The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I Need Cup Holders!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8604)

JLittell 03-14-2003 11:53 AM

A lot of people drive with and like the wedgie...I would be one of those who don't:D

Aredubjay 03-14-2003 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by JLittell
A lot of people drive with and like the wedgie...I would be one of those who don't:D
Y'get used to it after a while. 'Specially when it has Zebra Stripes. :D

ensteele 03-14-2003 03:26 PM

Randy - I'm not goin' there! :)

LarryIII 03-14-2003 06:25 PM

I once got an Atomic Wedgie in High School. I believe it was right after gym class.

kuroneko_sama 08-05-2005 12:36 AM

im now considering a full fabrication of cupholders to fit a din that come out far enough nd are large enough to hold a 20 oz bottle.... ill keep you posted

Dza 08-05-2005 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sir_romeo
im now considering a full fabrication of cupholders to fit a din that come out far enough and are large enough to hold a 20 oz bottle.... ill keep you posted

You are my new hero. Please go through with this and let us all know. A few days ago I dumped a Coke on my crotch, seat, and floor mat after going through the McDriveThru. Your creation would ensure that this does not happen again. It would have to go in the top DIN slot, right?

Tim-H 08-07-2005 09:14 PM

I have a few rules for my car. No eating inside, and the only drinks allowed are bottles with twist on caps, no wide mouth bottles with the exception of water. oh and no sport caps, like the ones on gatorade, or the ones you pull open (again water being the only exception, and no flavored water!)

magickfingers 08-09-2005 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHISVX
yeah, that works great as long as you don't have anything really hot:eek: :eek:

Kelli

How does the temperature of something affect how the search button works?

magickfingers 08-09-2005 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92SvxChick
I want a wedgie...I looked at my local Wal-Mart but I haven't been able to find one...any other ideas on where I could find one?

Megan

Just go to any gym/construction site/anywhere else guys hang out and simply announce that " I want a wedgie" and you might be surprised...

94svxred 08-09-2005 04:19 AM

If you build it they come! :p quick question? Would you be able to have the cup holder in the out postion and still able to put the car in park :confused: (I guess this is only an issue if you have an auto) :rolleyes:

kuroneko_sama 08-10-2005 12:40 AM

i believe i have come to 2 choices in custom cupholders, both would look stock one would be din mounted in the top din and be fully adjustable on swing arms keeping stereo controls , climate control, and shifter still convienient to use, and collapses into the din unseen when not in use.

the other is a retracting adjustable system that would hide in the console over the ebrake. (ebarake still functions, holders slide out of view when not in reach.

i considered daking a din holder out of a taurus or honda or something but all of them only hold cans and i would have to bore outthe holes and refab the swinging support shelf (keeping cans from falling through) to fit anything else...plus they dont clear the temp system and make it close to the shifter in park... besides what kind of jackass makes cupholders for cans only anyway???.... i an looking for something that will hold a 20 oz soda bottle at least... maybe hopefully a 1 liter seltzer bottle (i love my lime seltzer)

Seraph 08-10-2005 09:53 PM

I may have a few OEM cu holders to get rid of soon.

kuroneko_sama 08-11-2005 12:17 AM

i now have a third option im working on as well soon ill have photos