The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Drivers side rear window not working (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53715)

Lookin4SVX 04-06-2010 12:06 PM

Drivers side rear window not working

My driverside rear window doesnt work today.
Just stopped working.
Hitting switch on drivers door does nothing, same with from rear seat.
I get no noise at all, like its not plugged in.
Where is the relay switch thing for the driverside rear window?
Anyone got a part number?

Any other suggestions for what may cause this?

Freeman 04-06-2010 04:21 PM

Re: Drivers side rear window not working

Hey! Mines done the same thing since I first got it. Doesn't react to any of the switches and you can't even hear any motor or movement right?

We're broken rear drivers side window buddies!

Lookin4SVX 04-06-2010 04:32 PM

correct, no sound at all. not even trying to move. worked fine yesterday. I am assuming its not fuse related seeing the rest of the windows work fine.

I just need to know where to start looking to fix the problem. i dont care if i have to replace the entire rear power window actuator, I just want it fixed.

Well if someone suggests a fix ill go for it and try it and let you know, then we can be happy working rear window buddies.

b3lha 04-06-2010 04:50 PM

Sometimes they get stuck if they haven't been used for a while. Try and move it with your hand or a suction cup while pressing the button.

SoCal LS-L 04-06-2010 06:12 PM

Easy way to go:

Check for 12 volts at the connector on the motor when either window switch is pressed. 12 volt signal present means the motor is stuck or dead, no 12 volts means you need to check your connections between the main switch and the motor.

Lookin4SVX 04-06-2010 07:32 PM

window was fine yesterday, i have been rolling them up and down without issue for the last 3 weeks. So i don't think its stuck.

Ok I would love to test the line into the rear window motor.
Where is it and how do I get to it?

Lookin4SVX 04-07-2010 04:37 PM

Do i need to remove the back seat bottom to remove the rear seat plastic trim stuff that is below the window?

sabin 04-07-2010 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lookin4SVX (Post 641705)
Do i need to remove the back seat bottom to remove the rear seat plastic trim stuff that is below the window?

yes you need to remove the back seat to get to it

Lookin4SVX 04-07-2010 06:05 PM

ok, looks like this project is getting put off until sunday when we do the stereo and alarm install.
I'll have to take the back seat out and them cover panels off to do the rear speakers anyways.
Sunday is going to suck, got to figure out whats wrong with power locks, wire up alarm with keyless entry, install new speakers all around, figure out whats going on with rear driverside window, and then put it all back together.