The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Poll, should cats be inside or outside animals? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27264)

NapaBavarian 07-11-2005 07:35 AM

Poll, should cats be inside or outside animals?

I'm looking for cats to help with the rat population and got chewed out because cats shouldn't be left outside, so I thought I would post a poll...

n00b on demand 07-11-2005 09:04 AM

Our car was a fighter....reminded me of a tiger. We had it both inside and out....we had nice surprises like dead birds and rabbits ripped to shreads on our front door step :cool: :rolleyes: :D

Noir 07-11-2005 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NapaBavarian
I'm looking for cats to help with the rat population and got chewed out because cats shouldn't be left outside, so I thought I would post a poll...

cats can be left outside. the only problem is that if you have a few males and a few females, you may have a cat problem in a few years....too many cats. :p

shelfy 07-11-2005 09:58 AM

outside cats get eaten. :(

Noir 07-11-2005 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelfy
outside cats get eaten. :(

yeah but they do their share of eating as well.

what eats cats? this is new to me.

Landshark 07-11-2005 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NapaBavarian
I'm looking for cats to help with the rat population...

get a bunch of snakes, mang.

snakes will eat the rats, not just leave them mangled on your doorstep. besides, not all cats are good mousers. a few snakes around, and the rats will high-tail it outta there.

shelfy 07-11-2005 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir
what eats cats? this is new to me.

in my neighborhood, mostly brown bears and mountain lions. :(

ensteele 07-11-2005 11:36 AM

I could only vote for one choice. I personally like cats. They taste just like chicken. :eek: I had to say that.

The main thing that you want to avoid is the litter box thing. Train your cat to go outside and then it is not so bad having them inside and out. I would get them fixed so they are not going to fight all of the time. If you don't, you will have the cat at the Vet more than at home. :(

NapaBavarian 07-11-2005 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soobiesvx93
Our car was a fighter....reminded me of a tiger. We had it both inside and out....we had nice surprises like dead birds and rabbits ripped to shreads on our front door step :cool: :rolleyes: :D

GREAT!!!! I'll PM you my address, box 'em and ship 'em, he should fit the bill ;) We got cat sized rats :O

immortal_suby 07-11-2005 06:50 PM

My cats are inside only due to having the claws ripped from their paws.
But we also have about 3 neighborhood stray cats that spend most of their day in my backyard managing the bird population. I think they favor my house since I have 4 birdfeeders.

Grew up with inside/outside cats that loved to bring their kills to the doorstep and I prefer them that way except for then the little monsters get fleas and ticks and all sorts of other nasty crap that they bring into your home. Not a fan of that.

freak customs 07-11-2005 06:58 PM

the problem with a cat being outside is the property damge. imagine walking outside to your car (with a previously good paint job) and seeing a cat clawing it's way across your hood or roof... this incident could spell lawsuit. in my area there is a "leash law" which includes cats as well.

i suppose if you live on a large property, the burden of property damage wouldn't be a problem.

NapaBavarian 07-11-2005 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freak customs
the problem with a cat being outside is the property damge. imagine walking outside to your car (with a previously good paint job) and seeing a cat clawing it's way across your hood or roof... this incident could spell lawsuit. in my area there is a "leash law" which includes cats as well.

i suppose if you live on a large property, the burden of property damage wouldn't be a problem.

I'm more worried about the fu(king cows next door that sat on the SVX fender...

Landshark 07-11-2005 10:50 PM

if you keep cats outside, don't ever let them inside - any "outdoor" cat i've ever seen was a frickin' flea farm.

ensteele 07-11-2005 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark
if you keep cats outside, don't ever let them inside - any "outdoor" cat i've ever seen was a frickin' flea farm.

Then you could have a Flea Market!! :rolleyes: :D :D :D :p :p

Landshark 07-12-2005 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
Then you could have a Flea Market!! :rolleyes: :D :D :D :p :p

<rimshot>

<crickets>