The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Prices (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10861)

scottswaaley 05-19-2003 01:01 AM

Prices

Being a college student, my SVX might be getting a tad too expensive for me to keep. What could I sell a machine like mine for. Look in my locker for pics. It's a 92, great shape, runs perfect. Anyone be interested if I was to sell from Central Coase California? 126k on car. New tranny at 113k. New tires (potenzas) around 9k ago.

It is all original teal paint. Except the hood is repainted. It is a beauty except I am afraid that 40k from now, I won't be able to afford it. I want it to have the best of care, and in the future, I am buying a house and won't be able to also afford an SVX. What do you think it is worth?

It has dark leather, Sunroof...etc. Also...17" Konig Appeals...less than a year old rims.

P.S. The Car is soundproofed as well. I am a stereo nut and the tires were loud so I did some work on it.

ensteele 05-19-2003 01:08 AM

How many miles on it? Original tranny? How many miles on the tires? :confused:

ensteele 05-19-2003 01:17 AM

What color is that? It looks like dark blue - is that teal or has it been repainted? Looks like a nice car. Sorry to hear you are thinking of selling it.

Thanks for posting the mile information on your original post. That will help to figure a price.

Andy 05-19-2003 01:18 AM

Sell a kidney!!!!

That is too nice to sell

scottswaaley 05-19-2003 01:20 AM

Ah

It is all original teal paint. Except the hood is repainted. It is a beauty except I am afraid that 40k from now, I won't be able to afford it. I want it to have the best of care, and in the future, I am buying a house and won't be able to also afford an SVX. What do you think it is worth?

P.S. The Car is soundproofed as well. I am a stereo nut and the tires were loud so I did some work on it.

ensteele 05-19-2003 01:32 AM

What is the trim package? Is it a LS-L? Need to know if its got leather, sun roof etc.

ensteele 05-19-2003 01:37 AM

I did some calculations using the LS-L touring package to figure it. If it does and the car is in good shape, it would be worth somewhere between $4,000 and $5,500. That is without seeing the car and not knowing anything else about the car than what you have listed. I am sure others will give you their opinion as well. Good luck.

PS You would get more for a kidney! :(

scottswaaley 05-19-2003 01:39 AM

Update

Check the update to my original post.

scottswaaley 05-19-2003 01:41 AM

Ick

If the estimate of enseele holds true...getting less than 6k for the car...maybe I'll keep it...hmm....

ensteele 05-19-2003 12:47 PM

I could be wrong, but I don't think that you will get that for it. Let's see what some others have to say.

alacrity024 05-19-2003 01:27 PM

with the rims, new tranny, new tires, etc. and provided all the "little things" are in good shape (aka window switches, wiper motors, abs sensors, brake rotors/pads, etc.) I'd say that 6k is about the most you'll get.

i just graduated college. i bought my svx at the beginning of junior year with 113k miles on it and now, just about 1.5 years later, it's got 150k.. there are a lot of little things wring with it, and i could never get more than $2,500 for it. I'm planning to sink a good chunk of my graduation money into it and hopefully have it last me another four years.. i'd like to get it to 200k before shelling out the cash for another car.

-adam

Green1995SVX 05-19-2003 01:45 PM

I don't see what college has to do with anything. Sure, you'll have your expenses associated with your education, but you need to have something fun on the side. If the SVX breaks, save up and fix it. I got my svx my senior year in High School, and am coming up on my Junior year in college. The car has never (err rarely) put me in a financial bind. There are two other students at my college with SVX's, both of which I talk to on a regular basis. One is even a member of this board. They both are thrilled to have one of the finest vehicles ever produced, and you should be too. Don't be so gloom. Enjoy the car and do preventative maintnence.

mike

jsvxstyle 05-19-2003 02:10 PM

svx price

i say if everybody who owns a nice svx, and know that this is the car for life. everybody should start a price range at $11,000 for a perfect one. i know when i sell mine its $11,000 including extra motor
set the price pass the word on, till everybody get the point

Mr. Pockets 05-19-2003 03:33 PM

Re: svx price

Quote:

Originally posted by jsvxstyle
i say if everybody who owns a nice svx, and know that this is the car for life. everybody should start a price range at $11,000 for a perfect one. i know when i sell mine its $11,000 including extra motor
set the price pass the word on, till everybody get the point

There are a few problems with your suggestion. By trying to fix the price, we wouldn't actually be changing the car's value, perceived or otherwise. Since there are a finite number of SVXen (my preferred pluralization :D) in the world, then either their actual numbers have to go way down or the demand has to go way up. I suspect that neither will happen, ever - at least not to the point of actually affecting the selling price of the SVX. This car wasn't desirable when it was new (chill - I mean to the general public), so I see no reason to suspect that it ever will be. It won't fetch a lot for nostalgic reasons.

We also represent a small percentage of actual SVX owners. If somebody interested in an SVX comes to our site and sees ridiculous prices being asked, they're gonna buy one elsewhere (if at all). Our price-fixing would simply guarantee that we don't sell our cars.

I agree that SVXen sell for way less than they're worth. I paid less than $7k for mine three and a half years ago, and I got way more than I paid for. Unfortunately, we're the only people who see it that way.

svxeno 05-19-2003 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Andy
Sell a kidney!!!!

That is too nice to sell

And it would hurt less.

Randy ii