 doesn't have a security system and I've been wondering why there was an empty space under my trunk lid. Well, that answered my question. Thanks,
-Nathan

mark10t 11-22-2003 11:28 AM

I'm starting to toy with the idea of wiring in an aftermarket unit- maybe one of the Bulldog units w/ remote start capability.....

It would still be easier to just plug-in a fresh OEM module, though. Anyone out there parting out a car or have a 'spare'?

Let me know.

-Mark