The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Okay, so my car looks fast... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19286)

Mr. Pockets 06-22-2004 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chiketkd
It's kinda like an amusement park ride - why do people line up for hours just to take a ride that sometimes lasts for less than 10 seconds? It's all about the rush it gives you! :)
I'm with UberRoo on this one - I get a much bigger rush from working a decreasing-radius turn or nailing my braking and conserving speed through a tight bend.

I'd never get a rush (nor learn much) from drag racing the Justy, but the things I've learned about actual driving are a real thrill. :D

Chiketkd 06-22-2004 04:02 PM

Well I've always found AutoX events to be waaay more fun and challenging than drag racing - so I'm with you guys on that one.

But there is that thrill I get when I pick up my time slip at the end of the drag race - it's like opening an Xmas present when you kinda know what it is, but aren't quite sure! ;)

-Chike
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
I'm with UberRoo on this one - I get a much bigger rush from working a decreasing-radius turn or nailing my braking and conserving speed through a tight bend.

Mr. Pockets 06-22-2004 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chiketkd
But there is that thrill I get when I pick up my time slip at the end of the drag race - it's like opening an Xmas present when you kinda know what it is, but aren't quite sure! ;)
Well, I've never actually gone drag racing, so I can't comment on that. But if I've got a choice between a perfectly straight highway or a twisty mountain road, I know which one I'm going to pick for fun. :)

Heh, and I've converted a drag racer, too. A friend of mine drags his Mustang (blown 351W) - well, he used to, before I hooked him on autocrossing. It turned out he's really good at it, too - he wins his class every time he goes out, the jerk! :p

immortal_suby 06-22-2004 05:59 PM

Drag racing is fun, so is autocross. I think drag racing is a great way to understand what kind of power you are making without paying for a dyno run.

NikFu S. 06-22-2004 06:29 PM

Quote:

Which, of course, you have a record of measuring, and therefore cause to call them 'extremely quick.' ;)

Don't make me bust out "the credentials". :D

Mr. Pockets 06-22-2004 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by NikFu S.

Don't make me bust out "the credentials". :D

This took me a long time to type because I'm shaking so badly. ;)

NikFu S. 06-22-2004 06:59 PM

Quote:

This took me a long time to type because I'm shaking so badly. ;)

You should see a doctor or something about that.
Could be serious.:eek:

Chiketkd 06-22-2004 09:05 PM

Very true. :)

-Chike
Quote:

Originally posted by immortal_suby
Drag racing is fun, so is autocross. I think drag racing is a great way to understand what kind of power you are making without paying for a dyno run.