The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   President Bush must have failed math (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31585)

Mike621 02-18-2006 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electrophil
500 billion spent in Iraq is a LOT of student loans, plus a LOT of welfare.

+1

I have a lot to say on this subject, but Im not in the mood. kthx

intelisevil 02-18-2006 10:37 PM

Quote:

Better yet, has anyone thought of what would have actually happened if the sleezebag Bush hadn't of been elected, and 9/11 prevented?

We could have prevented Bush being elected (if anyone would have been willing to run against him), I highly doubt we could have prevented 9/11.

Where's Bipa when we need her to put this all into the proper perspective?

Dan

Electrophil 02-18-2006 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intelisevil
We could have prevented Bush being elected (if anyone would have been willing to run against him), I highly doubt we could have prevented 9/11.

Where's Bipa when we need her to put this all into the proper perspective?

Dan

Good point Dan. Where is Bipa? I haven't seen her post in a while.

Noir 02-18-2006 10:41 PM

Quote:

Good point Dan. Where is Bipa? I haven't seen her post in a while.

I think Bush and his peeps finally got a hold of her. I know she's been on teh run for a while. ;) :p

Manarius 02-18-2006 10:46 PM

With the 1.2 billion we waste a week in Iraq, we could be spending that money on Student Loans, Paying back Social Security, protecting our borders, helping Katrina victims, etc.

Instead, we waste that money on a country that couldn't give two s%#t's about us.

I'd really like to know, how is it that we can continue to cut taxes, yet spend more money? I mean, I'm only in Microecon, but it seems to me that you shouldn't be spending more money then you're taking in. It would be like me going out and buying a new SVX every week for 4000 when I'm only taking in $2000 a week.

Electrophil 02-18-2006 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir
I think Bush and his peeps finally got a hold of her. I know she's been on teh run for a while. ;) :p

:D Heh.. Yeah, she's got this big guy shining a light in her face saying "Ve haf vays of makink you vremem...ber.. :D

Electrophil 02-18-2006 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manarius
With the 1.2 billion we waste a week in Iraq, we could be spending that money on Student Loans, Paying back Social Security, protecting our borders, helping Katrina victims, etc.

Instead, we waste that money on a country that couldn't give two s%#t's about us.

I'd really like to know, how is it that we can continue to cut taxes, yet spend more money? I mean, I'm only in Microecon, but it seems to me that you shouldn't be spending more money then you're taking in. It would be like me going out and buying a new SVX every week for 4000 when I'm only taking in $2000 a week.

This says it all.. right here. This is why I re-registered as a Democrat after spending the first 40 years of my life as a republican. The republican party no longer stands for conservatism, except in the area of thumping a bible.
(no offence meant to anyone on the bible thumping... I'm just saying that's the only conservatism left in the party.) And since religion is constitutionally considered separated from Government, we have a problem.

Noir 02-18-2006 11:04 PM

Quote:

This says it all.. right here. This is why I re-registered as a Democrat after spending the first 40 years of my life as a republican. The republican party no longer stands for conservatism, except in the area of thumping a bible.
(no offence meant to anyone on the bible thumping... I'm just saying that's the only conservatism left in the party.) And since religion is constitutionally considered separated from Government, we have a problem.

:mad: i want to be thumped by some hot christian chicks..... :p

AppStateSVX 02-18-2006 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonsvx
I didnt vote for either one:D If they would get someone worth a damn I might get interested in voting again.

Not to call you out, but THIS is the real problem I have with people that always bash Bush. First thing I always ask them is, "did you vote?" and usually the response I get is "no, it wouldn't have made a difference", but then again, will their griping to me about the President will make a difference? People need to VOTE, stop your biitching and VOTE. Unless you vote, shut your mouth for the next 3 or so years.

Royal Tiger 02-19-2006 07:50 AM

Anyone who is pro welfare is free to come chase 19 year old drug dealers through back alleys with me, who when you catch them give you disability welfare recepient as their income source. Oh that and the 60 inch plasma big screens and Lincoln Navigators parked in the lots of the projects while they pay $100 a month in rent. Is it hip to be a facist again yet?

Manarius 02-19-2006 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppStateSVX
Not to call you out, but THIS is the real problem I have with people that always bash Bush. First thing I always ask them is, "did you vote?" and usually the response I get is "no, it wouldn't have made a difference", but then again, will their griping to me about the President will make a difference? People need to VOTE, stop your biitching and VOTE. Unless you vote, shut your mouth for the next 3 or so years.

If I could have voted in the past election I would have.

And I do agree, if you didn't vote, you have no right to complain. But if you did, then you have every right to do so.

n00b on demand 02-19-2006 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigershark
Anyone who is pro welfare is free to come chase 19 year old drug dealers through back alleys with me, who when you catch them give you disability welfare recepient as their income source. Oh that and the 60 inch plasma big screens and Lincoln Navigators parked in the lots of the projects while they pay $100 a month in rent. Is it hip to be a facist again yet?

Yeah really i mean cmon....i agree with you 100% dan.

ensteele 02-19-2006 12:43 PM

Quote:

If I could have voted in the past election I would have.

And I do agree, if you didn't vote, you have no right to complain. But if you did, then you have every right to do so.

But you didn't vote, for whatever reason. :o

n00b on demand 02-19-2006 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
But you didn't vote, for whatever reason. :o

I dont think he was old enough....

ensteele 02-19-2006 12:49 PM

Quote:

Have you talked to any of our military people who have returned from over there? If you did, you may find out that most of the people there DO care about us and have gratitude for us saving them from the system that they were in. You may find out that the spin that the news puts on things is not correct on them wanting us to leave. Yes, it is costly, but if we were not there, the student loans would not go up, or the tuition go down.

Don't over look the fact that the unemployment rate is at one of the lowest levels in years. I guess I just look at the glass and see it half full instead of being half empty and feeling it is almost gone. :o