The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercharged Projects (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   S/C ''kit'' how many? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62955)

Alex-svx 07-26-2014 09:33 AM

S/C ''kit'' how many?

How manny supercharger kit from the old ecu tune was build?
And are the some one that is for sale and what is the price for one of these kit?
I have seen few kits for the 3.0L H6 but i dont know if these will fit the svx.

Alex-svx 07-31-2014 02:56 PM

Re: S/C ''kit'' how manny?

I have look on the other forums.

Was the only buld 3 ECU stage3?

mikecg 09-23-2014 12:13 PM

I had the original kit. I paid up front for it so he had the money to develop it. I put up $5500 and waited about 8 months to get it. I think the rest were sold at $6500. I don't know how many were produced, but I do know that they were only made to order, so you won't find any not already installed on a car. Sold it with my SVX a couple years ago.

'E' 09-25-2014 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikecg (Post 736655)
I had the original kit. I paid up front for it so he had the money to develop it. I put up $5500 and waited about 8 months to get it. I think the rest were sold at $6500. I don't know how many were produced, but I do know that they were only made to order, so you won't find any not already installed on a car. Sold it with my SVX a couple years ago.

Dessert runner hasn't installed his

Crazy_pilot 09-25-2014 05:51 AM

I believe 6 were built. Could be wrong though.

-Mikecg
-TomsSVX-->Letitsnow-->??
-Duckie-->sicksubie-->Nate (I believe)
-Dessetrunner
-Did LAN keep one?
-???

Alex-svx 09-27-2014 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikecg (Post 736655)

Ok i understand. :)
Thanks for answere.

1986nate 10-12-2014 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot (Post 736673)
I believe 6 were built. Could be wrong though.

-Mikecg
-TomsSVX-->Letitsnow-->??
-Duckie-->sicksubie-->Nate (I believe)
-Dessetrunner
-Did LAN keep one?
-???

Mikecg-whoever bought his
Jsvxstyle-Halistan
TomsSVX-Letitsnow-Something else
Desertrunner
Duckie-sicksubie-guy in Maine
LAN-whoever he sold this kit to

There may be one more. I do not recall anymore. I stopped following this years ago.
Alex, you can still get the superchargers from Lysholm in Sweden. May even be a local dealer for them. make a custom intake manifold, get a stand alone ecm, custom custom custom. All in all, doing a turbocharged setup will be much easier and cheaper to fabricate.

You could try doing a remote mount supercharger setup as many have done with EJ22/25 engines typically running an eaton M90 supercharger and would allow for running an intercooler. The M90 however is a bit too small on the EG33. Using an M112 from a supercharged Jaguar would be more ideal, however they're not as cheap but still much cheaper than a twin screw design that the Lysholm is.