The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   ECU Tune vs 5 speed (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43895)

Mr.EG33 03-22-2008 12:14 AM

ECU Tune vs 5 speed

Im bought a 5 speed manual out of a legacy 97 but have yet to install it (my auto that was rebuilt is still good but will be changing shortly in a few weeks!) A 5 speed will get you how much gain over AUTO? :rolleyes: A ECU tune will get you??? :rolleyes: With both combined what are the numbers??? :cool: ?? I think that the 4.44 gears would be great but what will it do # wise??? What will it do with the ECU tune with the 5 speed together??? I want her nice and fast! We all do though... Let me know what you think.. :)

Thank you all
-Sean :D

GreenMarine 03-22-2008 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.EG33 (Post 536474)
Im bought a 5 speed manual out of a legacy 97 but have yet to install it (my auto that was rebuilt is still good but will be changing shortly in a few weeks!) A 5 speed will get you how much gain over AUTO? :rolleyes: A ECU tune will get you??? :rolleyes: With both combined what are the numbers??? :cool: ?? I think that the 4.44 gears would be great but what will it do # wise??? What will it do with the ECU tune with the 5 speed together??? I want her nice and fast! We all do though... Let me know what you think.. :)

Thank you all
-Sean :D

Jesus dude... Have you read ANY of the threads that people have posted... Threads that I've posted?!?! They are all over... But to summ it up for you...

- 5MT won't "net" you anything, it'll only make the car more fun to drive
- ECUTune Stage 1 (Who knows - apparently I am the only one who has dynoed the "before" and "after" for the stage 1... When I get my charts up you'll know...

When you figure out each one, att them together...

Also 97 Legacy 5 MT's were not 4.44.. They were 4.11

So basically what I think is that you should do your mods like the rest of us have done. Or take your SVX to the Dyno like I did last weekend. Get a baseline run then start doing your mods... Dyno it each time you have a question... Then you'll have your answers... Or you could just search, but honestly asking that many questions and wanting "#'s" and stuff is just annoying... Go get them yourself...

~ Chris

GreenMarine 03-22-2008 01:34 AM

Double Post... That's just how bored and irritated I am with the origional post...

Search button man...

~ Chris

Trevor 03-22-2008 02:42 AM

I could react in a like manner in respect of many of the requests for assistance which are posted, but I am inclined to stay cool until the complete picture unfolds. This place is changing.:(

GreenMarine 03-22-2008 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 536485)
I could react in a like manner in respect of many of the requests for assistance which are posted, but I am inclined to stay cool until the complete picture unfolds. This place is changing.:(

It's just so irritating that we are talking about the EXACT same damn thing in the ECUTune thread that is right above this one... I mean why the hell didn't he search before asking for "#'s" and stuff??? That's the irritating part...

Seriously Origional Poster... Read the forums for a bit, because I'm not going to post anything else on this topic... The information is out there and who knows, you might learn a few things about your SVX when you spend a few hours reading...

~ Chris

Speedklix 03-22-2008 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.EG33 (Post 536474)
What will it do with the ECU tune with the 5 speed together???

...this: :D

Nice avatar pic BTW... knew it would only take a week or so for someone to snag it :lol:
A related thread that has been ongoing for a couple weeks... I just haven't sifted through it, but looks like it would be a good place for you to start!