The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Caution on Information (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15277)

ensteele 12-27-2003 11:08 PM

Caution on Information

Several members have PMed me and suggested that I post this caution to members.

There have been some SVXes stolen over the last 6 to 8 months and we should make sure we do not give out too much information on where the cars are on a regular basis. This also goes for other things that may be wanted, or an item someone may want to steal. We don't really know who is lurking on the site as a guest, and may be looking for the right information to come along. Be careful. I am not trying to make members paranoid, but just want to caution you and make you think about it. :)

GreenMarine 12-29-2003 08:07 AM

That's a good Idea Earl, glad that ya posted this... It really sucked about a month ago when it seemed like SVX's were the cars that all the thieves wanted... Hmmm :rolleyes: :confused: Strange that all those cars (mine included) could be "molested" within a week.... Keep your eyes ofen guys, And get a good loud alarm!!!! That's what I'm saving for now!!! Just like what Harry says, "If you wanna take my CD's and my Head unit then I'm gonna take your hearing".... Hehehehe

rmjjensen 12-29-2003 04:22 PM

Oh no not my baby .....looks like i better install an immobilizer. Our cars are EXTEREMELY easy to steal .....whether it's a slide hammer to the ignition, or hotwiring. :( .....EVEN THE NEW IMPREZAS DON'T HAVE IMMOBILIZERS!!!!!!! Subaru's nuts.

What areas have the cars been jacked?

JLittell 12-29-2003 09:01 PM

Good Call Earl!!

Here are some things to consider:

License plate numbers in your pictures
Houses with numbered address showing (house numbers) in pics
Personal profile information in this site
Other personal information you may have shared in the formus
Phone/ cell numbers (the google.com telephone # lookup can be scarry!)

Ralph Gibbs 12-29-2003 09:32 PM

Immobilizer

Thanks Earl for the valuable information. almost 2 years ago I purchased the Subaru keyless entry w/ ignition disabl e $367. canadian installed and also remote start $500. w/ an exta actuater to open both doors.
even if somone got in the car it is still secure. The thief could of course do other damage but can not start the car.
Bye now, .......Ralph

upnygimp 12-30-2003 07:30 PM

I'm glad somebody thought of this........

*cough cough*

:p

Subafreak 12-30-2003 09:26 PM

Hell I can;t even start my car right now! Stupid starter problem:mad:

Even still did I mention the big dogs and poison darts?

Pressure sensative pads next to car that trigger CO2 powered darts? Huh, did I mention that? F*#@ers! Touch my car and die!

JLittell 12-30-2003 09:29 PM

Just put a "Neon" badge on the hood of your SVX... They will never take it!;)

ensteele 12-30-2003 09:33 PM

No, but someone may throw eggs at it! :D

Tim-H 12-30-2003 10:00 PM

My car didn't get stolen but someone stole the X off of one of my SVX emblem stickers. Bastards.

Tim-H 12-30-2003 10:31 PM

:confused: I don't know what your talking about....... ;)

JLittell 12-30-2003 10:37 PM

What are YOU talking about?;) ;)

Clydesvx 12-31-2003 04:51 AM

I used to think NOBODY STOLE SUBARU'S, you know underpowered, ugly(except the SVX of course), small... Until I met a guy who had his Legacy Wagon stolen. It was recovered when someone noticed a car carrier being loaded at a local motel and called the police who immediately investigated(a big yea for the boys in blue)!! It was being loaded with stolen AWD Subarus and was headed NORTH to Minnesota!!!

While a forum like this might make us a target it is also a good place to see what is happening to owners of our precious vehicles. It might be good to start a 'STOLEN/THEFTS' forum to alert ourselves when these things begin.

A while back I was made aware of individuals that were targeting Dodge/Plymouth mini vans. Folks were having their entire front end sheet metal and grills and lights stolen right off of their vehicles in their driveways!

If we are alerted to happenings in our/other areas we can try to make ourselves less of a target.

Alycone 01-02-2004 10:22 PM

Quote:

Even still did I mention the big dogs and poison darts?
I know a vet who has a pet bobcat, she's converted the back of her legacy into a home for it when she's at work, I always thought it'd be funny if someone tried to steal her car.

Bizarre 01-08-2004 03:19 PM

I would also suggest listing the stolen car's details in a
"Stolen SVX" section so that vengeful and alert SVX owners can help in recovery. Who better to spot a stolen SVX than we the owners.

Things like year, color, mods, partial VIN, scratch on the bumper, etc. Since it is stolen already the details can't hurt anyone except the thieves.

:cool: