The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   What car would you drive? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36590)

subi-crosser 01-14-2007 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electrophil
I gotta agree this would be a great car to have. But it fits into the original thang.... How the heck are you going to get parts for it?

It is a 1966 Classic 770. It is the last year for the 'Classic' bodystyle. ( looks kinda like a Benz)

All it needs is the stuff I can fabricate . A few body pannels and paint. The interior is a bit rough, but my daughter can make seat covers till it's good enough have the seats done. It runs smooth and smoke free.
It doesn't run as strong as my former one did, but with the addition of a Holly, duel exhaust, an advance curve kit in the distributer, a set of G-Force Sport 60 series and getting the original plug wires into the trash can (where they belong), It should run much better.

Has 80 K on the clock and doesn't 'mark' it's turf when it's parked.

I had it over to svxfiles' yesterday for a second opinion.

Will decide by wed if I think I want to get involved of not.

Electrophil 01-14-2007 12:37 PM

That 80k part sounds great.

Do you want me to run a carfax on it?

NapaBavarian 01-14-2007 04:08 PM

OhOhOh!!!

Unlimited funds would most likley mean several cars, something low key for a daily driver, possibly the 1989 Vanagon I have now, but with 3.3L SVX power and a Porsche 6 speed, fully restored in every way :)

Gotta have the SVX, but with a 6 speed and a turbo or 2 :p

The Lotus Elise would be a great little sports car, small, light, and nimble :D

Gotta have an Uber Cruizer, how about a brand new M6 convertible for $125,000 :eek:

I always wanted a Lamborgini Diablo, but it's gotta be the 6.0 ;)

I could go on, but the new garage isn't finnished yet!

subi-crosser 01-14-2007 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electrophil
That 80k part sounds great.

Do you want me to run a carfax on it?

Won't be necessary..

If I had a million bucks, I wouldn't give a f$#@ about a KIA, I guarentee ya!!

That's the dippy slogan a local kia dealer is pushing to death.. ( I took a little 'creative licence' though.

If money was no object, ( getting back to the original intent), I would own one of the 6 Hemi Cuda convertibles built in 1969. I would like one of the two 4 speed cars produced, please.

NapaBavarian 01-15-2007 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subi-crosser
If money was no object, ( getting back to the original intent), I would own one of the 6 Hemi Cuda convertibles built in 1969. I would like one of the two 4 speed cars produced, please.

Classic! Can't beat the best, good luck with the search, just remember, in 5 years you can have a 5 year old exotic has been or buy the classic and it'll just be more desirable!

Sov13t 01-15-2007 09:47 AM

Aston Martin DB9 or Lexus LF-A.

Crazy_pilot 01-15-2007 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subi-crosser
Won't be necessary..

If I had a million bucks, I wouldn't give a f$#@ about a KIA, I guarentee ya!!

That's the dippy slogan a local kia dealer is pushing to death.. ( I took a little 'creative licence' though.

There's a 1970 convertable 4-speed on Ebay right now. Current bid is $700,500. Buy it now price is $1,050,000. The thing is not in great condition, but apparently people want it. 14 bids and counting. (reserve not yet met:D )

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plymouth-Barracuda-Barracuda-1970-Plymouth-Cuda-Convertible-V-code-440-Six-Pack-4-sp...

subi-crosser 01-15-2007 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot
There's a 1970 convertable 4-speed on Ebay right now. Current bid is $700,500. Buy it now price is $1,050,000. The thing is not in great condition, but apparently people want it. 14 bids and counting. (reserve not yet met:D )

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plymouth-Barracuda-Barracuda-1970-Plymouth-Cuda-Convertible-V-code-440-Six-Pack-4-sp...

Unfortunately, Money IS an object!

See how a some people value a worn out ol Plymouth??

It ain't like it's old or anything. It's only 39 years old.

A friend of mine has the car that David Spade drove in the movie 'Joe Dirt', (The 69 Dodge). He didn't pay that much for it!

It's only ONE of ONE. He has the insurance policy that the movie company had on it, $1,000,000.
The car was 'distressed' by the make up people. They even painted the rust and oil residue on it so it wouldn't wash off in the rain. The bird crap on the roof is PAINTED on.
The engine is a Dick Landy 440, that they injected oil into to make it smoke for the movie.

It was actually a Super bee, but they added the nose cone and wing because the 'script' called for a distresses Super Bird.

You can buy IT for 6 figures!