The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Right in the Middle (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Texas! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41653)

sd2649 07-21-2008 08:17 AM

Re: Texas!

holy crap! this is what I get for skipping the forum for 4 months (new hectic job). I can't believe I missed this! And I started this thread too!! what an idiot. (kicking myself)

apocalixto 07-21-2008 09:46 AM

Hey,

the meet was quite fun but hopefully we will do another one before the summer is over! i would really like for a lot more of us to do a drive together!

odepaj 07-21-2008 10:42 AM

Next drive in Austin?

YourConfused knows a pretty twisty road around there somewhere :D

Maybe by then I'll have the coilovers in the ebony so I don't have to yell "NEMESIS!!!!" at Matt everytime we hit a corner:lol:

Dustin

apocalixto 07-21-2008 11:32 AM

when could we all do the next drive? like next month? or what?

oh ya...update on my car...
the overheating problem went away...but as soon as i got back into dallas at about 3:00AM I noticed the temp go up to about 3/4 after we exited the highway. i checked the radiator fluid yesterday morning and it looked chunky of course...is it worth just going ahead and getting the PWR radiator or just replacing the radiator with an OEM one?

odepaj 07-21-2008 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apocalixto (Post 557110)
when could we all do the next drive? like next month? or what?

oh ya...update on my car...
the overheating problem went away...but as soon as i got back into dallas at about 3:00AM I noticed the temp go up to about 3/4 after we exited the highway. i checked the radiator fluid yesterday morning and it looked chunky of course...is it worth just going ahead and getting the PWR radiator or just replacing the radiator with an OEM one?

TXIC is planning a GC meet for August, I know they are inviting other Subarus. Maybe we should try to make it to that? I'm probably going, but I don't know what route they are taking.

Flush the fluid again? Im gonna need a radiator now also....

I let Tomas borrow mine until he could get a new one and now mine cracked..:(

So hes killed two radiators in two days (while owning his SVX for only three days).....

Don't know how he does it....

Dustin

Edit: Im just gonna go with a PWR, but only because I'll have time to save up the proper funding for one.

apocalixto 07-21-2008 12:37 PM

wait...when and where in august? i will definitely try to make it if i can. i think i might go with the pwr as well...i just have to save the money for it. should i just buy it from ebay...or who has it any cheaper?

cozykat 07-21-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apocalixto (Post 557029)
Hey everybody!
The meet was absolutely fantastic. Mic and I had a great time and I can't wait for the next meets. Hopefully at some point we can do a meet here in Dallas and possibly in Austin as well. Well, i have a TON of great pictures....if you all want to seem some please let me know!

ditto! I had an awesome time and wish it lasted longer.. or we could do it every weekend. Maybe next time, I'll be in my house and I'll have better accomodations aside from my couches. :D

Also, I want pics!!! i will post the couple i took on photobucket and then paste the link here later today.. right now i am in class... boring!

odepaj 07-21-2008 07:03 PM

GC meet in Austin: August 1st-3rd

Friday:
If anyone's in town, we can get together at Plucker's at 183/Burnet around 8 or later.

Saturday...
-Meet at the NorthEast corner of Barton Square Creek mall (the part looking over downtown).
-Hill Country drive that I've drawn up, make some stops, see some nice places, yadda yadda.
-Eventually make our ways to Dave and Busters over at 183/Mopac. Eat, drink, play.

Sunday
Breakfast at Manny Hattan's... same retail area as D&B's

seehecksdeeh 07-21-2008 10:00 PM

Thanks for the pictures, Calixto, much appreciated.

Sorry I couldn't make it, guys. As far as money goes, the timing couldn't have been more inconvenient, haha. Hopefully we can arrange for another meet, and I will definitely try to make it.

apocalixto 07-21-2008 10:14 PM

Hey i will def try to make it for the hill country drive again...that was so dope. I don't have a place to stay...unless you know someone that can house me. i guess i could get a hotel room at a westin (i work at a westin here in dallas as a doorman...)

i should have more pics soon...from mic's cam

cozykat 07-21-2008 10:32 PM

Pics from my camera phone

Sorry some are not so great... apparently, i was a little too snap happy. lol

Next time I think we can for sure get Scott and Don to come out.. and hopefully Skip will come at a decent time instead of at night so you can actually see that his svx is blue, instead of imagine it. lol

cozykat 07-21-2008 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seehecksdeeh (Post 557163)
Thanks for the pictures, Calixto, much appreciated.

Sorry I couldn't make it, guys. As far as money goes, the timing couldn't have been more inconvenient, haha. Hopefully we can arrange for another meet, and I will definitely try to make it.

I'm going to try for another SVX meet in August, after I get settled into my house. I'll be doing a lot of moving about around August 1st so maybe two weeks from then?

YourConfused 07-21-2008 11:50 PM

Did we all forget to thank Dustin for the 'lube-job'? Now I need a new hood! j/k Actually I ordered it today, hope to get it by next week, and a new fender too. thanks for the pics all.

apocalixto 07-22-2008 01:32 AM

ya thanks dustin! i still haven't washed mine off! haha. i am so excited for the next meet you all. i had a blast...i am glad i have some friends that are actually familiar with the svx...haha...all my friends just think i drive some spaceship. haha.

apocalixto 07-22-2008 01:48 AM

ok....now if you go to my photobucket you can see mic's pictures from the meet as well...he had more of the pics from the drive!SVX Meet Pics