The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Manual mode (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=894)

Seraph 07-16-2001 02:05 PM

Manual mode

Hi all.
As you all may or may not know, I am from Chicago. I have this great road called Lake Shore Drive (that runs right beside the lake Michigan) AKA US 41. Yesterday night I pull up beside a Z3. He reved up, and I put the car in neutral and reved up as well. Then I recalled the manual mode and put the car in 1st. Light turns green, I have no idea what happened to the Z3 but damn, all I can say it the SVX is one of the quicker cars I have been in. I was at 80 on 2nd and hit 3rd at over 110. At 110, I thought I should slow down a bit since the speed limit was 40. That was a rush. All I know was the headlights were way at the back. I am beginning to like this car even more. Thanks Leo and Mike for the howtos on using the manual mode.
Lwin:)

Habesha 07-16-2001 02:17 PM

Re: Manual mode

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraphim
Hi all.
As you all may or may not know, I am from Chicago. I have this great road called Lake Shore Drive (that runs right beside the lake Michigan) AKA US 41. Yesterday night I pull up beside a Z3. He reved up, and I put the car in neutral and reved up as well. Then I recalled the manual mode and put the car in 1st. Light turns green, I have no idea what happened to the Z3 but damn, all I can say it the SVX is one of the quicker cars I have been in. I was at 80 on 2nd and hit 3rd at over 110. At 110, I thought I should slow down a bit since the speed limit was 40. That was a rush. All I know was the headlights were way at the back. I am beginning to like this car even more. Thanks Leo and Mike for the howtos on using the manual mode.

All you need to do now is hit up those solenoid tricks in the SVX FAQ (esp the wheel lock one heh) :cool:

Seraph 07-16-2001 02:20 PM

Which one are the solenoid tricks? My solenoid A error has been there for ages -- my resistor for the solenoid module A has been dead since before the tranny replacement. Should I fix it?
Lwin

Habesha 07-16-2001 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraphim
Which one are the solenoid tricks? My solenoid A error has been there for ages -- my resistor for the solenoid module A has been dead since before the tranny replacement. Should I fix it?
Lwin

*Supposedly* (according to the FAQ) you could wire a trip into the solenoids that control the power mode, the shifts, and the torque split (on the AWD models) - I am saying supposedly and acording to the FAQ so that I don't make the same mistake I made with the all wheel st--- oops ;)

Aredubjay 07-16-2001 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Habesha

*Supposedly* (according to the FAQ) you could wire a trip into the solenoids that control the power mode, the shifts, and the torque split (on the AWD models) - I am saying supposedly and acording to the FAQ so that I don't make the same mistake I made with the all wheel st--- oops ;)

Mistake? What mistake? :D (Gosh, this is a fun bunch!)

eddycat2000 07-16-2001 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Mistake? What mistake? :D (Gosh, this is a fun bunch!)

*You* know what mistake boy! Don't even make me come down south and slap you with my brand spanking new free copy of "misinformation and sales hype", oops, excuse me, that should read "road and track".:D :D

1994SubaruSVX 07-16-2001 05:00 PM

not again.....

please not again....let it die.....:D

once i get my svx back lwin i will see what this manual shifting is all about. i have never raced anyone by manually shifiting the tranny.

svxistentialist 07-16-2001 05:13 PM

Revverence

If you guys are revving out in 1st, 2nd till the TCU protection cut-out shifts up for safety, it is my guess you are putting stresses on some of the autobox components they normally never have to cope with. You can expect blown seals and stuff.

This is just my guess, I can't speak with any authority, as I only have one gear. But be careful.

Joe:)

Seraph 07-16-2001 06:03 PM

<<If you guys are revving out in 1st, 2nd till the TCU protection cut-out shifts up for safety, it is my guess you are putting stresses on some of the autobox components they normally never have to cope with. You can expect blown seals and stuff. >>

Thanks Joe for the warning. The only thing I thought of when I was revving up was the moron from the warranty company who told me that the I abused the tranny by revving up while it was in the Neutral and Park.

I shift at 6000RPM. I know it is not great to do that to the car but damn, you WILL be surprised what the SVX can do if you push it the right way.

Leo you have to try it out once though. And if I see you again, I'll race you on the 1/4 mile track. (chances are I will loose but still, I want to race another SVX.)

eddycat2000 07-16-2001 06:17 PM

Re: Revverence

Quote:

Originally posted by svxistentialist
If you guys are revving out in 1st, 2nd till the TCU protection cut-out shifts up for safety, it is my guess you are putting stresses on some of the autobox components they normally never have to cope with. You can expect blown seals and stuff.

This is just my guess, I can't speak with any authority, as I only have one gear. But be careful.

Hey Joe! What's a county in Ireland that starts with CL and is 5 letters long? (Dang Sunday crossword puzzles!:D )

Jamsvx 07-16-2001 09:32 PM

Clare

:D

Jamsvx

*ambling about searching for an SVX to the tunes of Danny Boy!*

vkykam 07-16-2001 11:01 PM

Re: Revverence

Quote:

Originally posted by svxistentialist

Uh, excuse me, but what "stuff" would that be after "blowing a seal"?

I didn't know there were seals in Lake Michigan... :D :D :D

VK
Mind stuck in gutter

svxistentialist 07-17-2001 01:09 AM

Re: Re: Revverence

Quote:

Originally posted by eddycat2000

Hey Joe! What's a county in Ireland that starts with CL and is 5 letters long? (Dang Sunday crossword puzzles!:D )

I do dee Clare

You Eye dee hoo folks never cease to amaze me!

Hey James, a mate of mine home from Tokyo spotted an SVX in Donnybrook, Teal coloured, thought it was mine, except it had SVX in the number. Must have been a rare summer visitor.

Joe

KEVINL 07-17-2001 10:07 AM

I put my car in manual mode last night left it in first shifted out of first at 6500 and out of second at 7000

KEVINL 07-17-2001 10:18 AM

Also where do I find how to tap power mode so I can controll it with a switch.
I read it somewhere before and now that I need it I can't find it