The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mark10t Update Thread (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25535)

Aredubjay 05-16-2005 08:01 AM

Urgent Request

Folks, see the attached note from Sharon. Your thoughts and prayers are NEEDED NOW.

Quote:

Randy,

I am writing you to let you know what has happened the last couple of days with Mark, he was put on a respirator and he has a fungual infection in his both his lungs it has taken up 50/75% of his lungs plus they are trying to keep his blood pressure up because of the infection. As of 5am this morning his level went up from 40 to 85 percent the machine breathing for him and they are having to double up on the blood pressure medicne to keep it up. We need lots and lots of prayers right now! Tell the member IF he doesn't make it I willl be sending their money back to them, it not fair for me to keep the money. God Bless everyone who has been praying for him because that means alot to us.

Sharon Tente

TomsSVX 05-16-2005 11:59 AM

I may not know this man, but my thoughts and prayers are with him now

Tom

n00b on demand 05-16-2005 12:01 PM

Aww man this brings back memories of what happened with my dad :( . I'll tell my brother ( deacon) to write his name in church today for prayers.

Aredubjay 05-16-2005 01:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was just informed that Mark passed away, yesterday, at 5p.m. Central time. I had received the above email on Saturday, but hadn't checked my mail until this morning. I feel bad that I had not checked my mail earlier.

Now, thoughts and prayers will be needed for the family, that they will be able to adjust to the loss.

The SVX community has lost a valuable member and a good friend.

n00b on demand 05-16-2005 01:18 PM

Aww man :( ....I am so sad to hear that. God be with his family.

Pure_Insanity8 05-16-2005 02:06 PM

Wow... I am deeply saddened by this news. I have been praying for his recovery every since he told us his diagnosis... and I was hopeful that he would be fine.

I don't even know what to say. He was a really nice guy. If it wasn't for him, I may not have ever found a good place to have the SVX worked on. I hope his family hangs onto the car as a symbol to remember him by. I wonder if it would be a little innapopriate for some of us to go to the funeral?

I appreciate you keeping us informed, Randy. I'll pray for his family's grief to be easy... and let us all think of Mark as now being in a wonderful, worry-free place where he can drive an SVX to his heart's content.

Aredubjay 05-16-2005 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pure_Insanity8
Wow... I am deeply saddened by this news. I have been praying for his recovery every since he told us his diagnosis... and I was hopeful that he would be fine.

I don't even know what to say. He was a really nice guy. If it wasn't for him, I may not have ever found a good place to have the SVX worked on. I hope his family hangs onto the car as a symbol to remember him by. I wonder if it would be a little innapopriate for some of us to go to the funeral?

I appreciate you keeping us informed, Randy. I'll pray for his family's grief to be easy... and let us all think of Mark as now being in a wonderful, worry-free place where he can drive an SVX to his heart's content.

Aaron,
I think Sharon would welcome any SVXers who would attend the funeral. I'll try to get particulars.

I'm like you . . . I just don't know what to say.

I know that his son was quite fond of the car -- perhaps he'll join the network and keep his dad's legacy going.

dcarrb 05-16-2005 02:15 PM

Thanks for the news, Randy, as sad as it is. God bless Mark's family and friends.

dcb

Ron Mummert 05-16-2005 02:48 PM

This is truly sad, but I knew the prognosis for acute leukemia is not good, under the best circumstances. I just hope our collective thoughts helped Mark to make the best of the time he had left. I re-read some of his posts, & stumbled upon the fun exchange we had about Minnesota.
He was true gentleman, & I'll miss his contributions.

Ron.

Earthworm 05-16-2005 03:22 PM

This is the most saddening news I've read in a long time. It was so exciting hearing of his improvements and I was looking forward to seeing him at a future meet.

Looks like we'll have to wait a lot longer for that meet :(

Farewell Mark, RIP.

Aredubjay 05-16-2005 03:53 PM

In trying to get information about the funeral, I thought I'd go to Mark's web page, just to try and figure out which newspaper might carry the information. I'd never been there before. I choked up when I clicked on the link.

http://www.tentech.com/personal.htm

Dza 05-16-2005 05:21 PM

I didn't know the man either, but you can bet that I'm saddened by this loss. I have been keeping up with this, and hoping that he would pull through :(
RIP

immortal_suby 05-16-2005 05:53 PM

Very sad to hear a long time member has passed on. I hope he is driving an 800hp beast of an svx right now.

MNYPNNY 05-16-2005 07:06 PM

I don't know what to say either. I am very very sad about this. My thoughts and prayers will be with Sharon and the rest of the family.

Green1995SVX 05-16-2005 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immortal_suby
Very sad to hear a long time member has passed on. I hope he is driving an 800hp beast of an svx right now.

Absolutely. My thoughts to Sharon through all of this.

Mike