The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Possible problem with the Porsche Plan (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29614)

Royal Tiger 01-31-2006 06:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's to reviving my self pity over the black 951 falling through. I realize the 968 isn't going to go out and smoke rustang GT's and WRX's (as long as it wipes the floors with Civic's :D) but it looks awesome and from what I have been reading on 968.net, the car is ALOT like the SVX. Smooth and comfortible, a mini-GT car. It's rare and beautiful, just like the SVX. The wife wants me to get a 968 Coupe with the Tiptronic so she can drive it. Changing a black one over to yellow would be expensive, but they are amazing. Take a look:

I hope it worked.

shotgunslade 01-31-2006 06:29 PM

I drove a 82 Porsche 911 Targa for almost 11 years as my daily driver, for about 80,000 miles. It wasn't trouble-free, but it wasn't bad. I replaced a clutch, blew up the air-box, replaced the ignition wiring harness, replaced heater boxes, manifolds and mufflers. Had a couple of body issues, replaced the smile and the rubber on the whale tail. The worst thing was getting some gas with water in it. Wound up replacing the entire fuel injection system part by part, like peeling an onion down to the nubs. Had to be towed a few times. But as a raw experience it was fantastic. Maybe not super-fast in today's car world, but fast and visceral. Good noises, gears, engine, valve clatter, intake whoosh. Today, you can get a pretty good one for $15-18k. Or, you can take an SVX, get a 5MT, Delta cams, exhaust, Group N motor mounts, Koni/GC coil-overs, etc... and have something just as loud, probably faster, and better handling (at least more predictable). :D :cool:

Chiketkd 01-31-2006 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigershark
Here's to reviving my self pity over the black 951 falling through. I realize the 968 isn't going to go out and smoke rustang GT's and WRX's (as long as it wipes the floors with Civic's :D) but it looks awesome and from what I have been reading on 968.net, the car is ALOT like the SVX. Smooth and comfortible, a mini-GT car. It's rare and beautiful, just like the SVX. The wife wants me to get a 968 Coupe with the Tiptronic so she can drive it. Changing a black one over to yellow would be expensive, but they are amazing. Take a look:

I hope it worked.

It's a beautiful car Dan. I more partial to black though.... ;)

-Chike

Landshark 01-31-2006 08:40 PM

Quote:

I hope it worked.

its too bad we didn't get the 968 TurboS here in the U.S. ...... :mad:

http://www.po944.de/gast/Thomas_Voigt4.JPG

i don't know about that yellow, man. i'm gonna send Randy up to give you a talkin' to. :D

Royal Tiger 02-01-2006 03:43 AM

I can't help it. I'm drawn to the yellow like a moth to a flame. I can't explain it. The black and the red look awesome as well. Since I probably can't afford the $5-7k for a good color change, it will probably stay black or red, so you and Randy can rest; for now!

Chiketkd 02-01-2006 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark
its too bad we didn't get the 968 TurboS here in the U.S. ...... :mad:

Damn! Now that is the hawtness!!!1!! :cool:

Landshark 02-01-2006 07:51 AM

Quote:

Since I probably can't afford the $5-7k for a good color change, it will probably stay black or red, so you and Randy can rest; for now!

<sigh of relief!> :D when i was looking for a pic of the TurboS, it appears that 90% of them were .... yellow! must be a popular choice over in Europe. :confused:

http://www.qv500.com/Porsche%20968%20P3%201.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiketkd
Damn! Now that is the hawtness!!!1!!

yeah it is! i read about an insane 968 turbo conversion in Excellence magazine one time, and it had a ridiculous amout of hp. i'm sure it wasn't cheap, though. probably made turbocharging an SVX seem like an inexpensive little project.

Royal Tiger 02-01-2006 09:35 AM

That 968 from the article is on Auto trader right now. Search for 968's and it will pop up. $29,995. As for the yellow, I WANT IT! But black is still my second choice.

Landshark 02-01-2006 11:14 AM

Quote:

That 968 from the article is on Auto trader right now. Search for 968's and it will pop up. $29,995. As for the yellow, I WANT IT! But black is still my second choice.

holy crap, you're right!

"cost over $85,000 to build" :eek:

n00b on demand 02-01-2006 11:58 AM

That is a very nice looking yellow. But im partial to red :D

Royal Tiger 02-02-2006 07:17 AM

I like the Indian Red (aka Guards Red), but it would cost alot more to convert to Speed Yellow. Black is looking like my first choice. I tried posting a photo of the black 94 I'm looking at, but it's not working.

Royal Tiger 02-03-2006 06:06 AM

It's still not working. If I stick with black, I'd like a tan interior. If I will later turn her yellow, I'll look for black over black.

Landshark 02-03-2006 10:36 AM

Quote:

It's still not working. If I stick with black, I'd like a tan interior.

my 928 interior was "cham-pan-yeh". :D

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...hark/33475.jpg

Royal Tiger 02-03-2006 06:23 PM

I have heard people complain the cashmier was to butterscotchy. The linen is very light, almost eggshell. I haven't seen the champaign in person yet. I started thinking about the red again, as over tan would be like my SVX and over black looks sweet. I like the way the taillights blend in with the red paint.

Royal Tiger 02-03-2006 07:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the black over tan. This should make Chike happy.