The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What have you done to your SVX (or other Subaru) today? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56555)

MarquisDePosa56 04-01-2011 09:07 PM

Re: What have you done to your SVX (or other Subaru) today?

Picked up my driver side signal light assembly at the post office, will take it up to the shop tomorrow

1986nate 04-01-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeman (Post 672328)
That's not how you install one of those at all!

So that's why the laguna is still a fwd... I thought for sure that one of the 3 4.44's that's been in the trunk should magically find it's way behind the engine... :p

NikFu S. 04-02-2011 04:12 PM

Ordered a new center diff. :rolleyes:

MarquisDePosa56 04-02-2011 04:38 PM

I did a big favour for a 2008 Legacy 2.5 GT Wagon. I took it for a 45 minute test drive with the SI Drive set to "Sport Sharp" mode.

I didn't dare play with the floppy paddle things

This, as Jeremy Clarkson would say is Subaru's version of an axe murderer. I got that sickening "here we go" feeling twice, while cornering.

I'm thinking someday it will replace my 04 Outback quite nicely

K_Dub 04-02-2011 07:55 PM

Threw some parts at it, then cursed a lot.:mad:

huck369 04-02-2011 08:10 PM

Pulled the rear bumper, rear hatch and tail light off an Impreza wagon to fix another Impreza wagon (OBS) and pulled the head lights for spares, and installed another tail light in my Mother's Forester....

(Looked at my SVX longingly....:D)

msvx95 04-03-2011 06:36 PM

Took throttlebody off (cleaned it), took IAC valve off (cleaned it), reassembled, then replaced oil pressure sensor.

processengr 04-03-2011 06:48 PM

Took the Silver 92 out of hibernation, put in TCU modified during christmas vacation (ECUTUNE eprom)...:)

K_Dub 04-03-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K_Dub (Post 672891)
Threw some parts in it, then cursed a lot.:mad:

Apologized to her for my language yesterday and promised that I would get her the rest of parts she needs tomorrow.

Maybe I should've gotten flowers. :rolleyes:

Cam 04-03-2011 09:41 PM

In the last week, I have installed the ECUtune 2av1 and associated MAF and injectors. Then I broke the set screw on the throttle body. Went to ACE hardware to get a replacement screw. Unfortunately the 4mm x .5mm thread that subaru used is non-existent according to the hardware store. So i got a 4mm x .7mm thread screw, a new lock nut, and a 4mm x .7mm tap. I retapped the hole, and installed the new screw. Then it took about a day to set it up, since the ecu has to reset everytime you make an adjustment.

GOOD NEWS! She is now idling very well. I definately need to get a TCU, valve body, and do the sol. c replacement. Then it is almost drag strip/dyno time. Can't wait to see the numbers she puts to the wheels. :cool:

icingdeath88 04-03-2011 10:24 PM

Nicely done, Cam. You're almost there. :)

Due to some, er, engine death in my laguna (the one I rescued and put a 6-speed in), it looks like I will be swapping an engine soon. I spent the day prepping the engine from my low-mileage pearly (that got totaled) using some parts from a spare engine I picked up almost a year ago. Shooting to get the engine into the laguna and the car back up and running within a couple of weeks. I am so glad I have the spare engine to throw into it, otherwise it would take a few months, easy.

Plus, I'm driving around the '97 instead and it's been good so far. The A/C quit working while it was sitting. Most likely leaking r134? But really, it's no difference, the A/C hasn't worked in my blue car since I got it.

Gamesy 04-04-2011 12:04 AM

Installed new 6.7" speakers in the doors
and new 6x9" in the rear.

svxfiles 04-04-2011 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamesy (Post 673000)
Installed new 6.7" speakers in the doors
and new 6x9" in the rear.

6.7"?
More information please.
How does it sound?
Stock stereo?

Gamesy 04-04-2011 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles (Post 673002)
6.7"?
More information please.
How does it sound?
Stock stereo?

Ya i came across these Scoche High Definition series speakers.
Scosche HD69 (6x9)
450W peak power
150W RMS
4 Ohm
19mm adjustable tweeter
built in crossover.

Scosche HD67 ( 6.75" (6-3/4"))
300W max power
100W RMS
4 Ohm
19mm removable tweeter for relocation for door pillars.
built in crossover.

They have titanium domes on the tweeters
Kevlar weave cones.

Dont bother googling them there isnt any info online about them which is weird i tried checking. But from what i can gather from my research is that scosche renamed them to their EFX series speakers.

IMHO they are amazing for the price you pay i only paid 47+tax a pair new.
and if i am right that they are the predecessor to the EFX, you are saving 180 on the 6.75 and 100 on the 6x9s

They sound really good and clear i'm using a stock 2003 impreza cd deck i'm gonna see if this deck i got from a parts car works cause i think it might be stonger. than the impreza's

I plan on getting a 4ch amp in the future to really test these speakers.

My friend picked up a pair of the other scosche 6.5 speakers for his cobalt and they sounded way better than stock.

92 SVX 04-04-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icingdeath88 (Post 672995)
Nicely done, Cam. You're almost there. :)

Due to some, er, engine death in my laguna (the one I rescued and put a 6-speed in), it looks like I will be swapping an engine soon. I spent the day prepping the engine from my low-mileage pearly (that got totaled) using some parts from a spare engine I picked up almost a year ago. Shooting to get the engine into the laguna and the car back up and running within a couple of weeks. I am so glad I have the spare engine to throw into it, otherwise it would take a few months, easy.

Plus, I'm driving around the '97 instead and it's been good so far. The A/C quit working while it was sitting. Most likely leaking r134? But really, it's no difference, the A/C hasn't worked in my blue car since I got it.

OH wow, if you had a topic on this I missed it I will have to look, curious what happened.