The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My blinding white '93 (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1506)

Henry 09-17-2001 09:35 PM

My blinding white '93

Car was partly disassembled, sanded down to metal mostly, primed, and painted refrigerator white. A clearcoat with a little silver-blue pigment was added. Tomorrow the wheels arrive - stock, but polished and chromed.

Photos soon thereafter.

The remaining question is whether or not to add side stripes - and if so, what sort?

Ron Mummert 09-17-2001 10:21 PM

Zebra stripes would be most attractive! Ron.

Seraph 09-17-2001 10:41 PM

Re: My blinding white '93

Quote:

Originally posted by Henry
Car was partly disassembled, sanded down to metal mostly, primed, and painted refrigerator white. A clearcoat with a little silver-blue pigment was added. Tomorrow the wheels arrive - stock, but polished and chromed.

Photos soon thereafter.

The remaining question is whether or not to add side stripes - and if so, what sort?

White is good. I am all against stripes. I removed my pinstripes as soon as I got my car. But I have seen some nice stripes on cars before. What will it look like? If you can describe more, I might be able to tell you more :D

Lwin

Henry 09-18-2001 07:36 PM

Re: My blinding white '93 -- PHOTOS

I've posted photos of my newly-bleached '93.

wawazat?? 09-18-2001 07:45 PM

Worlds fastest Kenmore??

Henry,
Your car looks great in white. I also like the chrome wheels, they really make the car POP. Nice job!

How much did the paint job run you, if I may be so bold as to ask?

Henry 09-18-2001 08:35 PM

Re: Worlds fastest Kenmore??

Quote:

[i]
How much did the paint job run you, if I may be so bold as to ask? [/B]
Honestly, zero. The owner of the body shop owes me, and is working it off. They stripped the old (red, of course) paint, sanded, primed, and applied this BMW white - then sanded it, buffed it, and applied clearcoat. It's much brighter in life than in the photo. I suspect it's a $2-3k paint job.

The wheels were apparently $75 each to polish and chrome-plate. Worth it!

1994SubaruSVX 09-19-2001 11:26 AM

henry......

your car looks brand new! wow you really did a great job. and i must admit i like the way the stock wheels look chromed. good for you in finding a way to make the perfect even more perfect in stock trim. very impressive.

Aredubjay 09-19-2001 12:12 PM

Henry, your car looks great. I've always like the all white (The Japanese spec I've seen in the past), and had considered, if I ever had to repaint, doing the same thing. I think, however, I'd go with the somewhat "golden pearl" that was put on the later model 300ZX.

Seraph 09-19-2001 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
Henry, your car looks great. I've always like the all white (The Japanese spec I've seen in the past), and had considered, if I ever had to repaint, doing the same thing. I think, however, I'd go with the somewhat "golden pearl" that was put on the later model 300ZX.

Henry, wow!.

It looks great. They did a great job. I like the colour. I think everyone pretty much said whatever I wanted to say. Two thumbs up!

Randy,
Doesn't golden perl (golden and perl) have yellow in there somewhere? :D

Lwin

Henry 09-19-2001 06:07 PM

I like that: "World's Fastest Kenmore"

The car is going back to the shop for another 1/2 man-day of labor to handle my list of small items. It'll never be perfect, but this is now precisely the car I want, and I'm really pleased with it.

If a stock SVX turns heads at stoplights, you should see what happens when it's painted blinding white with chromed wheels! Today I received at least 4-5 thumbs-up, or positive comments.

It's worth every nickel I didn't pay!

The nitrous was disconnected for a smog check - it's going back in this weekend.

Yee-haw!!

Aredubjay 09-19-2001 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraphim
Randy,
Doesn't golden perl (golden and perl) have yellow in there somewhere? :D

Lwin

Lwin, don't start with me. :mad: :D

cocacola08 09-19-2001 09:11 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Aredubjay
[B]
hahahaha

:D

rufus 09-20-2001 01:03 PM

It looks fantastic just like it is.

I think any sort of pinstriping would take away from the appearance.

No stripes. Stripes are bad.

immortal_suby 09-20-2001 05:39 PM

The car looks awesome. Sell me your nitrous system.

Red SVX 92 09-21-2001 03:08 AM

Henry, you didn't NEED to take out the nitrous for smog check... I passed without taking it out.... :rolleyes:

It's all about the shop you go to. :D