The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Competition Motorsports (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   2007 Cumberland Pumpkin Carve Airport Autocross / SVX Mini-Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40908)

subi-crosser 09-27-2007 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 495944)
lucky isn't dragging the underbody of the car around the turns:eek::eek: I get a feeling someone knows how to drive:lol:

tom

There have been some 'NEW and Improooveed' stuff installed on the 92!

We just might have another 'shot' at " The FASTEST SVX on the NET! "07"

Note to Harry........ you looked as smooooth as anything I have ever seen!

94SubieSVX 09-27-2007 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TE1221 (Post 496217)
Actually I'm looking at the google maps directions and it's showing up at a 5 hour drive with 300 miles. :eek::eek:

I have to figure out how to manage my one day off at work if i should drive over the night before or if i should wait for another meet that's closer :(

Go on Saturday and come back Sunday:)

subi-crosser 09-27-2007 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TE1221 (Post 496211)
How much would it be for me to rent a helmet? That's right... I'm going to sign up to do a run :cool:. Hopefully I wont embarrass myself.

can you say """ FREEEE!!""

subi-crosser 09-27-2007 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike621 (Post 496213)
Do it Tim! :D Ill be nice to the Legacy and won't put it on the track. Besides, its not exactly quick anyway.

Get your feet wet! You don't have to kill the car!

The first auto-x I drove in, I finished 4 thousands of a second behind the last place car!! I had a grin that lasted for a week anyway!

subi-crosser 09-27-2007 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 496168)
You are allowed to bring a passenger at most events as long as there is safety equipment for them and they are wearing a good helmet. I wouldn't mind bringing a passenger out for a couple fun runs

Tom

At Cumberland, there are NO passengers. The only exception is if you want an 'instructor', They will be provided at no cost.

Tom, SVXfiles had Alan Posner for his instructor, back in june.

I ought to take Mr. Posner for a ride for the first run and 'pick his brain'......

SOLO champ at a lot of places..... Yellow Accura.

subi-crosser 09-27-2007 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sov13t (Post 496062)
Hopefully I can come...

Always great to see you guys!
-Sov

Ya GOTTA come! I need a driver to haul my DRUNK A$$ home sat night! ( AGAIN)

subi-crosser 09-27-2007 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles (Post 495929)
PARTY AT HARRY'S HOUSE!!!!:D;)

Harry,

Keep me advised of the schedule NEXT year. I have not been to Winchester for a lot of years. If you have a place to throw up a tent, I might have to haul the ( SECRET WEAPON) that Tom and I are going to build over the winter down to kick some 'rebel butt'!!

This project is so 'top secret' that there will be NO posts about it untill some 'results' are posted , somewhere.

HINT, Dark blue, Subaru, SUPERCHARGER, 2.2. SM.

newsvx 09-27-2007 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subi-crosser (Post 496237)
Harry,

Keep me advised of the schedule NEXT year. I have not been to Winchester for a lot of years. If you have a place to throw up a tent, I might have to haul the ( SECRET WEAPON) that Tom and I are going to build over the winter down to kick some 'rebel butt'!!

This project is so 'top secret' that there will be NO posts about it untill some 'results' are posted , somewhere.

HINT, Dark blue, Subaru, SUPERCHARGER, 2.2. SM.

Jerry,
Will do. This is usually a small group of autocrossers. One thing to note, however, is that all cars competing MUST be street legal- ie, must be licensed and have a current state inspection sticker. No "trailered" cars allowed. Lots to run autocross are very hard to come by, and we are doing everything we can to insure the school board continues to allow us to run at Millbrook High school parking lot - by far the best lot we have ever had to autocross on ......
And we can work something out for a place to sleep ......

subi-crosser 09-27-2007 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newsvx (Post 496244)
Jerry,
Will do. This is usually a small group of autocrossers. One thing to note, however, is that all cars competing MUST be street legal- ie, must be licensed and have a current state inspection sticker. No "trailered" cars allowed. Lots to run autocross are very hard to come by, and we are doing everything we can to insure the school board continues to allow us to run at Millbrook High school parking lot - by far the best lot we have ever had to autocross on ......
And we can work something out for a place to sleep ......

WAHHHH!! I guess I might have to ' AGG TAG' it! ( since it's AWD), I might be able to convince them that I use it to pull a plow.......

( Since farmer Brown made a few adjustments, he can plow a 200 ft furrough in 3.2 seconds).

I had tags on it a couple years ago. I loaned it to my eldest daughter for a few weeks while her car was down. She called me and stated that she had a hard time 'respecting' the car. I asked her if it was because she thought it was a POS? She said, " NO, I just want to MASH THE GAS when I drive it"!! I told her that it had the same effect on ME!
The wife was the one that I built it for. She said that " it has a problem with the steering, The steering wheel jumps when I try to pull out into traffic. Do you have that problem?" I told her "No, It just kinda LUNGES to the left and I have to 'reel it in'"

Now, it will be a LOT worse! ( or BETTER) Depending on the expectations.

I guess I can bring the Outback........

svxfiles 09-28-2007 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TE1221 (Post 496211)
How much would it be for me to rent a helmet? That's right... I'm going to sign up to do a run :cool:. Hopefully I wont embarrass myself.

Just to be clear the track has loaner helmets to use during your runs, provided at no charge.:cool:

svxfiles 09-28-2007 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TE1221 (Post 496217)
Actually I'm looking at the google maps directions and it's showing up at a 5 hour drive with 300 miles. :eek::eek:

(

Diana has very clear directions to our home on our website.:)
www.svxfiles.com
The directions take you right past the Airport entrance road,
2.6 miles from our home.:)
I/we hope that you can make it!:D

Mike621 09-28-2007 07:15 AM

OK, Tim do you want to convoy with us from NJ? I think its going to be Saturday EARLY, but not definite yet.
So far, its
1) Mike621 +1 (with the Legacy)
2) It's Just Eric (with the ebony 92)
3) Subie94SVX ??? (maybe?)

I am not sure when TomsSVX is leaving, maybe we can all drive out at the same time....

green_eyed_lady 09-28-2007 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike621 (Post 496308)
OK, Tim do you want to convoy with us from NJ? I think its going to be Saturday EARLY, but not definite yet.
So far, its
1) Mike621 +1 (with the Legacy)
2) It's Just Eric (with the ebony 92)
3) Subie94SVX ??? (maybe?)

I am not sure when TomsSVX is leaving, maybe we can all drive out at the same time....

Are you guys even on the sign-up list?

1. svxfiles (and sons)
2. green_eyed_lady
3. TomsSVX
4. SVXyGirl
5. Mike621 +1 (with the Legacy)
6. It's Just Eric (with the ebony 92)
7. Subie94SVX ??? (maybe?)

NOW you are! :D

Anybody else?

Bart?
Kirill?
Dave & Melis?
Ben?
Tim?
sicksubie? (sorry, I don't know your first name)
HARRY?
JOHN???!!!

And anyone else I may have forgotten?????

Just jump in anywhere!

Sov13t 09-28-2007 09:16 AM

Yeap, definitely... I have contacted my secretaries and canceled all of my UN meetings and rescheduled my conference to discuss Nuclear Proliferation with the G8 leaders... added Reading 8.51 to my calendar :D... need to step it up though... we have 49 more to go... before 9 :rolleyes:

+ Kirill

P.S.: I will probably drop by the weekend of 22-23rd... depending on whether Tom is busy or not... gonna do some pre-meet tune ups? :D

94SubieSVX 09-28-2007 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green_eyed_lady (Post 496316)
Are you guys even on the sign-up list?

1. svxfiles (and sons)
2. green_eyed_lady
3. TomsSVX
4. SVXyGirl
5. Mike621 +1 (with the Legacy)
6. It's Just Eric (with the ebony 92)
7. 94SubieSVX +1 Most likely

NOW you are! :D

Anybody else?

Bart?
Kirill?
Dave & Melis?
Ben?
Tim?
sicksubie? (sorry, I don't know your first name)
HARRY?

And anyone else I may have forgotten?????

Just jump in anywhere!

Fixed it:)