The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   CNC machined parts for SVXes coming (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53073)

Cam 03-05-2010 12:56 PM

Re: CNC machined parts for SVXes coming

Maybe we could get around copyrights by simply "donating money to him for r&d and materials. He would then "gift" us the badges. Or you could just change the design slightly, vanilla ice style.

I think if you could somehow do a blue finish I would commit to getting a tie down. I suppose red would look nice as well with my colors.

I dont even have a tie down at the moment, but I have an optima yellow top battery. anyone know if our tie downs fit? I wanna say the fitment code was 17...? I dont even know if that matters. I think its judt terminal size.

K_Dub 03-05-2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cam (Post 637200)
I dont even have a tie down at the moment, but I have an optima yellow top battery. anyone know if our tie downs fit? I wanna say the fitment code was 17...? I dont even know if that matters. I think its judt terminal size.

I've got an Optima Red Top, and the stock tie down fits. The battery isn't as tall as the stock one, so I've clipped the rubber box a bit to get the cables over the side. Get a tie down on that battery, you don't want to bang up your $100+ battery for the lack of a cheap part.

As for Stevebsy's concept: That looks great! I agree that rounding it off might help the look a bit, but I'm not the designer. I'd take one just to get the ugly, corroded, stock bar off of my pretty battery. I'd prefer black, but clear would work too. Red probably wouldn't match my red battery, and might look off, but like I said before you're the designer. Count me in for whatever you settle on, and thanks for continuing to develop cool new stuff for our cool old cars.:cool:

Darren 03-05-2010 05:16 PM

Hiya,

Are you able to CNC SVX and/or Alcyone in stainless (lettering, not just cut into a block) as an outside badge say around 120mm X 55mm.

I have 3.3 badges already and the SVX/alcyone logo would be a nice addition on the rear.

ensteele 03-05-2010 05:20 PM

That is a great design Steve. I agree that the corners could be rounded off a bit. :)

Stevebsy 03-05-2010 07:49 PM

I agree, they will have rounded corners. I have one running right now, maybe tomorrow I can get it anodized and see how it looks...

Oh I also got my Ebay oil cap. I should be able to put the SVX into it. The trick will be aligning it up so that when it is tight on the engine the letters will line up the right way...

Cam 03-05-2010 08:35 PM

Just tighten it down all the way on your oil fill and draw a horizontal line. Maybe that will help you line up the machine. Does it have a laser or anything that would help you line it up?

Stevebsy 03-05-2010 09:43 PM

Yeah..I just wonder if it lined up on mine..if it would also line up on anyone else's in the same orientation.

One way to find out....

ensteele 03-05-2010 09:51 PM

After looking at the fill pipe and how the cap goes on, I think it will. Like you say, try it and you will see if it works. Good luck. :)

Stevebsy 03-05-2010 10:28 PM

Well we are going to have some sort of mini meet in San Antonio next weekend, so I will try the cap on as many cars as I can...

ensteele 03-05-2010 11:10 PM

That would be a good way to find out. :D :D

Motorsport-SVX 03-06-2010 12:33 AM

pretty cool..
even the Subie logo would be cool..
The owners could also paint or color co-ordinate them
a variety of ways.
Do the inlay to match the body color, or
do the inlay black and the top of it body color
and or.... well you get the idea.
Im not fond of anodizing, red usually looks pink after
a few month and it scratches too easy.
I myself would just buy mine raw finish and paint it the
way I want to for my car.

lhopp77 03-06-2010 08:40 AM

Think I might hold out for the Alcyone horns. :D :p

Lee

Subix 03-10-2010 03:55 AM

Here I was thinking about dumb ways to hold my battery down because it's been :rolleyes: flopping around as I toss her around the turns lately because well... for some reason since I've replaced the battery I'm not sure what happened to the old tiedown jobby job.

So... ima have to ask you to sell me one of these in either anodized blue or red pronto!!1! :lol: ;). I think adding the Horns in there somewhere would be awesome too!

What's an eta on this? (pressure is on ;) ) my battery really needs something to hold it down! Don't fail me battery, please!! :p

dromano 03-10-2010 05:28 PM

This is great for our old Subies. I'm tired of repainting the hold down bar on my battery. Any plans for exterior aluminum badges?, H-6, AWD, 24 Valve, etc.

Stevebsy 10-16-2010 01:19 PM

Ok I found some time and got back to work on this...

Please see this thread for the first battery bars:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=55748

http://x35performance.com/svx/batbar1.jpg