The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The highest price on a cupholder! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43469)

SubaruSVXCrazy 02-26-2008 07:43 PM

The highest price on a cupholder!

History has been made. I don't know if any of you knoticed the oem cupholder on ebay. But I was bidding on it the last few seconds and I was out bid. I bit up to $200, I think. It ended a guy bought it for $202.50. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

FOR A CUPHOLDER. Peice of plastic.

I was in the moment so I went that high. That guy is shelling out 202.50 for a cup holder. One time I paid 44 with shipping and it was brand new in sealed, but I sent it back. Very stupid but I did because they don,t fit right. But 202.50 Man!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=310024920359

Who was it?

YourConfused 02-26-2008 07:49 PM

So you bought one for 44 dollars and sent it back because it didn't fit well. American logic dictates that this 200 dollar one, being vastly more expensive, would have fit great right? Too bad you didn't get it.:rolleyes:

SubaruSVXCrazy 02-26-2008 07:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the pic of the 200 dollar gem.

The one I bought before was the same thing.

I was caught in the moment. :D
And stupid. :tard::drool:

lilbrudder 02-26-2008 07:57 PM

:eek:$202:eek: i feel sick, i gave mine away a couple years ago cause i didn't want people drinking in the car!:(:mad: well, mabe the rest of the car will catch up to the cup holder someday and sell for way more than they're worth.

SVXyGirl 02-26-2008 07:59 PM

$200?! :eek:

Hm..if I sell the 2 that I have, I could have the money for more important things on my SVXi.

Crazy_pilot 02-26-2008 08:00 PM

Wow....Mine was free, I pulled it out of a junkyard SVX and offered the guy two bucks for it. He said to just take it. Wait till he sees what he lost!!!:lol::lol:

SubaruSVXCrazy 02-26-2008 08:05 PM

I think oem cupholder owner's is gonna have to keep their car locked, alarm engaged. They'll steal the cupholder before the radio.

It's Just Eric 02-26-2008 09:01 PM

...Whoever wrote the auction is retarted...

Quote:

his is a 1992 Subaru SVX LS-L, both apperance and literally, custome part for svx, this is a cupholder in great condition! great shape. A Subaru SVX which was never hit or damaged, a complete car parted out, no damaged parts.
details: specail made cupholder comes as pictured, all parts pictured will be included! The way you see the picure is the way you will receive it.
This cupholder could be used simply as a replacement for your bike.
bid now and pay, will ship within 24 hours of the following week day.
Payment: I accept either PAyPal or money order/cashiers, I WILL SHIP WITHIN 24 HOURS OF PAYMENT.Packaged very tightly and ready. Hurry, bid now
how the HELL did he get 200$ for something that he cant even DESCRIBE!?

OrangeOkie 02-26-2008 09:30 PM

I'm going to take my cup holder out of my car and lock it up in my gun safe at night.:D

94SubieSVX 02-26-2008 10:01 PM

I'm so happy I don't have to worry about anybody stealing my Wedgie, since they're gonna be after the OEM cupholders:lol:

ensteele 02-26-2008 10:08 PM

I think we need to think about this for a second. The winning bidder had 0 feedback and that was the first sale they won. I would be willing to bet that someone ran that one up and hoped that some fool would end up buying it for a very high price. :)

alltrac 02-26-2008 10:51 PM

I have one brand new one left http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r.../cupholder.jpg

alltrac 02-26-2008 11:02 PM

Also the ones that you guys have posted pictures of are all misssing the black foam cushion in the middle of the cupholder.

SubaruSVXCrazy 02-27-2008 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's Just Eric (Post 530961)

Use it for your bike.
200 dollar bike accessory.

SubaruSVXCrazy 02-27-2008 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alltrac (Post 530975)

MAN VICTOR DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING I DON'T WANT?
How much for one? under 200 please. :D :lol:

RSVX 02-27-2008 07:01 AM

With the sellers feedback, I wouldnt buy sh!t from him.

SubaruSVXCrazy 02-27-2008 07:05 AM

I want it. By any chance did you ever sell it on ebay?

maxg765 02-27-2008 08:05 AM

New Cup Holders

Quote:

Originally Posted by alltrac (Post 530975)

Hello Victor,

So do you want to sell one of them? Send me a PM. Did they ever come in beige or was it always black?

Also, you message inbox is full. Couldn't send you a PM.

regards

Max

PS You wouldn't happen to have a unused 97 Bordeaux wrapped in it original plastic would you?

huck369 02-27-2008 08:12 AM

I may have an extra "used" one laying around...
PM me an offer, and I'll check...

I never use the one in my car either...so I may have 2 I'd sell....

rvnmaniac 02-27-2008 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's Just Eric (Post 530961)

How many cup wedgies can you get for $200.....

SubaruSVXCrazy 02-27-2008 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxg765 (Post 531034)
Hello Victor,

So do you want to sell one of them? Send me a PM. Did they ever come in beige or was it always black?

Also, you message inbox is full. Couldn't send you a PM.

regards

Max

PS You wouldn't happen to have a unused 97 Bordeaux wrapped in it original plastic would you?

Not to me an @$$ but I think he said he only has one left. And I called it. :D

WestCoastSVX 02-27-2008 09:59 AM

LOL :lol::lol:

That auction write up is terrible! I don't even get the part about the bike. :confused:

And if he really is parting out a "never wrecked SVX" that is really sad (although the market dictates that he may make a lot more money this way, especially if his tranny was bad or something). :(

As for the jacked up price though, I think Earl may be right. The seller might have had another identity or someone else bidding to bring up the price higher and at the end it backfired because they got greedy and they won it. Even so, scary that real bidders let it get that high! :eek:

The OEM cupholder is a cheesy add-on piece Subaru scrambled to throw in a car that was designed with no cupholders to begin with, since other cars started coming with them around that time. To use it you have to have an empty center console, and then drive around with the lid up. :rolleyes: And hope whatever you are drinking is the right size to fit the holes.

I don't even think it would add anything as far as collector's value to the car down the line.

Go spend $4 on a Wedgie in a color that matches your interior and you are good to go.

ensteele 02-27-2008 12:26 PM

+1 :)

I have my wedgies. :lol:

AndrewR 02-27-2008 02:19 PM

How do those things work anyway, just "rest" in the console?

Excuse the n00b question :o

SubaruSVXCrazy 02-27-2008 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewR (Post 531138)
How do those things work anyway, just "rest" in the console?

Excuse the n00b question :o

Ok, Ya got the center console. When you the button is on the upper part, the square opens then you got the black fabric box. The OEM Cupholder sits along the edges. The OEM one looks like its the wrong size and one side is rounded.
The "Wedgy" or however its spelled, fits perfectly but doesn't have the swingy thingy that holds the bottom of the cup.

94SubieSVX 02-27-2008 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvnmaniac (Post 531039)
How many cup wedgies can you get for $200.....

Probably about 40 of them.:lol:

I like the Wedgie because it fits snuggly inbetween the pass. seat and center console. I can fit my cell phone in the middle and still have two cups in it.

immortal_suby 02-27-2008 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruSVXCrazy (Post 531171)
Ok, Ya got the center console. When you the button is on the upper part, the square opens then you got the black fabric box. The OEM Cupholder sits along the edges. The OEM one looks like its the wrong size and one side is rounded.
The "Wedgy" or however its spelled, fits perfectly but doesn't have the swingy thingy that holds the bottom of the cup.

But doesn't it basically render the center console as useless for storing anything in? And your elbow would hit the lid every time you reached back to grab your coffee mug. I don't get it. The wedgie works perfectly and the middle part is great for the cellphone and mp3 player.

alltrac 02-27-2008 08:04 PM

New OEM cup holder

Well as I said I only have one left. I use to have two and so I took a picture of both so you can see both sides at once. In all my SVX parts procurement the cup holder was the hardest one to find as they are obsolete from Subaru. I asked if I order a hundred would they make them again and the answer was NO.

Looking at the bid history "p***e" with 53 feedback and a blue star was willing to pay $150 before eebaejunky with zero(0) feedback came along and pumped the bid. I was planning on keeping the cup holder as a momento but if it will make some other SVX lover happy then I will pass it along. With more and more OEM parts going to obsolete status and this being the last new one that I know of I believe it is worth what one is willing to pay.

AndrewR 02-27-2008 08:13 PM

Ok, How do I find a "Wedgy"?

Hocrest 02-27-2008 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewR (Post 531215)
Ok, How do I find a "Wedgy"?

Go to Walmart, PepBoys, etc. Should be about $5.

Do a search here for "wedgie" so you know what you're looking for.

SubaruSVXCrazy 02-27-2008 09:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Can we give a name to this? This was an ebay special awhile ago. This is a perfect fit in the center console. The wegdies are the ones that most people mount by their feet?! (Easily kicking it :p)

SubaruSVXCrazy 02-27-2008 09:24 PM

That damn plastic peice. PMed Victor :D

AJ4U2 02-27-2008 09:35 PM

I think i will just keep all my extras for awhile. I guess we will never know if and what happen if it was just a bid upper to get more or was a real one.

IceBlade 02-27-2008 09:40 PM

I'd sell my cupholder for $202 lol.

alltrac 02-27-2008 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruSVXCrazy (Post 531223)
Can we give a name to this? This was an ebay special awhile ago. This is a perfect fit in the center console. The wegdies are the ones that most people mount by their feet?! (Easily kicking it :p)

I think the person that sells the leather restore is the one that made those aftermarket cup holders. I bought one and did not like it because if your using a soda can it falls all the way down.

AndrewR 02-28-2008 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hocrest (Post 531217)
Go to Walmart, PepBoys, etc. Should be about $5.

Do a search here for "wedgie" so you know what you're looking for.

Thanks! I did a search on "wedgy" with no result.

svxcess 02-28-2008 07:12 AM

The spelling is "WEDGIE"

Autobarn has them in the taupe (tan) and gray, as well as the black. Check out THIS LINK

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c..._1991_94991932

AUSVX 03-14-2008 01:08 AM

can somebody please post a pic of the cup holder setup in their SVX, I have no idea where they go and have no idea why the Australian SVXs don't have em!!! either we don't have them or i can't find em in the car!

ensteele 03-14-2008 08:14 AM

The stock ones go in the center console and are worthless. The lid has to be open and you can't get the cup out very well. The Wedgie above is much better. :)

WestCoastSVX 03-14-2008 12:52 PM

Also, someone mentioned the Wedgie was placed by the feet and always being kicked - either you are putting it someplace different then everyone else, or you have a pretty unique driving style! :D