The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Meets (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Night at the Track? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30852)

subi-crosser 01-10-2006 12:41 AM

Night at the Track?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiketkd
There are alot of other things people would like sticky-ed as well! :)

Personally, I would like a thread for posting 1/4 mile time slips for those of us that are interested in that sorta thing. There could also be a sticky for the AutoX guys as well...

-Chike (funny, I'm in both groups)

The Mason Dixon drag strip is for rent by the evening!! I talked to them about a street rod thing, and they were very receptive!!
If we can get a group!
Anyone interested??? We need a group of about 25 cars get their attention.
I will 'spearhead' the venture.. They run from April till the snow flies! The timing lights stay on till we put the toys away!!
Jerry
the track is in Washington County Maryland, about 5 miles off I-81, and allows camping. the cost was about $35. per car (when I was negotiating) and $25. more if you wanted to race all 'commers' on sat afternoon., and qualify for the 'classes'. I just thought that a lot of people could get together, and satisfy some 'curriosities' about who had the fastest SVX or other Subi..
I feel that I would be doing a ' Public Service' to have this happen on a 'CLOSED COURSE' , so it didn't get pushed onto the streets. I might even bring some 'detroit tin' to see how things 'measure up', It's all in fun , RIGHT????
The track is 1/4 mile, w/ shut-down area. some of you have already ran on this track, but not under the 'rules' that I negotiated!!

LET'S DO IT!!!!!
Jerry

Matthewmongan 01-10-2006 04:19 AM

thats a good price. you can put me down!

subi-crosser 01-10-2006 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthewmongan
thats a good price. you can put me down!

Just got a message from the track,, The price won't be set till next week, but that is what he offered last time. He is meeting with his 'insurers' this week.
keep ya posted!

subi-crosser 01-12-2006 12:23 AM

Didn't mean to hi-jack the thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by subi-crosser
Just got a message from the track,, The price won't be set till next week, but that is what he offered last time. He is meeting with his 'insurers' this week.
keep ya posted!

Please move this to a place where 'PENDING, exploration, possibly gonna happen, up, and comming events ( if you are interested, sign in !!) Thanks,

I REALLY did get in touch with the track, and they really are going to get back to me!!

subi-crosser 01-13-2006 11:45 PM

I am SERIOUS about this,

Quote:

Originally Posted by subi-crosser
Please move this to a place where 'PENDING, exploration, possibly gonna happen, up, and comming events ( if you are interested, sign in !!) Thanks,

I REALLY did get in touch with the track, and they really are going to get back to me!!

I am SERIOUS about this!! is there any drag racers here??

TomsSVX 01-14-2006 10:48 AM

When is this again?? I would go for it but it is a nice 4 hr track back home, so racing at night is gonna...well... suck. I just need some more info on when(Date/time) this is gonna go down. I have no problem blowing the guys off the 1/4 again;)

Tom

subi-crosser 01-16-2006 12:14 PM

still in planing stages,

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX
When is this again?? I would go for it but it is a nice 4 hr track back home, so racing at night is gonna...well... suck. I just need some more info on when(Date/time) this is gonna go down. I have no problem blowing the guys off the 1/4 again;)

Tom

I have to find out what dates are available. I will try to find one that does not run against big events in the area. In the summer, it stays light till after 8 pm. I will try to get a 'date' but need more than 3 cars!!

Jerry

subi-crosser 01-16-2006 12:17 PM

still in planing stages,

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX

Tom

I have to find out what dates are available. I will try to find one that does not run against big events in the area. In the summer, it stays light till after 8 pm. I will try to get a 'date' but need more than 3 cars!!
They do have motels in Hagerstown!!

Jerry

svxfiles 01-16-2006 12:21 PM

Jerry, I just now saw this, and it sounds GREAT!
Count me in!
I can't wait to blow a 06 WRX TR into the weeds!:eek: :D

Mike621 01-16-2006 12:48 PM

hmm... what town is mason dixon dragway in?

svxfiles 01-16-2006 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike621
hmm... what town is mason dixon dragway in?

Hagerstown Maryland.:)

Chiketkd 01-16-2006 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles
Jerry, I just now saw this, and it sounds GREAT!
Count me in!
I can't wait to blow a 06 WRX TR into the weeds!:eek: :D

Vey funneh Tom! :p ;)

I'm iffy on being there, but I'll try to make it - no guarantees at this point. My WRX will probably barely see any dragstrip duty in '06 as I'm going to compete in my first full autox season attending each and every event with the Blue Ridge Region SCCA Chapter...

-Chike

svxfiles 01-16-2006 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiketkd
Vey funneh Tom! :p ;)

I'm iffy on being there, cuz I'm skared of bein beat by a 14 year old car driven by a 50 year old SPEED FREAK!!! but I'll try to make it - no guarantees at this point. My WRX will probably barely see any dragstrip duty in '06 as I'm hoping you guys forget about me and my FOUR DOOR Family CAR, (softly sobbing to myself:( )I'm going to compete in my first full autox season attending each and every event with the Blue Ridge Region SCCA Chapter... that is if Sarah will let me...

-Chike

Hey buddy, I fixed your post!;)

SVXRide 01-16-2006 04:24 PM

Count me in....
-Bill

Chiketkd 01-16-2006 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles
Hey buddy, I fixed your post!;)

Very funny Tom. Seriously, my $$$ will be a little tighter after buying the WRX so I won't be able to attend each and every event. Plus, drag racing is starting to take a backseat to autoX! :cool:

-Chike