The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   25th Anniversary Meet (2017) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   It's Comming !! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63472)

LarryIII 05-17-2015 07:06 PM

It's Comming !!

For the last 2 days, I've been siting on my couch watching the HL Playoff Games (Go Rangers) on TV. While doing so a little birdy flew in, sat on my shoulder and started chirping (not tweeting) about the 25th Anniversary SVX Celebration in 2017. The 10th Anniv. SVX Meet was held in Lafayette, Ind. which is the home of SIA, and it was a resounding success (96 SVXes came). The little birdy told me that that plant will be producing the new Suby replacement car for the SVX (We all know the SVX cannot be replaced). So I think that the 25th Anniv. Celebration should be held in Lafayette, Ind. at SIA.

So get your SVXes ready and make preparations to be there.
Stay tuned to this channel for more 25th Anniversary Celebration news (dates, events costs, etc.).

huck369 05-18-2015 08:06 AM

Re: It's Comming !!

I'm IN!
I'd definitely be up for a 25th Anniversary Meet in Lafayette, Ind. at SIA. :D

cozykat 05-18-2015 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369 (Post 740308)
I'm IN!
I'd definitely be up for a 25th Anniversary Meet in Lafayette, Ind. at SIA. :D

Same.

Let's do this! :)

halistan 05-18-2015 01:17 PM

Me too and by then my SVX should be up for a trip that long

SVXBart 05-18-2015 07:04 PM

count me in!

SVXRide 05-18-2015 08:18 PM

Oh, hell yeah!!

bheinen74 05-18-2015 09:17 PM

that would be a day drive for me, close enough i will consider bringing the 97

SVXdc 05-24-2015 03:25 PM

Re: It's Coming !! (25th Anniversary SVX Celebration in 2017)

Count me in!

And here's hoping I'll have another working SVX by then to drive up there (though at 8.5 hrs, that will be a bit of a haul).

Or perhaps I can fly there and pick up a new 2017 'SVX' straight off the assembly line to take home with me :) (that would be reminiscent of how I picked up my '96 new in TX and drove it home).

svxcess 05-24-2015 04:00 PM

Thought about this also. But it"s something like ordering a mail-order bride.:lol:

Test drive her and check her out thoroughly before you commit. She may have quirks that could drive you nuts.

blackbolt94red 06-09-2015 07:00 PM

Oh, if only I could
...... my '97 would make it, but the heat might get me this time.
Remember how hot it was in '02?
Every time I see Ambassador Earls' neon sign I think of that weekend.
Bruce

ProSport 06-11-2015 08:29 AM

that's great news!

Does anyone here know of any other SVX owners in South Africa. I would love to get everyone together on the same date and make it part of a global celebration.

ensteele 06-11-2015 03:36 PM

I'll be there. :) :)

theflystyle 06-11-2015 04:34 PM

I will be there as long as my SVX can physically drive there :lol:

trueblue 08-08-2015 11:56 PM

I will try to make it even if I have moved back to CA.:)

wdb 08-09-2015 07:30 AM

2017... hmm. That would give me time to find another one... :eek::lol:

Stevebsy 08-09-2015 11:51 AM

I am very in!

Should be enough time for me to get mine prettied up with some new paint and upholstery.

SVX_MY_BABY 09-06-2015 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbolt94red (Post 740634)
Oh, if only I could
...... my '97 would make it, but the heat might get me this time.
Remember how hot it was in '02?
Every time I see Ambassador Earls' neon sign I think of that weekend.
Bruce

It wasn't THAT hot! Hope the neon still works.

SVX_MY_BABY 09-06-2015 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halistan (Post 740310)
Me too and by then my SVX should be up for a trip that long

If you can make it I'm sure I'll be able to get back for a second visit. The 10th was a blast. (note to self. Move a/c repair to top of list.)

SVX_MY_BABY 09-06-2015 06:34 PM

Re: It's Coming !! (25th Anniversary SVX Celebration in 2017)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXdc (Post 740397)
Count me in!
(though at 8.5 hrs, that will be a bit of a haul).

Wimp.;). Think Road Trip a la Easy Rider. :D

benebob 09-16-2015 10:50 AM

Larry, can you order up some cooler weather for the 25th then you did for the 10th?:rolleyes:

SVX_MY_BABY 11-11-2015 11:52 AM

So.

Is there a planning committee or tentative agenda for this meet?

LarryIII 11-28-2015 02:19 PM

Re: It's Comming and I will not be there

As much as it pains me to post this, due to health problems (heart), I will not be able to do any more work on the 25th anniv. SVX Meet. I will not even be going to it. Now, I am hardly driving at all. If anyone wants to take over planning this meet please send me a PM. I hope this meet happens and that everyone that goes has a great time.

SVXRide 11-28-2015 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cozykat (Post 740309)
Same.

Let's do this! :)

You will have your car back together and turbocharged by then, right? :D:cool:

Bill

huck369 11-30-2015 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryIII (Post 742559)
As much as it pains me to post this, due to health problems (heart), I will not be able to do any more work on the 25th anniv. SVX Meet. I will not even be going to it. Now, I am hardly driving at all. If anyone wants to take over planning this meet please send me a PM. I hope this meet happens and that everyone that goes has a great time.

I hate to hear this Larry, I hope your health gets better, prayers for you.

SVX_MY_BABY 11-30-2015 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369 (Post 742577)
I hate to hear this Larry, I hope your health gets better, prayers for you.

Yes. Keep up the good fight, hopefully you'll be fit enough in a year & a half to make the trip.

I'm too far removed from Indiana geographically to take on a major role in organization but I may be able to lend a hand to whoever take on the lead.

svxcess 01-02-2016 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide (Post 742561)
You will have your car back together and turbocharged by then, right? :D :cool:

Or a least have cleared your dining room table so you can have friends over to eat Christmas dinner properly as opposed to having them standing over the kitchen sink :lol: :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

cozykat 03-25-2016 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryIII (Post 742559)

Larry, I'm so sorry to hear you are not doing well health-wise. My thoughts and prayers are with you for a full recovery.
Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 742914)
Or a least have cleared your dining room table so you can have friends over to eat Christmas dinner properly as opposed to having them standing over the kitchen sink :lol: :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Hmmm... Yes... Well, I actually installed most of these parts so problem solved. :)

SubaruPartsGirl 04-05-2016 10:49 AM

A fond memory of your dancing days when your ticker was ticking a little better! Best wishes to you and your lovely wife, you will be in our thoughts.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...l/IMG_0665.jpg

SVX PWR 04-20-2016 07:41 AM

Larry

Sorry to hear about your health

I think this is a great idea and I would be willing to take up your torch and get this set up if you can let me know what day it was and who i need to contact

My email is svxpower@aol.com

SVX PWR 04-26-2016 01:26 PM

Just checking in as I have not heard from anyone about this

Fancycargal 04-29-2016 05:15 AM

SVX PWR, I'm with you, happy to help. Did you pm Larry and receive a response? If not, maybe we can try email. I wasn't at the 10th, so don't know where to start with getting the event planned but it's certainly worth pursuing!
Nancy.

wdb 04-30-2016 04:31 PM

Subscribed!

trueblue 04-30-2016 08:06 PM

If you pull it off and make this event happen I am planing to drive from Cali to Indiana in true blue to attend.

Sean486 05-01-2016 03:10 PM

I think it would be great if we could pull it off. It would be good to go somewhere new and the factory tour would be cool. It is a 9-1/2 hour drive according to MapQuest so it would be a big trip. I'd have to know first that there was a decent number of people committed to going.

A SOA trip to the performance attic would also be awesome, but I think people may want to get away from the northeast for a change.

Fancycargal 05-01-2016 09:39 PM

Sean, maybe we can consolidate some thoughts we had at Reading. I'll throw out a few, and some new ones.

1. I wonder if there is a map that shows the distribution of SVX owners in North America, or one someone could extract from Earl's list of existing SVXs. (Tho we might have to be sure the location isn't skewed by the many recidivists - need owners, not cars!). Then we could locate the meet at a truly central point.
2. Many of us are concerned about driving older cars a long distance. For those who don't want to take cars but wouldn't miss the gathering, why not have a small group from various locales rent a large vehicle (car or van) and we could enjoy the company of like-minded people while sharing the cost and driving? I'm not above riding in an SVX-oriented vanpool!
3. As for people driving other vehicles to the meet, but who own SVXs or have memories of our former cars, we can represent them via pictures pinned to our clothes, like the ones we get at high school reunions (of our former selves). Not name tags, but a new kind of car tag!

Just my two cents....

huck369 05-02-2016 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean486 (Post 743882)
I think it would be great if we could pull it off. It would be good to go somewhere new and the factory tour would be cool. It is a 9-1/2 hour drive according to MapQuest so it would be a big trip. I'd have to know first that there was a decent number of people committed to going.

A SOA trip to the performance attic would also be awesome, but I think people may want to get away from the northeast for a change.

I think it is a 10:30 hour drive for me to the Reading meet, which I have attended a few times, so I know you can make it if I do :) (Which I plan on being there :) )

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fancycargal (Post 743885)
Sean, maybe we can consolidate some thoughts we had at Reading. I'll throw out a few, and some new ones.

1. I wonder if there is a map that shows the distribution of SVX owners in North America, or one someone could extract from Earl's list of existing SVXs. (Tho we might have to be sure the location isn't skewed by the many recidivists - need owners, not cars!). Then we could locate the meet at a truly central point.
2. Many of us are concerned about driving older cars a long distance. For those who don't want to take cars but wouldn't miss the gathering, why not have a small group from various locales rent a large vehicle (car or van) and we could enjoy the company of like-minded people while sharing the cost and driving? I'm not above riding in an SVX-oriented vanpool!
3. As for people driving other vehicles to the meet, but who own SVXs or have memories of our former cars, we can represent them via pictures pinned to our clothes, like the ones we get at high school reunions (of our former selves). Not name tags, but a new kind of car tag!

Just my two cents....

We have a map somewhere, but I'm afraid it is very dated, as MANY of the members on the map are no longer owners, or involved at all with the group...so not sure it would be the best one to go by....maybe start a new map of active members?

I like the car Tag/name tag ideal too

Sean486 05-02-2016 06:06 AM

We need to form a planning committee. It's too much for one person.

wdb 05-02-2016 07:24 AM

SVX owners map - 248 entries sortable by color! You can add yourself to it as well:

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=812933

huck369 05-02-2016 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdb (Post 743890)
SVX owners map - 248 entries sortable by color! You can add yourself to it as well:

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=812933

That's the map I was referring to...it's got some pretty dated info...but looking at it, the Indiana 25 Anniversary Meet looks to be about the center of the numbers..... so there you go, a central meet.....:D

trueblue 09-10-2016 02:55 AM

I think we have enough interest in this meet to make it happen, but no one has set a date. Did Larry have a planned date before he got ill?

Plant tours will be available during the entire month of May, therefore I suggest May 19-21 as a possible date for the meet. The roads should be clear of snow for those traveling from afar, and it will not be into the summer heat. This date can be moved forward or backwards in May if needed.

I am not part of an official planning commttee, (there is no commttee:mad:) so this is just an suggestion at this point. I hope someone picks up the ball and runs with it.:)

Kenyatta aka True Blue