The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Aredubjay's going to like his new plates... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7824)

Earthworm 12-28-2002 04:35 PM

Aredubjay's going to like his new plates...

here's the story.

Landshark 12-28-2002 04:40 PM

so we should call him "the Real Friendly President"? :D

LarryIII 12-28-2002 05:26 PM

The plate should read:

No1:) SVX

svxeno 12-28-2002 05:27 PM

So...uh...Mr Pres

When is you B-day. I assume you'll get that "really neat plate" then.

Randy (May increase tourism but may also reduce population) ii

Beav 12-28-2002 05:42 PM

^ By 1

Good grief, I guess I'm going to have to move again...

249SVX 12-28-2002 11:44 PM

$15

I wish it only cost $15 to renew my plate. It's $36 for me.

Beav 12-29-2002 12:09 AM

It does here too. My '87 Cherokee cost about $40 last time around. They just don't show the other goodies that are tagged on at the same time. When I registered the SVX it was $526 for 2/02 - 9/03, but that included sales tax also. It's still nowhere as bad as Colorado, what I paid there was the absolute worst of anywhere I've lived. Try $400-$500+ per year/vehicle, if you keep fairly new cars.

249SVX 12-29-2002 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Beav
It does here too. My '87 Cherokee cost about $40 last time around. They just don't show the other goodies that are tagged on at the same time. When I registered the SVX it was $526 for 2/02 - 9/03, but that included sales tax also. It's still nowhere as bad as Colorado, what I paid there was the absolute worst of anywhere I've lived. Try $400-$500+ per year/vehicle, if you keep fairly new cars.
That's insane. :mad:

CigarJohnny 12-29-2002 07:39 AM

Re: Aredubjay's going to like his new plates...

Quote:

Originally posted by Earthworm
here's the story.
um...yeah...sorry to quote an overused phrase but I think it is applicable in this case..."that is so gay" :rolleyes:

I think that might just be worst than PA's old "You've got a friend in Pennsylvania" llicense plate campaign.

MNYPNNY 12-29-2002 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Beav
It's still nowhere as bad as Colorado, what I paid there was the absolute worst of anywhere I've lived. Try $400-$500+ per year/vehicle, if you keep fairly new cars.
But remember that CO charges property tax on the vehicle as well as the licensing cost, all at once. I know in MO, we had to pay the property tax, then we could get the tags with proof of that payment.

As a car ages in CO, the licensing fee goes down (the property tax portion). This year I paid $24.70 to license Penny. Then I paid another $7.20 a couple months later to get the title transferred to me (yea! paid her off!).

I may get vanity plates next year which will raise the cost, but it's still pretty cheap since she's so old! :p

~~Michelle

Seraph 12-29-2002 06:13 PM

If you don't like your plate, come register your car in IL. We have over 140 different designs that you can choose. I belive IL holds the current record on the # of designs.

L

Beav 12-29-2002 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by thndrmtn92svx

But remember that CO charges property tax on the vehicle as well as the licensing cost, all at once. I know in MO, we had to pay the property tax, then we could get the tags with proof of that payment.

As a car ages in CO, the licensing fee goes down (the property tax portion). This year I paid $24.70 to license Penny. Then I paid another $7.20 a couple months later to get the title transferred to me (yea! paid her off!).

I may get vanity plates next year which will raise the cost, but it's still pretty cheap since she's so old! :p

~~Michelle

I think most states have a tax that decreases with the value of the property. Florida tried to gank newbies for each car they brought into the state, but later found out that was illegal and had to refund that portion of the collection. MO was a bit stiff also, but CO still hurt me the worst.

Funny thing about MO is that they're so backwards and/or crooked they can't do anything for themselves - school buses, auto tags, etc. are contracted out to private agencies for profit rather than run by state offices at no profit - go figure.

Ron Mummert 12-29-2002 11:04 PM

Funny thing about MO is that they're so backwards and/or crooked they can't do anything for themselves - school buses, auto tags, etc. are contracted out to private agencies for profit rather than run by state offices at no profit - go figure. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, Beav, but you got Branson. I think we should do a meet there this summer. Any takers?

Ron (Thinkin' Bobby Vinton).

LarryIII 12-30-2002 04:47 AM

Ron,

Don't forget to bing Bobby a Box-O-Perogies !!

(Sorry about the spelling)