The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Competition Motorsports (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   2007 Mid-Atlantic Subaru Challenge @ Ripkin Stadium (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39595)

ridered777 09-11-2007 08:27 PM

Haha. Can't guys.

Unforseen expenses have arose (as always). On top of that, stupid body panel decided to start to come off today, so I'm going to have to look into that.

I think I want to wait for the new tranny anyway. Better F/R torque split if nothing else.

Good luck to all who go! I'm sure you'll have a great time.

LarryIII 09-14-2007 06:10 AM

Harry, John,

Rosie & I plan to be there but not competing. This is based on Rosie's health (she's been ill lately) and the temperature. If its hot, we won't come. It must be in the 70's for us to come.

newsvx 09-14-2007 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide (Post 492704)
ridered777,
definitely make the trip! Dave is right that the challenge is a great opportunity for your first AX.
-Bill (hoping it doesn't rain so the poncho can stay in the truck:eek::p)

YES, we all want the "poncho" to stay in the truck AND the rain to stay away - not that you looked like a wet rat, Bill ......:lol: I think someone has that pic as a screen saver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harry

newsvx 09-14-2007 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryIII (Post 493284)
Harry, John,

Rosie & I plan to be there but not competing. This is based on Rosie's health (she's been ill lately) and the temperature. If its hot, we won't come. It must be in the 70's for us to come.

Larry,
I certainly understand. Please give Rosie our best (and a hug)!! I hope she is much better as the Challenge gets closer!

Harry

Hocrest 09-14-2007 07:26 AM

Larry, Hope Rosie is feeling better and up to making the meet.
Quote:

Originally Posted by newsvx (Post 493292)
YES, we all want the "poncho" to stay in the truck AND the rain to stay away - not that you looked like a wet rat, Bill ......:lol: I think someone has that pic as a screen saver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harry

Do you mean this picture????
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...RU89/39418.JPG

It doesn't look like we'll be making it this year. So now Bill will finally get to be the fastest SVX at the Subaru Challenge :D

no wait... I just remembered Harry and both of the Tom's car's will be there.... :o

Well I guess Bill can still claim to be the fastest Black SVX at the Subaru Challenge :p

Chiketkd 09-14-2007 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hocrest (Post 493301)
Well I guess Bill can still claim to be the fastest Black SVX at the Subaru Challenge :p

LOL!!!! :D:D:D

TomsSVX 09-14-2007 02:56 PM

Ok, I will be there in the silver. It will not have the built motor so I will just have to run the old motor in it. I need to replace the water pump before I am ready and I should be doing that tonight....

Tom

Mike621 09-14-2007 03:51 PM

When are you leaving to go down there Tom?

Mike621 09-14-2007 03:54 PM

Quote:

It looks like Bill was utilizing "adequate protection" :p

I hope the weather is mild as well. I'm enjoying the 70-something degree weather... Maybe Ill take the trip? Not sure. Is the $40 fee also for spectators?

newsvx 09-14-2007 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike621 (Post 493404)

I hope the weather is mild as well. I'm enjoying the 70-something degree weather... Maybe Ill take the trip? Not sure. Is the $40 fee also for spectators?

Mike,
I don't think there is any charge for spectators at all - only to register to run ........
Do come. You enjoy it! Plus, the SVXi need the encouragement!:D

Harry

newsvx 09-14-2007 04:03 PM

Quote:

Larry, Hope Rosie is feeling better and up to making the meet.

Do you mean this picture????
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...RU89/39418.JPG

It doesn't look like we'll be making it this year. So now Bill will finally get to be the fastest SVX at the Subaru Challenge :D

no wait... I just remembered Harry and both of the Tom's car's will be there.... :o

Yep, that's the one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol:
Harry

Mike621 09-14-2007 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newsvx (Post 493407)
Mike,
I don't think there is any charge for spectators at all - only to register to run ........
Do come. You enjoy it! Plus, the SVXi need the encouragement!:D

Harry

Thanks Harry,

I will do my best to take off of work for that Saturday morning so that I can instead make the trip.

subi-crosser 09-15-2007 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike621 (Post 493404)

Is that one of those " Body Condoms"??? Like Steve Martin wore when he was 'hanging out with Precilla Presley??? " Nice BEAVER"........

subi-crosser 09-15-2007 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridered777 (Post 492720)
Haha. Can't guys.

Unforseen expenses have arose (as always). On top of that, stupid body panel decided to start to come off today, so I'm going to have to look into that.

I think I want to wait for the new tranny anyway. Better F/R torque split if nothing else.

Good luck to all who go! I'm sure you'll have a great time.

WWWHHHHHAAAAAA!! FERGIT the rest of the stuff!! If you can't have FUN, there is no sence going on........

As George Carlin said years ago, " can you imagine what it must be like to be the 'last' guy!, the guy that has it worse than ANYONE else!, He said that SOMEWHERE, there is 'the last guy'.

( yea, you got it bad, BUT...)

Is that guy YOU??? If NOT, stop by and enjoy your life!

Tom and I are only driving 170 miles to be there.

svxfiles 09-15-2007 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subi-crosser (Post 493481)
Is that one of those " Body Condoms"??? Like Leslie Nielsen wore when he was 'hanging out with Precilla Presley??? " Nice BEAVER"........

Thanks, I just had it stuffed!:)