The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Do you have SVX foot???? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9556)

Chicane 03-26-2003 11:05 AM

Do you have SVX foot????

Man.... this is the ONE thing I kinda find annoying about this car. I have size 12.5-13 feet... and whenever I wear my leather 'dress' shoes (work shoes), my right foot gets scuffed/ripped all to hell. I looked around under there, and it's the metal clamp that goes around hte steering column. is there anyway to MOVE that clamp somehow to gain some clearance? Anyone else have this problem?

Mr. Pockets 03-26-2003 12:09 PM

No, I've never heard of that one. I wear size 13 shoes, too, and I don't remember having that problem.

lightning_8669 03-26-2003 12:58 PM

You know what they say about a man with large feet?

Yep. "There's a man with large feet".

CigarJohnny 03-26-2003 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lightning_8669

Yep. "There's a man with large feet".

I thought it was "Those are big shoes"? :p

AnthraXFan 03-26-2003 01:02 PM

i wear a size 14, and i really find no problem in the least. i wear my size 14 steel toed boots all the time, works just dandy.
and yes, my g/f knows about the saying...ehehehe

lightning_8669 03-26-2003 01:05 PM

"I thought it was "Those are big shoes"? "

I thought it was, "Those are big canoes" But I'm old so maybe it's my hearing.:D

Mr. Pockets 03-26-2003 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lightning_8669
Whatever they say, they sure as hell say a lot about it. For some reason, it's just an irresistable joke.

Chicane 03-26-2003 01:15 PM

Oh come on... you guys with big feet have probably just never worn dress shoes or something.. if you put your heel squarely in front of hte brake pedal, and have the balls of your feet resting on the pedal itself, press the brake... it goes down fine, but on coming back up your toe will 'catch' on the metal clamp around the steering column.

Andy 03-26-2003 01:19 PM

try keeping a pair of flat shoes for driving and just change into the stilettos when you arrive.

lightning_8669 03-26-2003 01:21 PM

I prefer to drive barefoot, just like a good hillbilly. Oh, wait, I'm from Wisconsin. Never mind:D

I have had my foot snag something under the steering column back when I first got the car. After a while I got used to moving my feet to avoid this. It is pretty tight down there so if you lift your foot off the floor at all it'll snag something. And I have size 9 1/2.

Of course you know what they say about guys who have "small" feet? Yep. "How is it he don't fall over more?"

sfsvx 03-26-2003 05:17 PM

I had something similar on my Explorer and covered the rough edges of the metal with duct tape. I still hit the bracket, but it didn't scuff any more.

Duct tape is great for many things, but it won't make you need bigger shoes.:rolleyes:

Beav 03-26-2003 05:24 PM

I think I know what y'all are alluding to but you have it backwards. Big hands are what the women prize, big feet just mean big toenails (so I've been told.) Glad to help. :D

Earthworm 03-27-2003 06:14 PM

That's like saying that lesbians with big hands are "well-hung" :D

alacrity024 03-27-2003 07:03 PM

i dunno rob, i drive my svx to formal events quite frequently (it's the vehicle of choice for my family to take to my grandmother's country club because a white legacy wagon looks way too out of place) and in all the times i've worn my shiny black leather shoes, i've never experienced what you mention.. i tend to get "SVX Knee" where the left corner of the stereo door digs into the side of my right leg when i rest it against the center console..

-adam

Chicane 03-28-2003 10:21 AM

Well... I don't know... once it gets warmer around here I'm going to take my seat out, crawl around under there, and see if that clamp serves any purpose, because my right shoe now looks like crap. >shrug<