The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Wanted or For Sale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Buyer Beware - Read this thread before buying on ebay or here (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23974)

pnyklr 10-31-2005 08:23 PM

I reported him again lets seeif I cant get those auctions canceled

Guys and gals jump in and do the same report him

Reported Seller: alexm2888
Reported Buyers: lyuppa05

Item number(s):

There's the info if you are bored

intelisevil 11-01-2005 10:44 AM

I received this message from EBay:

Hello,

Thank you for providing us with the details about this situation with
alexm2888, lyuppa05 and civickilla28.

We are concerned about violations on the site and have thoroughly
investigated your report. Please be assured that we have taken the
appropriate action in accordance with our site policies. Our actions may
include issuing a warning, temporary or indefinite suspension, or
terminating the membership.

As you may know, we are unable to provide specific information regarding
the result of our investigation to third party members. Please
understand that this is for the protection of all eBay users.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Rousseau
eBay Motors
Trust & Safety

So I looked for his auctions (that shouldn't have closed yet), and found that he doesn't currently have anything for sale!

Dan :D :D :D

pnyklr 11-01-2005 10:53 AM

nice I did the same thing too to him yesterday :D

For sh#ts and giggles I'd like to call the # in the ended auctions and see what stuff he has

billb 11-09-2005 10:40 AM

I'm sad to say that I was a victim of alexm2888. I bought some SVX parts in early October. I paid him $128.00 and received nothing. We'll see what ebay and paypal will do for me. Probably nothing.

By the way...the guy went so far as to email me an invalid tracking number just last week.

I tried calling him yesterday. Apparently it is a cellphone. Its turned off and his voicemail is full.

pnyklr 11-09-2005 11:58 AM

Isnt he located in jersey... someone in NJ should pay him a visit

even better during the meet in december we should all pay him a visit :D

ruffyone 11-13-2005 06:25 PM

I see I'm not the only one. I responded to his ebay posting about calling him to see what else he had for sale. We struck a deal, I sent him a check (bad bad bad me), he cashed it, and I have yet to see the first part despite my repeated calls (which he did answer at first-then not) and my follow up emails (at his request because he "misplaced" my order notes). I did not register a complaint at EBAY because I did not go thru PayPal or buy thru Ebay. After seeing these posts, however, I intend to.

immortal_suby 11-30-2005 06:34 PM

Bump (er something)
updated with svxpartspro (alexm2688) another ebay scamming ID

billb 12-01-2005 06:13 AM

I just saw the svxpartspro listings on ebay. Can anyone confirm this is the same guy as alexm2888? If it is, how does ebay let this guy continue to run his scam?

pnyklr 12-01-2005 07:52 AM

Its easy the assburglar just uses different credit card and contact info

One of my idiot friends did that and they figured it out and they suspended him and his moms account permanently

intelisevil 12-01-2005 08:38 AM

Our friend, "I'm not alexm2888" - svxpartspro, has added an engine to his for sale list on EBay.

I'm not going to warn the bidder because it's the evil dunebuggysupply! Admittedly, dunebuggysupply may not be so evil, but I've seen him bid on almost every engine that comes up on EBay and he's been parting out SVXi so he scares me . . .

Edit - I just noticed the picture that "I'm not alexm2888" - svxpartspro is using to sell his engine "This engine is from a 1994 subaru svx lsi anniversary model" has silver strut towers.

I'm not near the SVX expert that many of you are - Wasn't the Anniversary model 1993 and Red?

dmnknightomega6 12-01-2005 10:25 AM

I think they took him out SVXPRO

I was bidding on an item of his (before seeing you guys), and all his items just vanished.

immortal_suby 12-01-2005 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmnknightomega6
I was bidding on an item of his (before seeing you guys), and all his items just vanished.

good riddance

ensteele 12-01-2005 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intelisevil
Edit - I just noticed the picture that "I'm not alexm2888" - svxpartspro is using to sell his engine "This engine is from a 1994 subaru svx lsi anniversary model" has silver strut towers.

I'm not near the SVX expert that many of you are - Wasn't the Anniversary model 1993 and Red?

Yes, all of the US models are 1993 and were the Barcelona Red. :D

pnyklr 12-02-2005 06:13 AM

got this PM from SVXpartspro last night.....

yo homeboy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

since u like talking lies to people why dont u meet me! i will get this issue resolved with ebay, because i dont know who the **** is alexm2888 and lyuppa05,
Asshole!

just shows who ever he is is a real gentleman :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused: :confused:

Electrophil 12-02-2005 07:19 AM

My email from him was more benign. Here's a cut and paste. Notice the "from" box under where it says original message. :D

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 12:58 AM
To: redpen@cox.net
Subject: RE: Radiator

i do not know what u are talking about. my name is vlad not alex who is alexm2888i dont understand?

End email.

Now here's the wild part. I don't get that much spam, and I don't usually use my real email for official business like ebay and PayPal.
Edit: I have a special email used just for official business like ebay and paypal.

But!

A day after receiving this reply, I got both a ebay AND a paypal scam email under this account. Both were very poor quality, and anyone with more than a 3rd grade education would see straight through them.

Coincidence??

svxpartspro is no longer a registered user of ebay......
I'm sure alex will pop back up, and we will immediately notice him. He's turning out not to be especially bright... which is great for us. :)