The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My dads friend told me my SVX was a waste (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25449)

n00b on demand 04-09-2005 08:52 AM

My dads friend told me my SVX was a waste

So my dads friend walked into out store yesterday while i was at work and he comes to me and says " you messed up bad man"....i was like huh what did I do and he goes " you bought a ****ing automatic." I looked at him and said um they all came that way...and he goes then why the hell did you buy it. He has an acura RSX type S ( got to ride in it yesterday and was pretty impressed). So I told him " yea sure it could be alot faster if it was a manual car but 230 horsepower and AWD with 4 gears is good enough for me....i guarantee you i get more stares than you and all the mechanics around here know me :p " ....he went on to tell me what a waste it was and how the SVX didnt get a good review. I told him its because subaru didnt go a good job advertising and some people just didnt like the car back then and he goes " subaru doesnt advertise anything." So i said oh yeaa i forgot about all those WRX and legacy commercials...so then he said thats only because their turbo....they'll advertise anything with a turbo. I was like yea well guess what buddy....i dont see any turbo hondas or acuras stock do ya....dooooooooooo ya?! The guy is all about civics and integras....i hate people who think their superior just because they have a 5 speed ( in his case 6) :mad:

Landshark 04-09-2005 09:25 AM

RSX Type S: 210hp and 143 lb-ft of torque

:D :D :D :D :D nothing more to say, really. ;)

Sidewinder 04-09-2005 09:29 AM

He's an idiot. Is that too harsh? If so, then he's entitled to his own opinion, but the SVX did get good reviews from some and bad ones from others...

immortal_suby 04-09-2005 09:34 AM

you should resort to violence.

ensteele 04-09-2005 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soobiesvx93
So I told him " yea sure it could be alot faster if it was a manual car but 230 horsepower and AWD with 4 gears is good enough for me....

alot faster???? :eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :)

n00b on demand 04-09-2005 10:03 AM

I thought about resorting to violence but then i was like nahh too simple. :cool:

Sybaris 04-09-2005 10:18 AM

Arguing over cars is like arguing over women.

shelfy 04-09-2005 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark
RSX Type S: 210hp and 143 lb-ft of torque

ROFLMGAO! please tell me that's a typo. pretty pathetic. :D

UberRoo 04-09-2005 12:05 PM

Honda: 2WD
Subaru: AWD

Not only is the RSX only two-wheel drive, it drags itself around by the front wheels. I'd rather have a AWD slush box than a FWD anything.

...Not that I'm trying to knock Hondas. They're fine commuter cars, but unless you're talking about S2000s and NSXs, that's all they are. I'm certainly not suggesting that the SVX is in the same class as an S2000, (though an STI might be,) but the SVX is not just a commuter car either. Subaru has actually closed the gap between performance cars and grocery getters, whereas Honda has blended it and masked over it with racy styling. Lastly, performance aside, the SVX has class and character that no Honda has ever had.

I'm glad he's happy with his Honda. If he isn't willing to appreciate the aspects which make the SVX special, then I really think he's better off with a Honda. Some people won't know what their missing until they've had it, and other people can't tell the difference anyway.

Jnthn_Sctt 04-09-2005 12:18 PM

If the guy's got to dump on someone else to brag about his car. All he deserves is pity. Violence is too good and a waste of effort. :cool:

Landshark 04-09-2005 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelfy
ROFLMGAO! please tell me that's a typo. pretty pathetic. :D

those are the facts. i put more torque on a Pepsi bottle when i open it. :D

nothing wrong with Hondas or Acuras - they're excellent cars, but he has no right to call your car stupid. gearbox superiority? ask him what kind of tranny his favorite drag Honda/Acura is running.

jb21585 04-09-2005 01:15 PM

Yeah, he should respect our superior car.

Jnthn_Sctt 04-09-2005 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb21585
Yeah, he should respect our superior car.

I don't need the respect of an A** just keep his suck shut.

Chiketkd 04-09-2005 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sybaris
Arguing over cars is like arguing over women.

Agreed...however, that guy is a nimrod. ;)

-Chike

immortal_suby 04-09-2005 01:33 PM

Next time he opens up his piehole remind him that he drives a chick car.