The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lights in push buttons (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61114)

jetboy 12-23-2012 06:36 AM

Lights in push buttons

How is this supposed to work?

My climate control panel buttons light spent fuel pond green when inactive and amber when I push them.

All other buttons do not have any green light, just amber when activated. Where these supposed to be green, too? Stuff like park lights, side mirror heaters, cruise control, fog lights, front light fluid etc.

Makes it difficult to control these in the dark :)

huck369 12-23-2012 07:15 AM

Re: Lights in push buttons

They all light up, the bulbs are probably bad, pretty sure there is a "How To" in the "How To Locker"

svxcess 12-23-2012 08:25 AM

Did you check the fuse under the dash?

The 10A fuse "Illumination Brightness Control" is the #9 fuse (Middle row, second fuse from the left) in the fuse panel under the dash above the driver's kick panel.

svxcess 12-23-2012 08:39 AM

Go HERE for a list of what should be illuminated.

Sean486 12-23-2012 09:15 AM

Do some searching there is a how-to document or a thread that lists the Radio Shack part numbers for the replacement bulbs. I replaced all the lights in my switches a while back and remember it being under $10 and fairly easy.

SUPER 12-23-2012 10:06 AM

I have same issue. checked fuse and it was fine. Other suggestions?

ensteele 12-23-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUPER (Post 717754)
I have same issue. checked fuse and it was fine. Other suggestions?

Replace the lights. :)

EdWindows 12-23-2012 12:16 PM

Somewhat of a hijack, but are the gear numbers at the base of the automatic shifter supposed to be lit too? I've been relying on the dash gear numbers at night.

icingdeath88 12-23-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdWindows (Post 717760)
Somewhat of a hijack, but are the gear numbers at the base of the automatic shifter supposed to be lit too? I've been relying on the dash gear numbers at night.

Yes they are. There is a bulb underneath.

Sean486 12-23-2012 09:08 PM

Okay I found it, these are the bulbs for the switches on the dash to the right and left of the steering wheel.

#7219 Micro Lamps
( 272-1092C )
12 Volts 60mA Wire Terminal Base

They come 2 in packs.

See post #3 for a picture of where the bulb goes. http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...o+shack&page=2

Sean486 12-23-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdWindows (Post 717760)

Here is the thread that I started a while back when I did mine.
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46628

SUPER 12-23-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean486 (Post 717774)
Okay I found it, these are the bulbs for the switches on the dash to the right and left of the steering wheel.

#7219 Micro Lamps
( 272-1092C )
12 Volts 60mA Wire Terminal Base

They come 2 in packs.

See post #3 for a picture of where the bulb goes. http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...o+shack&page=2

This was very helpful.

SUPER 12-29-2012 05:22 PM

Went to Radio Shack and got the bulbs. $1 each in packs of 2. I replaced the 8 bulbs without a hitch. Thanks for the info in this thread.

I notice I have 2 more lights out in the switches for the parking lights and mirror defroster. The switch pops out of the dash easy enough. but I don't see the light bulb sockets. Looks like the switch might come apart. Wondering if anyone else has dealt with this before. Are the bulbs accessible inside the switch? I don't want to pull the switch apart if that isn't what I am supposed to do. Thanks in advance.

jetboy 12-30-2012 01:21 PM

I couldn't check the fuse due to no fuse puller or other suitable device for removal. I tried a pair of pliers but they weren't strong enough. I don't think I can fit my fingers between those fuses.

What doesn't work:
Green illumination on everything not AC
Room light (overhead light inside the coupe)
SPOT DOOR ROOM SPOT text is not illuminated

Are these bulbs all on the same circuit/fuse?

I seem to think that the vanity mirror lamps work.

The small lights on the lower end sides of the doors work, but the "DOOR" button does not do anything. SPOT buttons work. ROOM doesn't work but the overhead light doesn't come on when I open doors. I checked the bulb now, the string looked OK, to be honest. I can replace it, I hope tomorrow (I'll obtain a fuse puller, too).

svxcess 12-30-2012 02:10 PM

When you press the ROOM switch, it turns on the ceiling light, whether the doors are open or closed. You can turn it on and off with switch. I believe you can keep this light off permanently if the last button you pressed was the ROOM switch (The light would NOT come on when you open the door)

When you press the DOOR switch, the ceiling light will come on when the door is opened and go off when the door is closed.

Try pressing the DOOR button again. This should make the light come on if the bulb is good.

The lights in the bottom of the doors cannot be controlled. They come on and off when the door is opened and closed.

Fuse #9 (10A) controls the interior lighting, plus the lights in the dashboard, the mirror switch, parking light/heated mirror switch, the radio/CD, cigarette lighter, climate control, glove box illumination (when lights are on), and the AT selector on console.

The text in the overhead console is supposed to light up. There are two bulbs (for the four buttons). Here is how to replace them:

The wording on the 4 buttons on the sunroof control are illuminated. The sunroof buttons arrows do not light

For the room light switch, carefully remove the two lenses over the spotlights with a small flat-blade screwdriver. They are slotted for this purpose.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/atta...1&d=1317786008

Once the lenses are out, you can see the 2 Phillips head mounting screws. Remove the two screws (one each side) that you now have access to.

Pull down the assembly and disconnect the wiring harness. On top there are two sockets with a screwdriver slot, similar to the lights on the dash. These are the bulb holders. Each bulb illuminates 2 buttons.

Unscrew the bulbs with a quarter turn. The replacement bulbs are 83426PA000.

Reassemble and reinstall.

Since they last a long time, I prefer the ease of using OEM bulbs, as opposed to using Radio Shack Micro Lamps

Fuse #9 is the second fuse from the left, middle row, in the fuse box under the dash, above the driver's side kick panel.