The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Thread for Shadow about a higher power (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22555)

NapaBavarian 11-13-2004 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Andy

We get 240v from our mains :p

Thats too much for over here, too many people would kill themselves. We need to protect the stupid:rolleyes:

220= 220v-240v here, 110=110v-120v... Of course we try to make up for it with 60 cycles instead of 50;)

BoondockSVX 11-13-2004 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Matthewmongan

yeah i know they been popular. but the age of their target demographick has changed dramaticly from older to younger.

Probably because the market is changing. Old people aren't buying as many new cars, since they're.... no offense to any of the mature members here, dying out. :P The younger more hip hopish generation is growing up, getting jobs, and wanting to buy new cars.

That's my guess.

- Jim

Landshark 11-13-2004 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BoondockSVX
Probably because the market is changing. Old people aren't buying as many new cars, since they're.... no offense to any of the mature members here, dying out. :P The younger more hip hopish generation is growing up, getting jobs, and wanting to buy new cars.

That's my guess.

- Jim

no, its because rappers are driving Caddys in their videos.

Shadow248 11-13-2004 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BoondockSVX
The problem is the ****ing moderation in this place. The thread was fine. It still is fine. There have been no derogatory remarks, and the moderator who removed the original thread cannot admit he was wrong.
Hate to say I told you so...but...eh...nevermind. Were you even here for that? I honestly don't remember.

Quote:

how did we go from religion to black people and cadillac? and further more how did cadillac go from a hauler for old people to the rappers delight (that statement has nothing to do with race if you think it does your a fool) cadi's were never popular with young people and it is suprising how in 5 years they go from old and crusty to the desire of most people. to bad that didnt work for subaru in the mid 90's
Cadillacs are just that cool. I mean really, who wouldn't want one? Okay i'm sure there's somebody who doesn't like them.

GM is finally deciding to stick it's head out. They've never had a problem selling cars, but they've always had a problem being adventurous. That's changing. And this is what happens when the beast awakens. GM is moving into a new era of car design, and Cadillac is the train they're riding in on.

I'm usually not one to complain about thread content, but maybe we SHOULD move the cadillac discussion to the cadillac thread?

Noir 11-15-2004 06:02 AM

Quote:

yeah i know they been popular. but the age of their target demographick has changed dramaticly from older to younger. its surprizing for a luxury car company to be sucessful with such a young age group. and their performance models have changed quite a bit as well. its kind of what subaru has done with entering both compact performance with the wrx, mid sized luxury, and mid sized suv with outbacks and the baja. until recently very fey forigen car companies have been sucessful with such a wide model range. (i dont include american cars because gm makes everyhing, probably
at the cost of quality because everything is standardized parts acrost the gmc pontiac and chevy line)

Nature of the business...try to appeal to different markets to gain more sales. BMW and Mercedes does no different.