The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pics of an SVX that can fly! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33442)

Ricochet 05-30-2006 02:35 PM

Pics of an SVX that can fly!

Stopped by Mcfatburger today and found this awesome jet thing so I parked next to it and snapped some pics for the intarw3b to laugh at.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../SVXJET005.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../SVXJET003.jpg

Suby Fan 05-30-2006 02:37 PM

go lil buddy you can do it!:rolleyes:

Landshark 05-30-2006 03:13 PM

bah!

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...hark/36102.bmp

:D

Budfreak 05-30-2006 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricochet
Stopped by Mcfatburger today and found this awesome jet thing so I parked next to it and snapped some pics for the intarw3b to laugh at.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../SVXJET005.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../SVXJET003.jpg

Hurry up and cover up the Ohio license plate Brian!:eek: We don't want people stereotyping us with crap like that.:rolleyes::D

It's Just Eric 05-30-2006 08:13 PM

Your car is at least 10 thousand times nicer, judging only from the tail light. I must ask...did you do him a favor and either A- Inform him he doesnt drive a honda and / or B- clip his wings

SilverSpear 05-30-2006 11:31 PM

The rims can't get any uglier :o

berger 05-31-2006 04:41 AM

what is the car next to the svx

msvx95 05-31-2006 05:15 AM

Good thing that ain't mine....I have polo green too and am in ohio, but I have the standard rims and no space shuttle wing ....lol

Suby Fan 05-31-2006 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berger
what is the car next to the svx

what the lincoln?

msvx95 05-31-2006 10:20 AM

I think he means the invisible one behind the Toyota truck

SVX-FF 05-31-2006 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budfreak
Hurry up and cover up the Ohio license plate Brian!:eek: We don't want people stereotyping us with crap like that.:rolleyes::D

It looks like I will have to hide my SVX when I drive thru Ohio as to not attract the wing fairy:eek: . I do not want mine lookin that ugly like the rest of the Ohio SVX's :p

Do you guys get a group discount on those wings? :D

Steve j/k

Budfreak 05-31-2006 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVX-FF
It looks like I will have to hide my SVX when I drive thru Ohio as to not attract the wing fairy:eek: . I do not want mine lookin that ugly like the rest of the Ohio SVX's :p

Do you guys get a group discount on those wings? :D

Steve j/k

:eek::mad::rolleyes::D

Suby Fan 05-31-2006 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msvx95
I think he means the invisible one behind the Toyota truck

well all i see is a lincoln toyota truck camero jeep and ford truck and a svx of course but whos keeping track:D

NikFu S. 05-31-2006 06:22 PM

His tires are underinflated and the tint on the rear window appears to be bubbling. Some kind of weird antennea poking out.

Sad, sad vehicle.

Suby Fan 05-31-2006 06:24 PM

no rear wiper eather...

iceman039 05-31-2006 06:42 PM

why isnt there a graphic above the rear wheel that sayes SVX? Do only certain models like mine have that? certain years? or did the dude remove it to make it more believable as a rocketship?

It's Just Eric 05-31-2006 08:33 PM

all the 92's didnt come with them
Its probly a 92 teally that led a very abused life . Sad..sad

b3lha 06-01-2006 12:53 AM

I can't help thinking that we should all be a little more polite when discussing "modded" SVXes. The owners might be lurking here.

I have yet to see any cosmetic mods that really improve the look of the SVX. All credit to the people who have spent time and money modding their cars, but Mr Giugiaro did a damn fine job on this car and it's not easy to improve upon.

Duckie 06-01-2006 01:56 AM

Too each their own I always say. Why bag on someone elses likes? esspecially when they can't defend themselves. When I get around to the aesthetics of my car I am sure many of you will not be fans.

NikFu S. 06-01-2006 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duckie
Too each their own I always say. Why bag on someone elses likes? esspecially when they can't defend themselves. When I get around to the aesthetics of my car I am sure many of you will not be fans.

I hope you are building a very strong case argument for yourself. :D

I gotta say though, that SVX at least has a body in good condition from what I can see. The atrocities I've witnessed elsewhere.... this does not compare.

shelfy 06-01-2006 04:00 PM

looks like you were a mcdonald's, not a fatburger. :confused:

wynndi 06-01-2006 04:20 PM

Raw Fury Dog

Beav 06-01-2006 06:39 PM

I'm just trying to figure out if they wanted it to look like a baby stroller or a shopping cart. Did it have a post in the middle? Maybe it's a tow bar for skateboarders.

'96SVXBluetiful 06-02-2006 04:05 AM

HA my brother used to have those wheels on a honda he bought. Acctually I think about 80 percent of the riced hondas in my area have those wheels. Why so popular!?!?!

Suby Fan 06-02-2006 08:06 AM

those are some of the cheepest A.R. wheels you can buy thats why

msvx95 06-02-2006 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark

You don't know how bad I wanted this flying car to have a bomb in it.....headed str8 for detroit ....namely at Rasheed Wallace.... "The sun shines on a dog's ass every now and then" (cleveland)..... Thanks, I appreciate it sucka

Landshark 06-02-2006 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b3lha

I have yet to see any cosmetic mods that really improve the look of the SVX. All credit to the people who have spent time and money modding their cars, but Mr Giugiaro did a damn fine job on this car and it's not easy to improve upon.

i'd say the Deltaspeed front "splitters" are an improvement, but yeah, not much else looks better than a stock SVX.

Mr. Mike's with the Deltaspeed lips:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...5SVX/19851.jpg

dcarrb 06-02-2006 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b3lha
I have yet to see any cosmetic mods that really improve the look of the SVX.

Agreed. And with every other grocery-getter out there sportin' aero doo-dads of some description, I really, really like the fact that my SVX has no wing.

dcb

R. Augur 06-03-2006 09:25 PM

To his credit........it's still on the road. And we all know how pricey that can be. This guy/gal may love his SVX.

You all are SVX snobs;) (I guess that is redundant)

andrew.anderson 06-04-2006 06:54 AM

That is a huge ass wing! Maybe it came with the car:D

NikFu S. 06-04-2006 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R. Augur
To his credit........it's still on the road. And we all know how pricey that can be. This guy/gal may love his SVX.

You all are SVX snobs;) (I guess that is redundant)

If it's awd, it won't be for much longer. Not with those different tire pressures.

spinn360 06-11-2006 08:16 AM

Hey!

2 Attachment(s)
I do think that wings overboard but I have a slightly larger wing on mine and while I agree with most everyone on here that the green wing is way to large I think mine looks good with the in between size.

Uncamitzi 06-11-2006 08:44 AM

my $.02

Quote:

Originally Posted by spinn360
I do think that wings overboard but I have a slightly larger wing on mine and while I agree with most everyone on here that the green wing is way to large I think mine looks good with the in between size.

Spinn,

Don't take this as a blast of hot air. I think what I'm hearing and what I feel is that the look of the SVX is very clean and doesn't need mods. However, It's your car and the look needs to be what you want it to be. You can even paint it yellow if you want.:rolleyes: It's your car. I think that your wing mod is indeed moderate and does not detract from the over all look. I also like some of the rims that I've seen. It's just that when someone tries to make the SVX look like a cheap ricer that some of the people here make comments that border on a flame-out. Your's (imho)does NOT do that... the push handle on the shopping cart look DOES.:p

Landshark 06-11-2006 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spinn360

i agree wif Uncamitzi - your wing is just a bit taller than stock and flows with the lines of the car.

that green Supra wing on the SVX in the first post does NOT.

trieck1232 06-11-2006 01:01 PM

the peeling clear coat adds a nice touch...go fast look!

Royal Tiger 06-11-2006 01:11 PM

It looks horrible. There is someone local here who has 3 or 4 SVXs. They all look like crap. I could refer to his ethnic background, but I'm above that. However, that being said, when it's your car, you can do whatever you want to it.