The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Couple of things (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43691)

TomsSVX 03-10-2008 08:57 AM

Couple of things

Ok have a couple things I just want to put out there that have been going on.

1. I have quit smoking. Gone from 2 packs a day to NADA over the weekend. It has been a long time comming but I am glad to say I am kicking the habit.

2. The very first 4.44 XT6 has been born. Finished it last night. Thing runs pretty good and the proud Father is MYxalplyx from our very board.

3. The first of the NEW 5mt's will be installed shortly as the next project I have to do involves such, so lets see how nice these trannies really are.

4. Met a new girly, who has designated some of my focus, but a little distraction is needed:D

Tom

Cynic 03-10-2008 09:25 AM

I quit smoking a week ago. Using the patch. The first few days weren't too bad, Saturday was horrible...I didn't want to be around me, let alone anyone else. :o Congratualtions, and keep it up. Now if I could just get rid of this coughing at night...(only started after I quit)...my husband and I could get some sleep!

Tim 03-10-2008 09:32 AM

Saving roughly 300 a month is always a plus :).

Hope the new 5mt project goes well. I'm getting money back from my radiator this week, so I should be able to start ordering the mounts and clutch.

SVXRide 03-10-2008 09:50 AM

Ok have a couple things I just want to put out there that have been going on.

1. I have quit smoking. Gone from 2 packs a day to NADA over the weekend. It has been a long time comming but I am glad to say I am kicking the habit.

About time...you have too much education to not realize that it will kill you;):lol:

2. The very first 4.44 XT6 has been born. Finished it last night. Thing runs pretty good and the proud Father is MYxalplyx from our very board.

and who got to cut the cord?:rolleyes:

3. The first of the NEW 5mt's will be installed shortly as the next project I have to do involves such, so lets see how nice these trannies really are.

No doubt a ground-pounding beast in SVX-clothing:cool:

4. Met a new girly, who has designated some of my focus, but a little distraction is needed:D

about time:p

Tom

Hop 03-10-2008 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 533648)

Good luck Tom. I quit about 20 years ago and I still find myself flicking the ashes off of a toothpick every now and again. The first month was the hardest. After that it got easier because I told myself that I didn't want to go through that month of hell again.

Best of luck to you.

Greg

svx_commuter 03-10-2008 10:14 AM

1. I have never smoked BUT did grow up in family that smoked. So that was before there was anything on secondhand smoke. So what?

2. My svx is over 326k miles and I have been doing most of the work myself. It is a hobby for me. I just love working on the SVX even if I don't get it right the first time.

3. I still have two sons and my family and I am going to UTAH this Thursday to see the older one that has been gone for 15 months. Yeah I am going skiing too.

4. I still have the same girly after 31 years. :D

Take care of that SVX,

John

green_eyed_lady 03-11-2008 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 533648)

Good for you! I keep trying, but I go back to them when I run out of patches! (Maybe I should just buy all 12 weeks' worth at once?)

Quote:

Blah, blah, blah....MORE car stuff. :rolleyes:

Quote:

See response #2 above. ;)

Quote:

Let's hope she likes CAR STUFF. :lol:

TomsSVX 03-11-2008 11:34 AM

thnx Di:D:lol:

I haven't completely dropped it yet... I have been picking at my last pack since Friday

She is not really into the car stuff, which is a good thing kinda... Distracts me from doing too much in the shop which should keep me sane:rolleyes:

I am trying to do this cold turkey but I have already noticed my shifting attitude and the ease of getting me over the edge... I just hope I don't take it out on this car on the lift:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thnx for the support everyone, after all its all I hear about when trying to quit

Tom

sicksubie 03-11-2008 01:24 PM

How about an eg33 4.44 XT6??? Congrats on both the cigarettes and the girl. One you don't need and the other you do...

SVXRide 03-11-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 533901)
thnx Di:D:lol:

I haven't completely dropped it yet... I have been picking at my last pack since Friday

She is not really into the car stuff, which is a good thing kinda... Distracts me from doing too much in the shop which should keep me sane:rolleyes:

I am trying to do this cold turkey but I have already noticed my shifting attitude and the ease of getting me over the edge... I just hope I don't take it out on this car on the lift:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thnx for the support everyone, after all its all I hear about when trying to quit

Tom

Back away from the car on the lift....nice and easy...hands where we can see them...:lol::lol:

green_eyed_lady 03-11-2008 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 533901)
...I have already noticed my shifting attitude and the ease of getting me over the edge... I just hope I don't take it out on this car on the lift:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tom

New Reading event -- wrench toss?

I bet MY Tom would win that one. He has enough practice. :rolleyes:

:D :D :D

TomsSVX 03-11-2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green_eyed_lady (Post 533942)
New Reading event -- wrench toss?

I bet MY Tom would win that one. He has enough practice. :rolleyes:

:D :D :D

Yeah my wrenches don't go very far... they tend to get lodged into things... Bill, I have been meaning to mention... Have you noticed the wrench sized hole in your windshield???:lol::lol:

Tom

JaySVX 03-12-2008 03:24 AM

1. Congrats, best of luck on that one...

2. Congrats.

3. Congrats.

4. Congrats, we were starting to wonder about you:lol::lol:... but they can do wonders for your sanity!

All these life-changing events, and for the most part, for the better. Best of luck!

green_eyed_lady 03-12-2008 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaySVX (Post 534149)
1. Congrats, best of luck on that one...

2. Congrats.

3. Congrats.

4. Congrats, we were starting to wonder about you:lol::lol:... but they can cause insanity!
All these life-changing events, and for the most part, for the better. Best of luck!

Fixed it for you. ;)

ensteele 03-12-2008 09:03 AM

Tom - Keep up the good work on staying away from #1. You will feel much better once you are off of them for a while.

Congratulations on #2 & #3.

Like Di says, #4 can cause insanity! :D :D

She may not like cars much, but does she like Asti? :lol: :lol: