The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I had an accident; (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63153)

bheinen74 12-03-2014 11:29 PM

Re: I had an accident;

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles (Post 737602)
Actually the chance of success is much less this time. But as YOU know I am a stubborn person
Wish me luck.

I wish you some BIG luck in the second recovery heal…..
I relate to this injury (although mine was not even so close ad bad as yours),

will add about 6 years ago i was out of state pulling a ej22t at a KC self serve junkyard on a 4th of July weekend on a Friday or Saturday (holiday weekend, out of state, etc, not going to ER), and during the pulling, cut the crap out of my thumb outside edge up to the wrist edge on a CV boot clamp trying to get the bottom driver side nut off the bellhousing. I came up from under the car squirting/spirting blood. My brother sprayed it with simple green, went to the car and got paper towels. It was too the bone split wide open like a filet, about 3-4 inches long. just wide open it looked like when you filet something with a knife. Finished pulling the motor with the squirty hand pressed against my leg or chest. Paid for EJ22T, loaded into car, then went across street to the autozone and bought Superglue. I put a whole tube on my bad cut. Went to hotel, washed, more superglue, toilet paper, went to see KC play, it oozed some all night and next day. Went to the hospital 2 days later to get Tetanus shot, the doctor looked it over pressed at it to see if it was infected (man that hurt too it was sore tender), said it looked good. 3 days later at work, I picked up a computer Tower doing my IT work, and it split WIDE open again. I superglued it shut again, and it did heal, i was much more careful with it, can't hardly tell now.

So, moral, be more careful, it will heal i hope, and you will be good in a few months or 3.

svxfiles 12-03-2014 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bheinen74 (Post 737613)
I wish you some BIG luck in the second recovery heal…..
I relate to this injury (although mine was not even so close ad bad as yours),

will add about 6 years ago i was out of state pulling a ej22t at a KC self serve junkyard on a 4th of July weekend on a Friday or Saturday (holiday weekend, out of state, etc, not going to ER), and during the pulling, cut the crap out of my thumb outside edge up to the wrist edge on a CV boot clamp trying to get the bottom driver side nut off the bellhousing. I came up from under the car squirting/spirting blood. My brother sprayed it with simple green, went to the car and got paper towels. It was too the bone split wide open like a filet, about 3-4 inches long. just wide open it looked like when you filet something with a knife. Finished pulling the motor with the squirty hand pressed against my leg or chest. Paid for EJ22T, loaded into car, then went across street to the autozone and bought Superglue. I put a whole tube on my bad cut. Went to hotel, washed, more superglue, toilet paper, went to see KC play, it oozed some all night and next day. Went to the hospital 2 days later to get Tetanus shot, the doctor looked it over pressed at it to see if it was infected (man that hurt too it was sore tender), said it looked good. 3 days later at work, I picked up a computer Tower doing my IT work, and it split WIDE open again. I superglued it shut again, and it did heal, i was much more careful with it, can't hardly tell now.

So, moral, be more careful, it will heal i hope, and you will be good in a few months or 3.

In about 1996 I cut my left leg, 3" long and 3" deep, exposed bone, lots of blood loss, so I buterflied it, betodined it. And three months later was SO close to gangrene that it took three months of heavy antibioticts.
Stouborn. but
"I'm still standing, yea,yea,yea!"

ensteele 12-04-2014 12:19 AM

I hope everything is going better now Tom. Good luck.

svxfiles 12-04-2014 12:25 AM

Thanks Earl!
The world is my oyster.........

And my shipping address is.....:p

Sean486 12-04-2014 07:26 AM

Hope your 2nd surgery was a success, sorry to hear that you needed it. Get well.

Don't be this guy :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diQhM7HLNG8

svxfiles 12-04-2014 09:01 PM

I took a look down the tunnel if the cast and now know that my doctor had to do ALOT more cutting and stiching than the first time. sigh...
But hey this time its only one tendon not both...
More rum please...

bwb3 12-05-2014 03:22 PM

My prayers for your healing Tom. Be patient, this one will take time. Casts are a good place to express yourself, while waiting.:)
Gene

svxfiles 12-05-2014 03:27 PM

Gene have you been to The Coral Castle?
Bill is near by but has not been there yet.

bwb3 12-05-2014 03:44 PM

My mom came from Latvia, and yes, I have been there. Expected of all architecture students in Florida. I don't want to reveal any more.

Creativity is everywhere. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iELnlCZPR5Y

svxcess 12-05-2014 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles (Post 737619)
I took a look down the tunnel of the cast and now know that my doctor had to do A LOT more cutting and stiching than the first time. sigh...
But hey this time its only one tendon, not both...

More rum please...

Trish and I had dinner with Tom last night at the Baltimore Street Grille in Cumberland. A great time.

Before that, Tom and I were hanging out with the dogs down by the river, with a lot of rum and a lot of eggnog with whiskey, brandy and rum.

His sense of humor, optimism and the desire to get back doing what he loves will carry him through. Great evening my friend. See you again on the 17th.

svxfiles 12-05-2014 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwb3 (Post 737629)
My mom came from Latvia, and yes, I have been there. Expected of all architecture students in Florida. I don't want to reveal any more.

Creativity is everywhere. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iELnlCZPR5Y

I was there when I was twelve, now that I'm a little older............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................I want to go back and see it for the first time again.

svxfiles 12-24-2014 12:10 PM

I just got a Happy Holidays card from Scott.
Thank you very much Scott.

But with a Baltimore postmark and no last name, as of right now I do not know which Scott.:o

zavikan 12-24-2014 06:39 PM

This thread was worth ending my lurker streak on the forum.

The amount of free advice you gave me when I put together my 2nd svx was invaluable necessary. I more then wish I could give more then well wishes right now, but life is what it is.

As a musician, I remember filling in for a parade band around 10 years ago. There was an elderly gent must have been around 70 who was a retired music teacher, hauling around his euphonium (baby tuba). It was blisteringly hot outside. Melting shoes to the road. The guy looked grey. Just this gross grey color...another band mate told him he should stop marching and take a break. "Maybe catch us on the back swing...you really should stop marching in these parades man...."seemed completely reasonable to me. Then the man responded with "what would you have me do. Sit in my house and wait to die?". And that was the end of the conversation.

I was going to tell you that you'd better start taking better care of yourself old man....but really...to heck with the pasture ;)
Merry Christmas

J

svxfiles 02-18-2015 08:57 PM

Update;
I saw my plastic surgeon again yesterday and my third big surgery
(where they put you to sleep, hopefully for only two hours:rolleyes:)
is scheduled for March 9th.
This time one of two things happen, She cuts out the scar tissue and the finger starts to work again, (YAAAA!) or She finds out that the tendons are broken/unattached and has to do a MUCH more complicated procedure that will require yet another surgery where She grafts in "spare" tendons from my forearm.
If that happens I get to start all over again with twice a week physical therapy visits. sigh....

Hopefully its thing #1!

I would like to thank all of you for your support and kind words.

If I am sentenced to three more months of not really working you can find me late at night, on a Cumberland street corner, wearing a red dress. sigh...
Please be gentle.:o

newsvx 02-18-2015 09:43 PM

Thoughts and prayers going your way, Big Guy!! Wishing for the best outcome!