The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SVX Registration (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30380)

Earthworm 12-20-2005 03:29 PM

SVX Registration

In an effort to track all the SVX's ever made a form has been created to enter the details for as many as we can find.

This can function as an information tool to help us help you with your SVX. For instance, you may have a car problem but the year/model of your SVX was not stated. It would be simple to look this up in the registry.

It can be used to track the status of the SVX's and determine how many are still on the road vs. how many have been totalled or parted out.

The link to the registry page is:

http://svx-iw.com/svxiw/registry/

This form is flexible where if you feel that information should or shouldn't be tracked the form can be updated.

If you make an error when submitting your information simply resubmit with the correct info and the previous entry will be deleted.

hexadec0079 12-20-2005 07:52 PM

this is a much better option in my opinion, better than the multiple list all the SVX's you know of threads scattered on different boards. Good Work!

Earthworm 12-21-2005 10:13 AM

Thanks for making this thread a sticky Earl. (even better would be an "announcement" but that's pushing it :D)

Ricochet 12-21-2005 11:44 AM

I entered everything but my vin and it was accepted.

huck369 12-21-2005 11:45 AM

I added mine....
But where can we see the results?

ensteele 12-21-2005 12:00 PM

Comming Soon!!!! :D :D :D :D

Earthworm 12-21-2005 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricochet

It will accept any and all information you enter in. There are no checks on the information supplied. Idealy we would want to collect all the VIN's though.

Earthworm 12-21-2005 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369
I added mine....
But where can we see the results?

The results are kept private at the moment. As of right now only myself and Earl can see the list. It will be discussed as to what information will be made public/private.

Chiketkd 12-21-2005 12:27 PM

Quote:

I imagine the Vin # is important to ensure they're no duplicates when determining the final numbers. For example, CigarJohnny bought Huck369's pearlie 5spd.

Great site David and I've already sent my 96's info along.

-Chike

huck369 12-21-2005 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiketkd
I imagine the Vin # is important to ensure they're no duplicates when determining the final numbers. For example, CigarJohnny bought Huck369's pearlie 5spd.

Great site David and I've already sent my 96's info along.

-Chike

Yeah, I only entered my current SVX, not the 3 I've owned before....but I think that the VIN is a good thing to keep track of, but maybe not have it posted in a public list....

Earthworm 12-21-2005 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369
Yeah, I only entered my current SVX, not the 3 I've owned before....but I think that the VIN is a good thing to keep track of, but maybe not have it posted in a public list....

Exactly. I was thinking of treating the information just like CarFax except without the whole registration/pay thing :D

Ricochet 12-21-2005 02:32 PM

If I go enter everything again, this time with vin included, will it count as two cars?

Earthworm 12-21-2005 02:41 PM

Quote:

If I go enter everything again, this time with vin included, will it count as two cars?

No, I'll take care of the duplicates.

ensteele 12-21-2005 02:49 PM

It is best if the VIN is entered so that the car is recognized as that - one car. :) If someone buys a SAV and enters in the VIN for the car they own, it will replace the old owner. The car is tracked by the VIN. :) Correct this if I am wrong David. :rolleyes:

Earthworm 12-21-2005 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
Correct this if I am wrong David. :rolleyes:

If you insist :D

It's possible to have the same VIN registered more than once. This way a history can be saved. I'm only going to delete repeat entries made by the same person.

ensteele 12-21-2005 04:18 PM

Ok :) :) :) What ever :rolleyes: ;) :D :D

ensteele 12-21-2005 04:26 PM

Wow, the numbers of members who have registered has really started to increase. Washington State has the most registered so far. :rolleyes:

Seraph 12-21-2005 04:45 PM

I started that a few years back. I may be able to give you some info to add too.

I have to look in my archive for the registry.

benebob 12-21-2005 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
Wow, the numbers of members who have registered has really started to increase. Washington State has the most registered so far. :rolleyes:

How'd you find the time to register all of 'em Earl??? :eek:

Dave do they need to be complete cars? Would you want a race car on it?

Earthworm 12-21-2005 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob
How'd you find the time to register all of 'em Earl??? :eek:

Dave do they need to be complete cars? Would you want a race car on it?

Any SVX VIN works. We're looking for them ALL!

ensteele 12-21-2005 06:14 PM

If we find a wreck, you want them too don't you. Just put in description that it is that condition. :confused:

Earthworm 12-21-2005 06:27 PM

Yes, even wrecked and parts SVX's should be entered.

lhopp77 12-24-2005 09:57 AM

Accessibility?

When the data is accessible to all, I will enter my 8. :)

Lee

ensteele 12-24-2005 10:06 AM

Without SVXes entered, there is nothing to see any ways. :rolleyes: :) :) :)

lhopp77 12-24-2005 10:14 AM

Available Data?

"Wow, the numbers of members who have registered has really started to increase. Washington State has the most registered so far. "

I thought there was already data available, but just not accessible to anyone that wanted to look? :p :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool:

Lee

Tcat55371 12-29-2005 06:00 AM

I'm in :)

Dont track me down now and take parts off my car..... :D

Earthworm 12-29-2005 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcat55371
Dont track me down now and take parts off my car..... :D

I'd never think of it! :D

ensteele 12-29-2005 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthworm
I'd never think of it! :D

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) :) :)

Dza 01-01-2006 03:34 PM

I entered my info, thanks for the service.

svxistentialist 01-10-2006 10:44 AM

Suggestions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthworm
In an effort to track all the SVX's ever made a form has been created to enter the details for as many as we can find.

This can function as an information tool to help us help you with your SVX. For instance, you may have a car problem but the year/model of your SVX was not stated. It would be simple to look this up in the registry.

It can be used to track the status of the SVX's and determine how many are still on the road vs. how many have been totalled or parted out.

The link to the registry page is:

http://svx-iw.com/svxiw/registry/

This form is flexible where if you feel that information should or shouldn't be tracked the form can be updated.

If you make an error when submitting your information simply resubmit with the correct info and the previous entry will be deleted.

Thanks David

This is a good idea.

You say the form is flexible. By that, do you mean that the form does not constrain you to enter data in all fileds before allowing submission, or do you mean that if a further need is identified, the form can be extended to have more fields? Or contracted to have less fields?

The reason I ask is because of experience I have with the Matra club along these lines. To ensure you know that each vehicle is "real", it is necessary that each respondent supplies a unique identifier. This obviously is the VIN. If the VIN is not supplied, as the list builds and ownership changes, there is no way of determining for certain that you are still dealing with the same car, and duplications will happen. Such as two members putting in a car without the VIN; the first member describes it as Claret, the next member describes it as Burgundy. With no VIN, and particularly with different names, handles or addresses, it will look like there are two cars, when only one exists.

My other point is could you put in a field for the paint CODE, because people tend to call the colours different names, eg Black Pearl, Ebony, Ebony Mica, Black Mica etc etc, again leading to confusion and profusion. And ask for the trim code too, while you are at it.:rolleyes:

Joe:)

ensteele 01-10-2006 06:37 PM

That is an interesting idea. :) I think he want the VIN already so he can track the cars by that. It just doesn't show the VIN when you look at the list. Oooops - you can't look at the list yet. ;) :)

Earthworm 01-11-2006 03:27 PM

I can update the tables for any data input. I actually want to track multiple entries with the same VIN just to track ownership changes. The entries are stored with date of entry to help avoid confusion. I'll make updates to the form to request the color code instead of just the color. The trim can be interpreted from the valid VIN.

svxistentialist 01-11-2006 04:31 PM

Sounds good David.

With the unique identifiers, the data is more reliable.

Joe:)

b3lha 03-19-2006 04:15 PM

Just added our two to your registry. I did try to add them once before but I think the site was broken at that time.

Nemesis Destiny 04-05-2006 04:30 PM

Is the registry down? It keeps timing out on me :confused:

Earthworm 04-05-2006 05:05 PM

might be.

Could also be the torrents I'm downloading at home as well.

I'll try to fix this right away.

Earthworm 04-05-2006 05:14 PM

Looks like DNS's haven't updated. In the meantime use http://206.45.168.42/ to get to the SVXipedia.

Bipa 04-05-2006 05:30 PM

Me bad... I'm just too lazy to go out, pop the hood, read my VIN and mileage, and get all the other data together, search the How-to doc for my colour code..... Will get around to it real soon.... honest! :o

arrgghh.... :p :D

ensteele 04-05-2006 06:07 PM

I don't think your color is in the code list. It is a little different than the Barcelona Red or Brillian Red. You might check the code on the tag under the hood. :)

Nemesis Destiny 04-05-2006 06:49 PM

OK, thanks for the linky. Both my cars are now in there. Do you want us to re-add when/if we move so you can track the movement of the cars?

Edit: I also have the VINs of two others that I looked at but didn't buy. Do you want me to put those in as well?