The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hello, Amadeus Wagon. Bye Bye, SVX. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11215)

vkykam 06-07-2003 09:21 PM

Hello, Amadeus Wagon. Bye Bye, SVX.

Well, the deed is done.

The SVX is being sold, deal likely to close by tomorrow, with the car gone next week...

The Replacement. The photo was stolen shamelessly off eBay, but my car is with the 10 spoke alloys.

2000 Saab 9-5 Wagon, 5 Speed, with 130k miles on the odo. 170HP, 207Ft./Lbs Torque. Easily chippable to 234HP and 274Ft./Lbs Torque for $825.

I got 37MPG when driving at 55-66MPH, on regular fumes, from Maine to Buffalo. 500 Miles on 1 tank, and the light just came on as I pulled into airport parking lot in Buffalo.

My new wife (just got married May 17, some of you may have met her at the 10th or Reading IV) and I had a long discussion, and we together we came to the conclusion that we really need a more practical car, and just don't have the parking spot for a 2nd car. If/When we get that parking spot, in a few years time, I may start looking for a 96 or a 97 SVX. The Saab is about as close to a quirky and practical car as I could get, so we decided on the 9-5 Wagon, and definitely a 5-Speed.

I'll miss the SVX dearly. :( But I won't miss you guys, because I promise I'll stick around here. You can't get rid of me so easily... :D

As a sidenote, if I can find time to show up at another meet to hang my head in shame, I'm considering putting up my service manuals as a donor prize... You guys just have to get a meet organized close enough to me. :)

VK

ensteele 06-07-2003 11:20 PM

Good for you, but I say that in a sad way. Is the new owner going to look into this site? Good luck in the future. :)

svxistentialist 06-08-2003 06:26 AM

Good for you Victor.

First, congratulations to you and your new wife, I hope you will be very happy together.

In a one-car situation, the practical side must win.

Keep looking in and checking with us guys, you will be back to an SVX as soon as you need two cars.

Best of luck

Joe

PS: Saab wagon looks great!:D

SHISVX 06-08-2003 06:36 AM

just beat the svxer until he goes on this network for at least six hours a day...

only kidding

congrats on your FAMILY...and your new car, i am actually looking at one today after work

Kelli

vkykam 06-08-2003 11:08 AM

No "Family" yet... Just me and wife... But thinking ahead, you know? :D

The potential buyer, he's into cars, and I'll definitely pass off the site. As an aside, he's got a GORGEOUS Show-Car condition late model Toyota Supra... Drool...

VK

wasions 06-08-2003 01:42 PM

Congratulations Victor and Annie!

I knew when I met cha you'd take the plunge.
(No, I don't mean about the SAAB. ;) )

All the best!
God bless,

vkykam 06-08-2003 08:44 PM

(In an Elvis imitation voice) Thank you, Thank you very much.

For the record, I was ready to take the plunge quite a while back... Someone (who shall remain Annie) wasn't ready... :D

I mean, after 8 years of dating, you'd think anyone would be ready... :rolleyes: But regardless, I'm giddy that it's finally happened. :D :D :D

VK

Quote:

Originally posted by wasions
Congratulations Victor and Annie!

I knew when I met cha you'd take the plunge.
(No, I don't mean about the SAAB. ;) )

All the best!
God bless,

vkykam 06-08-2003 08:46 PM

Eh Kelly,

I forgot to ask, just what are you looking at, another SVX or the Saab?

VK
Quote:

Originally posted by SHISVX
and your new car, i am actually looking at one today after work
Kelli

LarryIII 06-09-2003 04:25 AM

Victor & Annie,

CONGRATULATIONS.

Both on the nuptuals and the SAAB.

May you both enjoy many happy years of motoring. :D

PS: It's built by trolls in Trollhatten.

Porter 06-09-2003 06:56 AM

Keep that Saab for a year and a half and then upgrade to one of these:

http://www.subaru.co.jp/legacy/touri.../photo_401.jpg

That's my plan! :D :D

Mr. Pockets 06-09-2003 08:04 AM

What a Saab story.

Really, congrats to you and the wife, and I hope you're happy with your Saab. If I organize a meet, will you guys come down to MI? :)

Chicane 06-09-2003 03:47 PM

I only own one car and it's quite impractical. It's so cool though! :D

- Rob

PS: G'luck on the Saab. I always thought they were ugly, but definitaly cool in a 'unique' way.

vkykam 06-09-2003 05:38 PM

Oh yeah, you bet! You do a meet near Detroit, we'll be there.

As for being happy with the Saab, well, it's the next best thing, you know? I didn't pay much for it, so I really can't complain either... :)

VK
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
What a Saab story.

Really, congrats to you and the wife, and I hope you're happy with your Saab. If I organize a meet, will you guys come down to MI? :)

wawazat?? 06-09-2003 07:39 PM

Congratulations to you both

Sorry to hear about the car, but glad to hear about your marriage!:D

Todd

Aredubjay 06-10-2003 01:54 PM

Victor,
Congratulations to you and Annie. You guys deserve each other, and, I only say that in a good sense. You're the perfect couple.

It's hard to believe you sold the SVX (he says, as he fights back tears), but, a man's got a do . . . . what a woman tells him to.

Take care and give Annie a good hug for Shari and me.