The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   STi brembo adaptors.... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42324)

sicksubie 12-26-2007 09:09 AM

Will our stock brake booster be sufficient for an upgraded set up ( say.... 6 piston calipers)???

wawazat?? 12-26-2007 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxersix (Post 517451)
If you're willing to do so that would work out well. I have a full set of SVX hubs/spindles here so you don't have to send that part. I'd only need the stoptech radial mount adapter for a day tops and ship it right back to you. It'll allow me to verify fitment....

Garage address is:

282 Mohr Road
Pattersonville, NY 12137

I'm sorry to say, but I don't know your name. Can you give me that as well?

Also, do you want the PS rack for a gear change evaluation as well?

Todd

Boxersix 12-26-2007 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sicksubie (Post 517653)
Will our stock brake booster be sufficient for an upgraded set up ( say.... 6 piston calipers)???

The brake booster will be more than sufficient, I have to look into the capacity of the SVX master cylinder though. However I imagine it's just fine for what's needed as it works with the WRX/STi units very well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wawazat?? (Post 517657)
I'm sorry to say, but I don't know your name. Can you give me that as well?

Also, do you want the PS rack for a gear change evaluation as well?

Todd

If you'd like to ship that as well and don't mind me tearing it apart with the intent that it "may" not go back together that would help a good deal in this matter. The caliper bracket will be very easy for me to get what I need from it and ship it right back to you. Your assistance with this is greatly appreciated :)

SVXRide 12-26-2007 07:57 PM

Adam,
I think Todd needs your last name to put on the shipping address;):lol:
-Bill

sicksubie 12-26-2007 08:00 PM

So would you be making just an adaptor and selling that alone or would you assemble an entire BBK for us? Also, what about the rears brakes?

Boxersix 12-26-2007 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide (Post 517756)
Adam,
I think Todd needs your last name to put on the shipping address;):lol:
-Bill

Duuur me......I'm tired :)

Name is Adam Hennessy

Boxersix 12-26-2007 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sicksubie (Post 517757)
So would you be making just an adaptor and selling that alone or would you assemble an entire BBK for us? Also, what about the rears brakes?

Wilwood = just adapter.
Brembo = adapter and/or kit if wanted.

Rears would all depend on what type of rotors I can find to work with the e-brake setup on your car. Rotor thickness and offset play a big role in that area back there with compatibility with the Brembo calipers

crazyhorse 12-27-2007 12:04 AM

Another interesting wrinkle at the rear is the dual nature of the rear brakes, with the drum type parking brake inside the "hat"

TomsSVX 12-27-2007 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxersix (Post 517775)
Wilwood = just adapter.

Rears would all depend on what type of rotors I can find to work with the e-brake setup on your car. Rotor thickness and offset play a big role in that area back there with compatibility with the Brembo calipers

Check the wilwood 4 pot rear upgrades for the Sti's they use a parking brake drum design just like our cars.

Tom

Boxersix 12-27-2007 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 517805)
Check the wilwood 4 pot rear upgrades for the Sti's they use a parking brake drum design just like our cars.

Tom

Exactly, however the rotor thickness the Wilwood calipers use compared to what the Porsche brembo's use is quite different.

All of the cars I've ever made rear Porsche Brembo setups for have had the OEM e-brake setups removed in favor of a small clamp style e-brake caliper installed in conjunction with the main caliper. Ends up lighter in most cases anyway...

TomsSVX 12-27-2007 08:23 AM

I have also heard that our rear calipers have more than enough clamping force.... But its not force I am looking at it is surface area, I cannot remember if the pads and/or rotor was larger. Reason i looked into this is my last track day I experienced some serious fade due to the shear weight of the car.

Tom

sicksubie 12-27-2007 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxersix (Post 517775)
Wilwood = just adapter.

I have been asking around on NASIOC about BBK manufactuerers and am getting a consensus that StopTech is probably the better all around choice... Any opinions on that?

lhopp77 12-27-2007 10:26 AM

Corvette?

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyhorse (Post 517800)
Another interesting wrinkle at the rear is the dual nature of the rear brakes, with the drum type parking brake inside the "hat"

I believe as far back as 1979 that the Corvette used a similar parking brake setup with vented rear rotors. Might be worth a look-see. :)

Lee

solarsvx 12-27-2007 10:50 AM

great stuff guys !!!

im intrested in the brake upgrade as well, let me know the final price and where to source the calipers

sicksubie 12-27-2007 11:31 AM

Motorsport Warehouse

With all of this work one thing has been neglected..... What about the 6 piston Willwood set up that Dayle has? Has he already developed a bracket to make the calipers work?