The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Political Forum (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Are you kidding me!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50429)

demonsvx 05-29-2009 09:47 PM

Are you kidding me!!

If they dont like the flag then they need to go back to the s**thole they came from. Stupid bastards

Green1995SVX 05-29-2009 10:03 PM

Re: Are you kidding me!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonsvx (Post 603268)
If they dont like the flag then they need to go back to the s**thole they came from. Stupid bastards

Tell us how you really feel!

demonsvx 05-29-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green1995SVX (Post 603269)
Tell us how you really feel!

You are tempting me to let loose!

DarknessofDeath 05-30-2009 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonsvx (Post 603273)
You are tempting me to let loose with my ak47s///!

you are good to go ~

SoCal LS-L 05-30-2009 01:03 PM

It makes me sick to see what this country is coming to..... Being told to take down an AMERICAN flag in AMERICA. Why is this even news? These bastards should have been laughed at and then kicked out the door......

mikecg 05-30-2009 08:41 PM

I would have sued for violation of my freedom of exspression.

odepaj 05-30-2009 09:05 PM

I think that is rediculous.

If they are offended by a flag, maybe they should stay the **** out of her office!

Dustin

demonsvx 05-30-2009 10:04 PM

I dont understand some of these immigrants. We have 12+ million here ILLEGALLY who get more benefits than real Americans and yet they complain when we dont fly THEIR flag of the country they wanted out of so badly. Go back to where you came from if you dont like it here. Oh wait you have a free ticket in our country that you seem to hate soooo much. They need to take the "political correctness" issue and shove it.

DarknessofDeath 05-31-2009 06:06 AM

maybe we need to start deporting their asses out

1986nate 05-31-2009 08:42 AM

I've wanted to move to Canada for awhile now... If I ever save up enough money/get a chance, My dream is to live in Switzerland... This country is getting pathetic...

Mensaf 05-31-2009 08:59 AM

Something is definitely off here. I'm pretty damn sure she could sue and win if she wanted to for violating some kind of right. We're in America. There's no way this can possibly flow.

SoCal LS-L 05-31-2009 02:22 PM

How about this bleepface Sotomayor, who says her experiences as a "latino" would lead her to better decisions than a "white man"...... THIS ISNT RACIST??? And bleepface Obama has decided to defend her, I wonder why.....

If this had been a white person saying his experiences would lead him to better decisions than a black man or a latino.... people would LOSE THEIR MINDS!!!

And BTW....if you are going to use the word "latino"...then white people are "caucasian"....correct??!! This is the type of bigotry were to expect from a minority judge now? And our own president to agree with since he too is a minority, that all white people are wrong to be racist but its ok to for minorities???

demonsvx 05-31-2009 02:39 PM

:mad:I "appear" to be caucasian but my ethnic background consists of Austrian, Croatian, English and American Indian. Now if I call someone from south of the border "latino" and they call me "white" is that correct? Find me a "pure-bred" whatever that lives in the world an I will give you $100. You wont find it here or anywhere in the "civilized" world. If they hate this country so much chech your ethnic background and move back:mad:

demonsvx 05-31-2009 02:41 PM

Oh I almost forgot> If you dont like this flag find one you like and move there.
http://www.homesecuritysystemsales.com/flag.gif

Mensaf 05-31-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCal LS-L (Post 603437)
How about this bleepface Sotomayor, who says her experiences as a "latino" would lead her to better decisions than a "white man"...... THIS ISNT RACIST??? And bleepface Obama has decided to defend her, I wonder why.....

If this had been a white person saying his experiences would lead him to better decisions than a black man or a latino.... people would LOSE THEIR MINDS!!!

And BTW....if you are going to use the word "latino"...then white people are "caucasian"....correct??!! This is the type of bigotry were to expect from a minority judge now? And our own president to agree with since he too is a minority, that all white people are wrong to be racist but its ok to for minorities???

Strong KKK member.

LetItSnow 05-31-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikecg (Post 603358)
I would have sued for violation of my freedom of exspression.

I don't think you get one of those in regards to your employer on their private property and on their payroll. :confused:

Mike621 05-31-2009 04:13 PM

I find it amusing how many people are so quick to pass judgment of what actually happened (either way) on others based purely on a second-rate news report of one side's account of the incident.

In actuality, both parties are either immigrants or descendants to immigrants, as neither appear to have native American heritage.

I am more disappointed at the large amount of bigotry and ignorance today's American citizens display on a daily basis towards others, especially the frustrated and/or racist population.

I speak this as a law-abiding American citizen who has a flag on his front porch.

Green1995SVX 05-31-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike621 (Post 603448)
I find it amusing how many people are so quick to pass judgment of what actually happened (either way) on others based purely on a second-rate news report of one side's account of the incident.

In actuality, both parties are either immigrants or descendants to immigrants, as neither appear to have native American heritage.

I am more disappointed at the large amount of bigotry and ignorance today's American citizens display on a daily basis towards others, especially the frustrated and/or racist population.

I speak this as a law-abiding American citizen who has a flag on his front porch.

I'm glad you said this, Mike. It's exactly what I was thinking.

SoCal LS-L 05-31-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensaf (Post 603444)
Strong KKK member.

Actually im native american...... and was saying racism is wrong from BOTH sides..... but thanks for playing. Now any caucasion who accuses a minority of being racist is a KKK member, right?

demonsvx 05-31-2009 05:02 PM

:D Oh I have sparked a debate. The point Im trying to make is this is America which throughout history as a whole has welcomed races of every color but as INDIVIDUALS the problem of racism is still very strong. The problem is we assume that if you are of one race and it is labeled latino, caucasian, russian, arabian, etc the media can twist it to be "evil". I have a friend who is Puerto Rican but is a proud American and served our country in the army. He gets hassled by the "locals" mostly white for being "mexican" which he is not. The issue I have is when you come to this country and are "offened" by the flag, then why did you come in the first place?

immortal_suby 05-31-2009 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonsvx (Post 603453)
The issue I have is when you come to this country and are "offened" by the flag, then why did you come in the first place?

Hell yeah.
If you don't like the flag, GTFO.

demonsvx 05-31-2009 07:43 PM

Finally we got this moved to the political forum, was looking a little dead over here:lol:

Freeman 05-31-2009 09:50 PM

The person who was offended by it is African?

odepaj 05-31-2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

:D Oh I have sparked a debate. The point Im trying to make is this is America which throughout history as a whole has welcomed races of every color but as INDIVIDUALS the problem of racism is still very strong. The problem is we assume that if you are of one race and it is labeled latino, caucasian, russian, arabian, etc the media can twist it to be "evil". I have a friend who is Puerto Rican but is a proud American and served our country in the army. He gets hassled by the "locals" mostly white for being "mexican" which he is not. The issue I have is when you come to this country and are "offened" by the flag, then why did you come in the first place?

The Puerto Rican's here in Texas get hassled by the Mexicans. :rolleyes:

Racism comes in every shape and color.

Dustin

FYI: I'm agreeing with you.

demonsvx 05-31-2009 10:14 PM

Maybe she should hang this in her office. He might not know what country they are from :lol:
http://www.oneeyedwillysbar.com/imag...erate_flag.gif

ensteele 05-31-2009 10:49 PM

I would not have taken the flag down. Oh, and if they tried to take it down, they may have had to pack me out of there. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mensaf 06-01-2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCal LS-L (Post 603450)
Actually im native american...... and was saying racism is wrong from BOTH sides..... but thanks for playing. Now any caucasion who accuses a minority of being racist is a KKK member, right?

Stop crying, I was just making fun of you :p Seriously though, it's 2009. Why is this even a topic anymore. Also, I didn't know we had any native Americans here. What tribe? :cool:
Quote:

I'm not even going to go as far as you are. We are in America. It is the American flag. I can't wrap my head around it, it's too ridiculous. What country doesn't allow you to portray its flag? Someone even pointed out, if the flag offends you, why are you even here? Obviously the offense comes from the lifestyle or history of the country, so why live here to begin with? I have a number of things I don't like about us as a nation, but those are all things that change over time. Also, I have to live with the fact that it is America, not Omarland. I'm sorry, but the whole thing is ridiculous. I think it should be investigated a bit more.

BoxerFanatic 06-01-2009 10:46 AM

Because being offended is the new activism, and the new power grab.

It exerts and sets new authority limits to tell someone that you are offended by something, and then get your way with it. POWER. Nothing more, nothing less.

Displaying a flag is not an inappropriate act. Being offended is an action, or state of mind of the person reacting, not the person that is, or created the situation that is the object of offense.

If I do something inappropriate, it is my problem, and offense is a reasonable reaction.

If I do nothing inappropriate, but someone gets offended anyway, it is THEIR problem. But social activism has given that a path to power. The tyranny of the minority. the minority can be a group, or as small as a single person, and can even be wielded as a weapon falsely. Like demonizing some people of a minority, while promoting others of a minority, claiming racism, but really using politics.

Compare Sotomayor with Miguel Estrada, and how they are each being touted, or vilified, respectively by the political class, under the false cover of weaponized racism.

The best defenses, common sense and freedom, are being disarmed systematically.

It is ironic, though, how the flag itself is also a political football. The same mentality-set people who demand the right to BURN the flag as free speech, also demand the ability to censor an honorably displayed flag, under grounds of offense. Burning the flag of any nation is an offensive, rebellious act, by intention.

And at least some, if not most people who honor the flag and display it understand that the principle of freedom that the US flag is supposed to represent, is the same freedom that allows the expression, although deplorable, of burning that flag.

"I may not agree with anything you may say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it."

When the people who say the hard-to-swallow things, are the same who want to deny the freedom of speech of those who HONOR freedom of speech, and promote it.

Un-American and Anti-American are two different things. There are lots of anti-american things, and it is un-american to deny the freedom to express them.

However, it is MORE un-american to use the freedom of speech to destroy the freedom of speech; to use the freedom to destroy the flag, to destroy someone else's right to honor the flag; or to use the freedom of the minority not to be oppressed to turn to tyranny to oppress others, or destroy truly equal and un-biased *opportunity* for all.

A lot of what is going on in this country is reminding me of a quote, I believe attributed to Thomas Jefferson, "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take everything you have." That includes giving a salve to your offense, and taking the freedom of all as the result.

dcarrb 06-01-2009 11:04 AM

I'm thinking this story has way more to do with some misguided, dim-bulb corporate policy ("In your cubicle you may have two family photos, one small potted plant, and no flags.") and quite possibly some co-workers with an axe to grind, than an erosion of liberty. Everybody's jumping to conclusions based upon a brief video blurb that gives one side of the story and precious few facts.

In my limited experience, people who came to the U.S. from elsewhere tend to have greater respect for this country than many of us natives (if there can be such a thing), who too often take it for granted.

dcb

JaySVX 07-02-2009 09:39 AM

White men are the most hated of anything in america. Women hate us for not letting them vote many years ago, even though current women never were subject to this. Black people hate us for the whole slavery bit, yet they were never slaves. I'm not sure why everyone else hates us, most of them have some beef to a degree. The ***** of it is, almost none were subject to that which they are complaining about. It's part of the whole "i'm entitled" load of crap, wanting something for nothing, hating for the sake of doing so. Born in america? You're american. You're not african american, you're not english-american, you're not indian-american. It's one thing to look at where your family came from, but to lay claim to something by them being wronged which had no affect on you, is a load.

AppStateSVX 07-02-2009 10:49 AM

this story kind of got skewed. I remember reading about it on bimmerforums.

apparently she was told to take it down due to the size, not what it was.

still, the woman saying she is offended by the flag? seriously? what about it offends you? freedom? people who died protecting the nation it represents? GTFO

demonsvx 07-02-2009 11:40 AM

I remember asking my grandfather (who was from Croatia) how he liked being an American. He said "I am a American, not a Croatian-American but a American because I wanted to be one"

He came to this country with the hope of a better life because he wanted to not because he was "entitled" to it. He learned English, paid taxes and became a naturalized citizen.

All of the political correctness in this country is a joke. If you dont say something to someones liking your are labeled a racist, bigot, hypocrite, etc.
Living in the South for the past 20 yrs I have seen it from both sides white and black which is sad. I have nothing against people from another race but I do have something against someone opening their mouth in ignorance.

WE ARE AMERICANS NOTHING ELSE